Author Topic: Top five sequel wish list  (Read 4976 times)

Re: Top five sequel wish list
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2017, 02:46:33 am »
1. Brutal Legend 2
2. Banjo-Kazooie 3
3. Super Mario RPG 2
4. Mega Man Legends 3
5. Godzilla 2 (The recent PS4 game, as it's great fan service, but a game with a lot of problems they could iron out with a sequel.  Also it needs Shin Godzilla!)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 01:28:23 pm »
1. Brutal Legend 2

Yeah, that would be awesome. That should be on my list.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 05:56:32 pm »
1. Silent Hills :'(
2. Technically a prequel I guess, but what I wouldn't give to have a Metal Gear Solid game about the Cobra Unit kicking ass in World War II
3. D4 Season 2
4. Drakengard 4, one with a competent development team and a budget of more than $30. I think this one might actually happen with Automata's success. Fingers crossed.
5. Illbleed 2

Unpopular opinion, but as much as I love Haunting Ground, I really don't see why there's so much demand for a sequel. The plot seemed pretty self-contained, and I think it would feel forced to tack a new story onto the ending. Unless you're a huge loser like I am and like to pretend that it led into Resident Evil 4.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

exhuminator

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:06 pm »
Ultimately I wish the Hotel Dusk / Last Window series would have gotten a third entry on DS. It would have been perfect as a trilogy. There are some unanswered questions from both games, which could have been answered in a third game.

I would have appreciated an Endless Ocean series continuation on 3DS.

I wish the NES Bionic Commando had gotten a SNES sequel. Super Bionic Commando should have existed.

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 11:50:20 am »
Proper sequels in any of these franchises would be awesome:

Playstation All Start Battle Royale
Ape Escape
F-Zero
Medievil
Klonoa

kashell

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 12:23:41 pm »
Unpopular opinion, but as much as I love Haunting Ground, I really don't see why there's so much demand for a sequel. The plot seemed pretty self-contained, and I think it would feel forced to tack a new story onto the ending. Unless you're a huge loser like I am and like to pretend that it led into Resident Evil 4.

You've piqued my interest! I'll grab some snacks if you care to elaborate.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2017, 06:28:06 pm »
Ultimately I wish the Hotel Dusk / Last Window series would have gotten a third entry on DS.

I had no idea how much I wanted this until now. Very underappreciated series.

You've piqued my interest! I'll grab some snacks if you care to elaborate.

Haha, it's nothing that interesting, I promise. Back in the day, I somehow got it in my head that both games shared a universe and that Hewie was the same dog that saved Leon from El Gigante. Both were developed by Capcom, both are clearly set in modern (for the time) central Europe, so why not? Young me was not very smart. Young me was also exceptionally morbid, so I assumed something happened to Fiona between games and that Hewie was now running around alone in the woods kicking ass in her name. If I had the drive and the discipline, I'm sure I would have written dozens of cringey fanfics about it.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.