Author Topic: Return Fire PC Game  (Read 609 times)

Return Fire PC Game
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:23:34 pm »
So I found this pc game while at a thrift store recently and am a bit curious about it

I searched through some of the main sites I like to look at for games (ebay, amazon, etc.) and only found a few other copies of this version of the game (which were just game/jewel case; no box or manual). I'm very new to collecting, and haven't been unable to find a game online before

Do I have something interesting here?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:30:14 pm by itsjustport »

tripredacus

Re: Return Fire PC Game
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
What country are you in?

US version certainly exists. I have it on a couple demo discs. Curious, none on US ebay right now... BUT we're talking about PC games. The market for PC games is such that it is difficult to determine value on certain items. Things that are insanely rare can have no known value because you can have a low demand or unknown demand on an item. Rarity doesn't mean anything in the PC Game collector's market like it does for console games because the amount of collectors is very low in comparison.

I have many items in my PC Games/software (even hardware) collection that appear to be rare, but there is no real market for them so they have unknown demand or unknown value.

The best example I could think of off the top of my head is the registered version of Notyet:
https://vgcollect.com/item/123306
Which to my knowledge, the only images online (or indexed by Google) of this release is the one on that item entry and the picture I put of all three on twitter.
https://twitter.com/Tripredacus/status/854709245006278657

PC Game collecting right now is generally ruled by big box releases of AAA titles, and modern Collector's Editions. Everything else falls into the unknown quantity category.

Re: Return Fire PC Game
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »
I am from the US, and thank you for the information. This all seems so much different than console collecting so it's helped a lot and I'm definitely more interested in collecting Big Box PC now

Anyway, thanks again!