Author Topic: To Celebrate The Occasion...  (Read 2133 times)

amauriel

To Celebrate The Occasion...
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:13:04 am »
To celebrate the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising, and more importantly for those of us who pre-ordered, Kid Icarus Classic 3D, I thought I'd provide the link to the Game Center CX episode where Arino-Kacho plays through Kid Icarus.

If you've never seen Game Center CX, enjoy, and I apologize in advance for getting you addicted. It's basically a guy who loves video games but is awful at them, playing retro games, sucking at them, and bitching about how much he sucks at them or how hard they are. Usually with other commentary and jokes. It's the show that inspired Retro Game Challenge for the DS in the U.S.

Episode 30: Kid Icarus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap01_ucjvB4
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

Re: To Celebrate The Occasion...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:28 am »
I love Game Center CX, and I'm always waiting for more episodes to get subbed.  And yeah, it can get pretty addicting. It's crazy how Arino is pretty bad at games, and yet he's completed a lot of the really tough ones (even the pussified japanese version of Battletoads... which I'm still waiting for the episodes to be subbed). Also love the other segments like Moshi Moshi Daisakusen and Tama-ge.

Hint: Click here for more episodes

scott

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 08:54:01 am »
I should remember to check this after work... If I'm not too busy playing Kid Icarus, that is.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »
I love Game Center CX, and I'm always waiting for more episodes to get subbed.  And yeah, it can get pretty addicting. It's crazy how Arino is pretty bad at games, and yet he's completed a lot of the really tough ones (even the pussified japanese version of Battletoads... which I'm still waiting for the episodes to be subbed). Also love the other segments like Moshi Moshi Daisakusen and Tama-ge.

Hint: Click here for more episodes

To anyone using this link, this is the one I used when I first got hooked on Game Center CX. I do believe you have to make an account to be able to download those.

And about the Battletoads one, although I speak more Japanese than the average person, I'm always afraid I've missed something fantastic when I watch the raw files, (I'm not even close to being fluent) and I've been waiting for them to sub the Princess Tomato one for a long time.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »
I'm hoping to learn Japanese soon. I would love to go to Japan on vacation eventually, and only would go if I could speak the language.

Also, http://vgcollect.com/item/23824 add it to your collections people!

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:31 pm »

I'm not even sure if I received it already (I should have), but DONE! :P

And yeah, while I have minor japanese knowledge (finished a beginner class and self-learned a bit (still doing so, SLOOOOWLY)), it's definitely not enough to follow GCCX in raw form, much less Arino's very japanese jokes.

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:36:10 pm »
I think I will do it after I buy it :D

It's still WAY above my $7 limit.

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 02:50:25 pm »
Ha, ya I bet that would screw up your average quite a bit.

Also, I added 3D Classics: Kid Icarus to the database: http://vgcollect.com/item/23829

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:26 pm »
Speaking of which, weren't we supposed to get that 3D classic with Kid Icarus pre-orders? Because I didn't, I just got a pack of AR cards.

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »
I ordered the game from Amazon and they e-mailed me the code for Kid Icarus Classics at 4:37 this morning. Played it a bit then (Insomnia has been kicking my butt lately) so I know it downloaded fine and everything. But it wasn't in the box or anything, just e-mailed.

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 06:45:49 pm »
Aww, guess I don't have it then... I thought it was announced that every pre-order would get it, but I guess not in Canada.

scott

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 07:43:03 pm »
Ya I ordered thru Amazon also and received my email very early this morning. This game is also going to make me buy the circle pad pro, just so I can play left handed... sigh.

jobocan

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:09 pm »
So, how are you guys liking the game? I think it's really fun, though I'm still getting used to the ground controls. Going above 7 in intensity seems to be suicide until I get better weapons... I tried 8.1 and got downgraded to 7.1 since I died against the boss, only then could I defeat it. I'm using the stand right now, just because I'm playing on a flat surface... It doesn't really help, but it may be a tad more comfortable... hard to say :P

Now I'm playing while watching the GCCX episode :P

scott

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:19 pm »
My hands are cramping up from trying to hold it and I can't play in 3D. Right now I don't have a table close by to play at, but tomorrow I'm gonna go get a Circle Pad Pro and see if playing with my proper hand helps anything.  :'(

jobocan

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »
My hands are cramping up from trying to hold it and I can't play in 3D. Right now I don't have a table close by to play at, but tomorrow I'm gonna go get a Circle Pad Pro and see if playing with my proper hand helps anything.  :'(

In the options you can choose to move Pit with the face buttons instead of the control pad, maybe that would help?