Author Topic: Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)  (Read 34082 times)

davifus

Re: Secret Santa 2017 (part 1: Sign-ups)
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »
Tootsie rolls... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2017, 01:24:59 am »
Think I am going to get smited for this but I think I am over Tootsie Rolls. I dont know how they pertain to SS since this is my first time on this site but I saw the post and realized Im over them.

kashell

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2017, 08:11:03 am »
I was never even under them. They're awful.

telly

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2017, 09:41:52 am »
I was never even under them. They're awful.

They make your games smell delicious though ;)
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2017, 09:57:34 am »
Gods...you weren't there, man. The smells. THE SMELLS!

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2017, 02:46:15 pm »
Count me in.

kashell

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2017, 03:34:14 pm »
I'm starting to add stuff to my Wish List. This is the only time I utilize this feature.

azure

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2017, 11:14:38 pm »
Think I asked this last year? What would you guys prefer, looking through my mass wishlist on VGC or a list tailored to be specific things I'm interested in the most?

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2017, 11:23:55 pm »
Are there any limitations to what one can put on their wishlist and do you have to utilize the wishlist feature on this site?

soera

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2017, 11:53:03 pm »
Wishlists are whatever you want them to be. It does not specifically have to be a VGCollect wishlist, hell it doesnt even technically have to be gaming. We know that everyone here is into gaming obviously but sometimes there is stuff people want outside of our precious consoles.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2017, 01:19:14 am »
I usually make a small wishlist with some of the stuff I want most at the moment, but I also leave my VGCollect wishlist open to give my Santa more options. And unless my giftee is adamant that they only want a few certain things, I usually at least glance at their VGCollect wishlist in case I have something extra to throw in the box. That makes it more fun, imo.

(Also sorry if this has already been brought up, but do we have any rules against leaving notes with our usernames on them for our giftees? I've done this at least once, but now I'm not sure if that would be considered ruining the surprise.)
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

telly

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2017, 07:53:34 am »
I make a select wish list of 20 items, but I also like to tell my SS that they can pick anything from my wishlist as well. Last year I was just given a link to my recipient's wishlist, which is fine, but when you have a lot of items and some of it is well over budget, it takes longer to sift through everything and make a gift that you think they will like.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:32 am »
Last year my wish list was nothing but PS2 games. I'm going to try to get some more variety this year.

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2017, 08:10:39 am »
Think I asked this last year? What would you guys prefer, looking through my mass wishlist on VGC or a list tailored to be specific things I'm interested in the most?
Personally, I prefer to look through a massive wishlist as opposed to a small 20 item wishlist.  20 might actually be fine, but if I'm basically given "Give me this item, Thank you", that sucks.  A) I like the ability to actually choose what I give... and B) with that I might be stuck with buying on eBay because finding 1 exact item might not be easy otherwise.

I'm going to do my usual two part wishlist.  A) VGC Wishlist. Yes, my wishlist is actively used by me, so there are quite a few $50+ games in there, ignore those.  B)My generic statement of, if there is some game or franchise you personally love or think I would like, but I don't own it and it's not in my wishlist, feel free to include that.  If it's good and I don't own it/it's not in my wishlist, I may not really know about it.

No one has ever taken me up on B), but my statement stands, and if I'm sent such a thing, it will definitely appear on my 104 game challenge either this year or next.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:14:26 am by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
That's why I do a little of both. I don't like looking through a massive wishlist but I still point people to it in case they do want to use it.

And I tell people they are welcome to use anything from my wishlist if they want to :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:37:17 am by telly »
Currently Playing: