Author Topic: Have you ever achieved a full set for a console? Do you think you ever will?  (Read 6737 times)

soera

To me a complete set is one of every game not one of every variant.

My quest for Sega Genesis fullset was also to include variants. Then I ended up finding variants no one ever posted about. I think it will never be something that can be accomplished!

I cant imagine going for variants. It seems too impossible a task depending on the set.

never achieved it currently aiming for the complete EXTENDED vita set

I have a few good reasons to pick vita

verry little shovelware
not too many games so doible

and its a sort of a goodbye to me to gaming because as it stands now after the vita dies I have to quit gaming at least new games.

no interest in the ps4

I rather shoot myself then get an x-box one and the switch in my book is just as bad as the wiiu and wii.

and why I hate them because of the controlls and the tablet controller.

but things like dlc download only games and payed online ruin it for me.

so unless the 3ds gets a succesor with free online I wont buy new systems or games anymore.

sure I cna still do retro games when I compelte my vita ste but the way prices for retro games are going now thats probatly not gonna happen either.

pzeke

Personally this concept never ever crossed my mind until I started watching people on YouTube talking about it or showing their collections.

Not my cup of tea, quite frankly. For once, I like to buy games that I know I will play; I can't marry to the notion of buying a game simply to, essentially, keep as shelf candy (with specific exceptions, of course). The other reason is space - it's quite the luxury and I can't waste any of it. However, if I were to toy with the idea of ever achieving a complete collection, it would probably be for the Game Boy handhelds, and cartridge only. But in all honesty, not in the cards for me.

I will admit that it looks rad when someone showcases a complete collection, especially one that's been well-kept.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

I never wanted too tbh, that's just not the way I like to collect. I'm a gamer first so I prefer to only have games i'm interested in playing.

Warmsignal

I gave up doing this for the Wii U. It quickly reached a point where the junkiest crap games you could dredge up became like $500 worth, and I just couldn't luck into any of them. I don't even care now. It was a stupid idea.

kashell

I gave up doing this for the Wii U. It quickly reached a point where the junkiest crap games you could dredge up became like $500 worth, and I just couldn't luck into any of them. I don't even care now. It was a stupid idea.

Is Hello Kitty the only one that's prohibiting you from getting all of them?

Turbo Super Stunt Squad and The Croods as well I'm sure.

sworddude

Turbo Super Stunt Squad and The Croods as well I'm sure.

So many shepards profiting from the those lost stray sheep who have this collecting itch ::)

/
These are the things  that show It's more about the item and monetary value than this hobby for some people, there is no solid reason to grab these even if they had reasonable prices while being rare.

It's all a numbers and value game for most people trying to get a good deal even though the games are just shelf candy them content being trash. Deep inside I'm laughing that people pay good money for not even old but new rare bad games  ;D

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:40:55 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

brazbit

Not a goal personally. If it happens some day, awesome. I won't lose any sleep if not.
If it was just a matter of tracking down all the games, it would be something I might consider. But every system seems to have it's own equivalent of a $500 "Mary Kate & Ashley: Watching Paint Dry 101" game. So I'm not going to worry about it.

Warmsignal

It's just stupid to go for a complete set. You buy so many games you don't even care about and I don't care what anyone thinks, it does not look good on the shelf to see that. I never wanted any Wii U games for the rarity, I just thought a small library was doable and it would be like paying some kind of homage to the Wii U. Well, that's idiotic, it just makes me realize it too was tainted with a bunch of crap. I won't attempt to do it again. Ironically, there are still a few I still want and never managed to get because I was too busy picking up Monster High and other crap.

pzeke

You pretty much realized the cold truth by basically hitting rock bottom.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

soera

It's just stupid to go for a complete set.

Its not "stupid" to go for a complete set. With that being said, its most definitely not for everyone. It takes extreme dedication to a system and a pretty fat wallet to do so. Ive sacrificed a lot to be able to do what I do. But in the end, I fully support my PS4 and will continue to work towards that full wall of beautiful blue cases.

But in the end, I fully support my PS4 and will continue to work towards that full wall of beautiful blue cases.

Yeah, seeing the wall of games is certainly a good driving point for me as well, seeing it expand and gaps filling in one by one. Even the games I don't care much for like Madden or Fifa give off a sense of satisfaction when I look at their near-complete blocks. And I do fully intend to play everything eventually, even the crappy ones, as they provide a good experience in their own bizarre way (Except Farming Simulator. That game was pure ass). And with around a little over a third of the games actually played, and half that 100% completed (or close to), I'd think I'm doing my library justice.

I will have to admit however, that a wall of Xbox One games looks like shit. Why they went from unique spines to a constant pencil-lead gray, I have no idea. Helps keep my focus on the 360 though.

kevininja

I personally would never go for a full set, but I can definitely see why some people do it.

If I stumble upon the other 2 expensive Wii U games for cheap like I just did with Turbo, I might decide to go for a full set for the Wii U.

I'm currently going for a full set for the N64 and I'm down to the last 60 or so games and probably 40-50 of those are cheap sports games.