Author Topic: Some of the digital games cover images I submitted were wrongfully rejected  (Read 1620 times)

desocietas

Am I missing something here? The images are all the same, and it said you submitted the most recent image.

Oh, I'm sorry!  :-[ It showed the old image for me even after you asked about it. Maybe I had a cache problem. : /

From an admin standpoint, the rejection process is definitely not perfect. Would be best if we had a text field to relay the issue/rejection reason.

Please! Also a spot for a note to the admin as to why the change is requested.

Believe it or not, I am only talking about one of many rejection-related problems. I got a TON of unneeded rejections, and so far I think the only ones that were justified rejections were what I changed before I knew about store.playstation.com.

No worries! I think it's an easy issue to come up with new users as they use accustomed to our system. We usually recommend that new users take their time in the beginning with edits. That way, if there are any issues, it's easy to find out why. There are also different admins looking at the list of edits at different times. We try to be consistent as possible between each other, naturally, but we also have our own different standards/judgment calls.

I wish there was a way for the admin to communicate more when accepting or rejecting a change, but maybe that's something that will be possible in a future version of VGC.

P.S. - That cache issue has confused me a number of times now! Now I try to empty my cache if something seems weird.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

charlesmabe

So now what? Do I just give up on having my collection have consistent and nice-looking art from the most official and reliable sources, because the moderators don't approve it? Not to mention the digital game descriptions that got rejected even though they are the OFFICIAL descriptions for the DIGITAL VERSIONS of the games...

So now what? Do I just give up on having my collection have consistent and nice-looking art from the most official and reliable sources, because the moderators don't approve it? Not to mention the digital game descriptions that got rejected even though they are the OFFICIAL descriptions for the DIGITAL VERSIONS of the games...
2 things here.

1.  The image change should be accepted if it is truly what the image SHOULD be, regardless of conformity and consistency.

2.  Digital games "descriptions" are in contention right now, because we talk about whether or not the "description" from the game's page should go in the "box text" or "description" field.  Personally, I feel that the description from the game's page should go in the "box text" because that is essentially what it is, box text.  Description is supposed to be a different kind of information.  But again, it's all kind of constantly contended.

Personally, I've stopped adding descriptions/box text to listings because I just don't know when an admin is going to accept it or reject it, so it's just not worth it from my standpoint.  I've gotten edits accepted AND rejected in description, in box text, including safety information, not including safety information.  There is no solid consistency from the moderators, so me personally, I just gave up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:22:33 am by ignition365 »