Author Topic: Game Boy Advanced Video  (Read 1353 times)

Game Boy Advanced Video
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »
Could "Game Boy Advanced Video" be under its own category.
I feel it makes sense since it is not a game, hardware, or an accessory.
For PSP there is a separation between the "UMD movie" and the "UMD game".
So I was wondering if we could have that separation for the GBA also.

Re: Game Boy Advanced Video
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 01:44:54 pm »
It's a matter of scale. There was less than forty GBA video paks made, which isn't too hard to keep track of. UMD movies is a bit harder; being that there's over a thousand releases. Some estimates put it at two thousand.

telly

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:51:07 pm »
It's a matter of scale. There was less than forty GBA video paks made, which isn't too hard to keep track of. UMD movies is a bit harder; being that there's over a thousand releases. Some estimates put it at two thousand.

I don't agree, if we separated UMD movies from the PSP category, I think the same thing should be done to GBA videos.

I don't think the category size is relevant. I mean, we recently split the CD 32X into it's own category, and that's only like 10 games. It's not about keeping track, it's about making sense of each category if there's a distinct enough difference. We already decided that it was with PSP UMD movies
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:23:31 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:45 am »

I don't agree, if we separated UMD movies from the PSP category, I think the same thing should be done to GBA videos.

I don't think the category size us relevant. I mean, we recently split the CD 32X into it's own category, and that's only like 10 games. It's not about keeping track, it's about making sense of each category if there's a distinct enough difference. We already decided that it was with PSP UMD movies
This.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »
I see both sides of this.  At the end of the day the 32CDX is one system plus two add ons.  The same can be said for the GBA videos since there is no additional hardware needed, its still just one system.  However, I do feel there is an opportunity to add video/movie as a genre for sort ability purposes. 

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 08:31:01 pm »
I'm in agreement about separating it.  But it may be a slippery slope...   LOL

telly

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 10:25:46 am »

Hm, how do you think it would be a slippery slope? IMO, GBA videos are not games, so they shouldn't be in the same category as games. We already are doing this with PSP UMD videos so it seems logical to give GBA videos the same treatment.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 10:41:37 am »

Hm, how do you think it would be a slippery slope? IMO, GBA videos are not games, so they shouldn't be in the same category as games. We already are doing this with PSP UMD videos so it seems logical to give GBA videos the same treatment.

That was mostly a joke.  :D

telly

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 01:58:49 pm »
I must have missed the LOL on the end of that  ;)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 02:37:30 pm »
I must have missed the LOL on the end of that  ;)

No worries mate!   8)