Author Topic: Toilet Paper: Over or Under?  (Read 1617 times)

Toilet Paper: Over or Under?
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »

It's one of the most divisive discussions one could ever have :).  Weather or not you want your roll facing in or out while you go to the loo is a very serious decision most make early on.  A ancient debate with deep history.  Their are the passionate vocal defenders of each side.  Which side are you?

I myself am an under man.  Its just less intrusive. More reserved and elegant.  It's more convenient to roll out for me. It isn't in the way. With the under roll it feels more like the toilet paper is reclusive, and less disruptive or distracting.  It's essentially being an introvert.  It is not so intrusive in your space.  While over is hanging over your knee, asking you how your day was.  I don't need all that.  Over is right there in your personal space. Any closer and it would ask for a turn in Fire Emblem.  It's just too much.  The strand of TP hanging too close for me.   While Under is a arms reach away but still there and not dangling on your read.  Under has boundaries and respect.   

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:57:40 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

maximo310

Re: Toilet Paper: Over or Under?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:29:37 am »
This is a discussion that needs to be flushed down the drain.  8)

Flashback2012

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:09:29 am »
Technically speaking, the roll is "over" in both examples and is either "Facing Outward" or "Facing Inward".  :P

Me personally I'm a "Facing Inward" type of guy.  ;)

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:12:42 am »
Under seems impractical for reaching for and breaking off, if anyone in the household put the roll on that way it would be placed to Over.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 05:48:05 am »
Lol over!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:59:23 am »
Over!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 09:31:06 am »
Sideways

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 09:34:49 am »
this is entirely dependant on the toilet papers position to you. if the roll is close enough to grab without having to fully extend your arm, ie the roll is on your left or right and slightly forward of your body, then it is easiest to place the roll under. if the roll is placed far enough away that you have to fully extend your arm, ie the roll placed on the wall directly in front of you on a near wall, then it is more convienient having it over to help make up the distance between you and the roll. it is all down to simple ergonomics and should be placed the most appropriate way in your own situation ;)

In the picture you show though it does not look like you should place the roll under as it looks to be contacting the wall though..

Yay over thinking this!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:36:21 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 10:31:48 am »
The original patient for the toilet paper holder depicts it over.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:21:27 pm by badATchaos »

doafan

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 12:10:00 pm »
You must be kidding me, who need toilet paper when you can use these ...

... just don't tell me that you don't know how to use them  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »
At first I thought this was asking if you went front to back or back to front, lol. I was thinking, "I really don't need to know this about you guys."

realpoketendonl

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »
Over obviously. I honestly will never understand why anybody would prefer under to over. Over is so much easier! You can reach it easily and it's easier to rip.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

azure

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 10:21:30 pm »
Up and down and all around.