Author Topic: SNES Classic  (Read 10732 times)

Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2017, 03:58:31 am »
I was sleeping, so I missed it.

Flashback2012

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2017, 05:23:28 am »
I was sleeping, so I missed it.

Same.  ;D

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2017, 11:25:23 am »
I was on Facebook last night when the preorders went live, and a local retro gaming group I belong to exploded with posts about it so I was probably in fairly early to order one. I didn't have any trouble adding it to my cart and checking out so I am hoping all is well with my order. Of course I tried visiting the page for the SNES classic just 5-minutes after completing my order and getting a confirmation order, and the page was down, followed by it going back up with no way of ordering one. This is going to be the NES classic all over again and of course we have Nintendo to blame for short selling their customers again, forcing them to take time off of work or sacrifice time they'd be doing more important things in order to obtain one of their products...

First thing I did this morning was check my email, half way expecting to get a "You Order has been Cancelled" email. Thank goodness there was none. Fingers crossed everything works out with this thing. I had minimal interest in the NES Classic, but this I am genuinely excited about.

athmaus

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2017, 12:55:15 pm »
seriously! i didnt know they went live! I didnt get an alert from amazon! blah

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2017, 05:42:59 pm »
seriously! i didnt know they went live! I didnt get an alert from amazon! blah

This was only Walmart opening up their pre-orders.  Don't believe anywhere else has done their pre-orders yet that I've heard of, but it'll likely be soon.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 10:49:07 am »
Everyone still have their preorders?  I saw an article saying preorders went live by mistake and they were all being canceled.  Any word from y'all that succeeded?

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2017, 10:59:49 am »
I've been hearing reports that Walmart isn't even notifying people of the cancellations, they are doing ninja cancels like Amazon does.

The only way to be certain that your order hasn't been cancelled is to login to Walmart's website and view your order details.

desocietas

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2017, 11:02:31 am »
I've been hearing reports that Walmart isn't even notifying people of the cancellations, they are doing ninja cancels like Amazon does.

The only way to be certain that your order hasn't been cancelled is to login to Walmart's website and view your order details.

Phew, mine still says "processing'
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 11:06:06 am »
thankfully there is a local gaming store that puts pre-orders for things up as soon as they are announced. unfortunately its on a first come first serve basis and my spot is #22. they are not guaranteed to get more than a case or 2 in for them so there is still a chance I wont get one.

I went in and pre-ordered it the day after it was announced and im scared to ask how many total pre-orders they have for it..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:07:37 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 08:16:51 am »
It sounds like it's the NES Classic all over again.

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 11:12:56 am »

Pretty much. Despite Nintendo being completely aware of how in demand this will be, they will meet half the demand at best before discontinuing it.

soera

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 11:56:35 am »
Everyone still have their preorders?  I saw an article saying preorders went live by mistake and they were all being canceled.  Any word from y'all that succeeded?

The amount I paid was deducted from my bank and my order still seems good.

kashell

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2017, 12:12:54 pm »

Pretty much. Despite Nintendo being completely aware of how in demand this will be, they will meet half the demand at best before discontinuing it.

My biggest problem with this is that I was genuinely interested and excited about this. But, knowing how this is going to go down, those feelings devolved to disinterested and apathetic.

tpugmire

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2017, 12:14:38 pm »

My biggest problem with this is that I was genuinely interested and excited about this. But, knowing how this is going to go down, those feelings devolved to disinterested and apathetic.

My feelings exactly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:54:08 pm by tpugmire »
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2017, 12:51:14 pm »
Anyone look into JPN or EU versions?