Author Topic: SNES Classic  (Read 10609 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 02:03:51 pm »
I feel the same as I did the NES Classic: Great for those that don't have a SNES, but I already have a real SNES and more games than this thing has. So I don't need it.

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 02:13:57 pm »
Kept active all day trying to see if the pre-order was gonna pop up, but never did, so now I'll probably miss it lol Hopefully it's not just spontaneous when they start taking pre-orders.

Yeah, I called a couple of Gamestops in my area and they both said that they probably will not be doing preorders on these due to Nintendo making these very limited. I am not convinced and will probably be calling almost every day about these until I get a concrete answer.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 02:35:52 pm »
I just watched a trailer for Star Fox 2 and it occurred to me that I played through Star Fox 2 last year as part of my 52 game challenge... so now I care slightly less about this.

I'd much rather have a repro anyways.

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 03:41:43 pm »
I just watched a trailer for Star Fox 2 and it occurred to me that I played through Star Fox 2 last year as part of my 52 game challenge... so now I care slightly less about this.

One thing that would stand out though is that this is the final version of the game.  The Star Fox 2 that exists out there isn't the final version and will have some noticeable differences in how it plays and I thought I read it was also fan translated, so extra unofficial.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 03:45:14 pm »

One thing that would stand out though is that this is the final version of the game.  The Star Fox 2 that exists out there isn't the final version and will have some noticeable differences in how it plays and I thought I read it was also fan translated, so extra unofficial.
Hmmmmm... maybe.  My understanding was that the dev had released the final code at some point.

I appear to be mistaken.  The dev had seen the final code at some point and mentioned that there are many features in it that were never in the various ROMs released.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:52:33 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 05:55:56 pm »
I have one extra NZ/AUS (Europe) version pre-ordered if anyone's interested  8). I can probably get two more units with my partner's accounts if there are more interests 8).

Only open to "valid" VGCollect members  :D.

Total Price = Cost of the item + shipping + paypal fees (if any).

Note: Ship from NZ. Airmail won't be expensive unless you want to use express.

soera

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
Ill take it!

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 12:20:37 am »
I have one extra NZ/AUS (Europe) version pre-ordered if anyone's interested  8). I can probably get two more units with my partner's accounts if there are more interests 8).

i would love one as well if one opens up! thanks in advance!!

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 06:37:02 am »

PM sent  :)

kashell

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 08:32:41 am »
Hmm...mind sending me a PM if it's not too late?

If I missed the deadline, no worries.

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 12:24:00 pm »

PM sent  :)

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!  so stoked!!!!

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »
Hmm...mind sending me a PM if it's not too late?

If I missed the deadline, no worries.

PM sent :D - last one  ;)

soera

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2017, 01:11:55 am »
Around 1030 pm CST, Walmart sent out emails saying that the SNES classic was open for pre-order. Lots of people happened to get it and jumped on it. Currently the link is now dead. Not sure how its all going to play out (I did put in an order for one so hoping it works).

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2017, 01:13:03 am »
I also got an order in, hoping for the best, but never know.  Apparently Walmart tends to cancel stuff regular in these cases.