Author Topic: Top five sequel wish list  (Read 5039 times)

azure

Re: Top five sequel wish list
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 12:43:39 pm »
Looks like I can scratch Metroid off the list now!

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 02:43:07 pm »
1. Skate
2. Watch Dogs
3. Alan Wake
4. Tony Hawk's Pro Sakter
5. Bully

kashell

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »
@shfan: Was the Azure Dreams on the Game Boy Color a sequel to the PlayStation game? Or was it more of a side-story, gaiden, etc.?

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 05:18:26 pm »
Brigandine gold ed? never heard of it. I'll check into it thanks.

shfan

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 08:32:30 pm »
From what I can gather Kashell the GBC game is basically a ground-up rebuild with some parts removed and some new parts put in, but effectively the same game. I'd love a copy, but I doubt I'll find a complete one in good condition now.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 09:02:22 pm »
Wild Arms 6
Timesplitters 4
Mega Man Legends 3
Fallout New Vegas 2
Tetris Attack 2/Pokemon Puzzle League 2/Puzzle League Smash something with that Tetris Attack gameplay.
The Punisher 2 (Sequel to the PS2/Xbox game)

Tons of other games I'd love to see.  Mercenaries 3, a new Red Faction, a new Saints Row, tons of kooky old games I'd love to see sequels to (Under The Skin, Tokyo Jungle, etc)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:08:36 pm by ignition365 »

kashell

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 08:16:08 am »
Brigandine gold ed? never heard of it. I'll check into it thanks.

No problem! It's not a true sequel, but it looks like the more polished and complete version of Brigandine. That game really needs more love.

From what I can gather Kashell the GBC game is basically a ground-up rebuild with some parts removed and some new parts put in, but effectively the same game. I'd love a copy, but I doubt I'll find a complete one in good condition now.

Gotcha. Well, darn. I was hoping that it would help fill the void for a sequel. Tao's Adventure for the DS(?) is supposedly a spiritual successor, but that's not quite the same thing. Azure Dreams was such a unique game.

solaine

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 05:07:19 pm »
1. Brink - a promising idea with a bunch of problems that I think a sequel could fix
2. Super Meat Boy - yes I have seen McMillan's new game and it looks promising, but a proper sequel would be sick
3. Sid Meier's Pirates!
4. Salt and Sanctuary
5. Pony Island

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 08:16:39 am »
2. Super Meat Boy - yes I have seen McMillan's new game and it looks promising, but a proper sequel would be sick
Super Meat Boy Forever has been confirmed.

solaine

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 09:42:19 am »
The thing about McMillan games though, is they appear and disappear, especially recently.

Like don't get me wrong, I love McMillan, but I've stopped getting excited about his games until a later development cycle cause there's a million that don't seem to be going anywhere. I'm stoked for it, but until it's like, out, it's not really on my radar as much.

I am quite excited about the announcement though lol.

shfan

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 03:46:57 pm »
Tao's adventure looks interesting, thanks for the tip! It's a great pity Konami went haywire, people usually lament the main series such as Contra and Castlevania (agreed with, mind you), but to me it's the loss of all the quirky stuff they released like Azure Dreams which really left me down, they were a powerhouse up to and including the PS2 era.

kashell

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 08:01:26 am »
Tao's adventure looks interesting, thanks for the tip! It's a great pity Konami went haywire, people usually lament the main series such as Contra and Castlevania (agreed with, mind you), but to me it's the loss of all the quirky stuff they released like Azure Dreams which really left me down, they were a powerhouse up to and including the PS2 era.

I 100% agree. I won't say no to more Castlevania, but they left so much untapped potential with Azure Dreams.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 08:01:07 am »
The thing about McMillan games though, is they appear and disappear, especially recently.

Like don't get me wrong, I love McMillan, but I've stopped getting excited about his games until a later development cycle cause there's a million that don't seem to be going anywhere. I'm stoked for it, but until it's like, out, it's not really on my radar as much.

I am quite excited about the announcement though lol.
https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/877766773558329344/photo/1

soera

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 01:44:36 am »
Hrmm. This could be interesting. Most of the games I wanted sequels for (NNK, God of War, Darksiders, hopefully the localization of DQX) are on the way. But there are a few that should/wish would happen.

#1 - Battle of Olympus. The best game on the NES. Yet a sequel never arrived.
#2 - World of Final fantasy. I know the game isnt that old but I adored it and really hope they continue the series.
#3 - Magic knight Rayearth. The Saturn game was a masterpiece. A remaster and sequel combo would be a dream come true.

A continuation of a few casts

#4 - Phantasy star. Alis and the crew really need a new adventure
#5 - Final Fantasy 6. One of the best games of all time and a game Ive played through many times. Terra and Celes for life! :)

Flashback2012

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 02:20:04 am »
1. Dragon Force III
2. Phantasy Star V
3. Shining Force IV
4. Age of Mythology 2
5. Superman 64 II  :o  ???  :P

The first 3 choices were immediately easy but I was having trouble after that. It was kind of hard to conjure up games that I invested a ton of time in that didn't have proper sequels and the only one that came to mind was Age of Mythology. Maybe something like a new Gradius / Salamander or a new Thunder Force entry?