Author Topic: Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)  (Read 29918 times)

desocietas

Re: Secret Santa 2017 (part 3: Buying)
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
Haha, I love you guys. Just try not to be too obvious about when you ship your gift out! Don't want to make it too obvious to the recipient  :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2017, 02:09:16 pm »
When we ship these out, are we supposed to reveal ourselves, or are we supposed to ship them anonymously

desocietas

« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2017, 02:15:02 pm »
When we ship these out, are we supposed to reveal ourselves, or are we supposed to ship them anonymously

Usually what I do:
  • I add a card or a slip of paper with my username and a message inside the gift or outside the wrapped gift.
  • I put all that inside a mailing box.
  • On the return address part of the mailing box, I put my address but put something like "VGC Secret Santa" or something like that instead of my real name/username.
  • I PM Soera to let him know the tracking number and that the item has been shipped so he can let the recipient know that it's on its way.
  • I don't make any mention of sending it out in the forums because then the recipient might make the connection when they get the message from Soera :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »
I'm shipping anonymously

I presume in previous years it wasn't difficult for my SS to figure out who had them, but I enjoy the suspense of it all.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2017, 02:57:48 pm »

I like to put something inside the gift letting them know who it's from. 

One thing though, don't reveal on here who it was.  Then folks will narrow it down.

soera

« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2017, 03:00:19 pm »
Im going to stamp my name and my selfie all over the box of the person Im sending to.

kashell

« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2017, 03:06:08 pm »

I really don't think there's no right or wrong way, but I try to package everything so that they open their gifts first and then they get to a card or something that reveals who the person is.

On the box itself, I'll just put my address because I'm pretty sure USPS won't allow you to ship without some sort of address.

Oh! Also! I found another little somethin'-somethin' to give to my recipient.

soera

« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2017, 03:07:49 pm »
If you guys want (just to make things a bit more secretive) I can do less random updates on shipping and make it like a once a week thing. That way Id end up posting like 5-6 names at a time on who has shipped and what not.

soera

« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2017, 03:10:19 pm »
On the box itself, I'll just put my address because I'm pretty sure USPS won't allow you to ship without some sort of address.

You are right on this. I dont know about a name per se but the counter associates will not take packages without a return address.

telly

« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2017, 03:11:50 pm »
The last two people I had, I've done the podcast with so they knew me already haha
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2017, 03:14:34 pm »
The last two people I had, I've done the podcast with so they knew me already haha

Speaking of...I hope you join us basement dwellers for another night of unwrapping!

I'm talking about unwrapping the presents, folks. Get your minds out of the gutter.

soera

« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »
I want to do that somehow this year.  :o

I guess I need to find some sort of camera.

kashell

« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2017, 03:25:08 pm »

Absolutely! Instead of calling it unwrapping, we can call it funwrapping.

HEY-O!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2017, 03:55:54 pm »

You've got a cell phone.  We can make it work.

desocietas

« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2017, 04:02:49 pm »
If you guys want (just to make things a bit more secretive) I can do less random updates on shipping and make it like a once a week thing. That way Id end up posting like 5-6 names at a time on who has shipped and what not.

That'd be cool! In the past, I've just avoided looking at that update if I could haha
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas