Author Topic: Anyone going for a complete set?  (Read 8669 times)

Re: Anyone going for a complete set?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2017, 01:27:46 pm »
I am attempting a complete US Sega CD collection. I am thinking about maybe completing the CD-I and 3DO.
Currently Playing: Game & Wario

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 07:15:34 pm »
No and never will.

I like to play video games, so having games I will never play is pointless to me. I'd rather spend my money on games I actually like than spending 200$ on a game i don't care about.

sin2beta

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 06:56:26 pm »
I've been going for complete sets on all SEGA consoles since about 2012. I just completed the 32x set in September with Web of Fire. I haven't been going strongly though for a while. I mainly chose to go for a complete set just because I enjoy the consoles. It also kind of allows me not to load my house down with more consoles. If I wasn't going for a complete set, I would probably own a NES, SNES, etc etc. But knowing I have the complete sets to work on, I'm pretty content with digital for everything else whether steam, emulators, android, etc.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 09:01:09 am »
Maybe Sega Dreamcast.

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »
I wish I had the time and money to complete a set! I think i'm going to be sticking to the games that I remember from my childhood. Has anyone else completed their set? I'd like to see it!

soera

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 07:55:54 am »
I wish I had the time and money to complete a set! I think i'm going to be sticking to the games that I remember from my childhood. Has anyone else completed their set? I'd like to see it!

I have finished Sega Master. I know Turf has a complete NES cart set.

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 02:23:35 pm »

Very nice! Do you or Turf have any links that I can see? I would like to see the quantity of all these carts! I can't imagine what it looks like. Ha! How many were in the Sega Master? I don't recall.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 02:25:09 pm »

Very nice! Do you or Turf have any links that I can see? I would like to see the quantity of all these carts! I can't imagine what it looks like. Ha! How many were in the Sega Master? I don't recall.

I'll try to remember tonight.  I haven't taken any pictures of my collection since I got my new cabinet (I've had it over a year). 

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 06:59:07 pm »

I'll try to remember tonight.  I haven't taken any pictures of my collection since I got my new cabinet (I've had it over a year).

I'll keep an eye out should you post them! I'm excited to see how it all looks!

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 05:09:22 pm »
Nah. I prefer to buy games I like, not just for the sake of it

Besides I tend to lean towards nintendo consoles and the amount of shovelware i would have to buy is horrifying

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 05:38:54 pm »
No I prefer to buy only the games that I will play and have fun.

I'm not that huge collector

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 12:36:30 am »
Obviously I'm going for a complete Wii U set. I already have a complete all variants PAL set and have the US exclisives on top, but what remains are limited editions from both North America and Japan (plus some Japanese games). I also really enjoy getting officially licensed accessories and am closing in on having all the console bundle boxes across the regions, with around 10 to go at last count.

For N64, my goal is to get every racing and 3D platforming game.

For both Wii and GameCube, I have 100+ games, but here I take great pride in the fact that I only buy games that intrigue me and I think I'll enjoy (I refuse to stoop to shovelware, so the more these collections grow I get a lot of satisfaction from).

In the future I'd like to get back into PS1/2 and also buy a Mega Drive again. These last aims are a long way off and perhaps it will be far too expensive to do my nostalgia justice when the time comes.

kevininja

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 02:14:27 pm »
Nah, I only collect games that I'm interested in or want to play.

I don't want to get tons of sports games and shovelware just for the sake of a "complete" set.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2018, 10:20:50 pm »
Its more aspirational than anything, but I would like a complete set of US N64. NES and SNES would be great too, but I don't want to pay the prices on some of those and have thus far stayed away from ebay, N64 is much more doable.

edit: I also have a complete US release Gizmondo set. toot

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2018, 10:58:25 pm »
I am currently going to a complete NA PS1 set and complete PS1 longbox set.  I have about 850ish ps1 games and about 85 longboxes at the moment.  Lot of filler titles but I like hunting local stores and finding them a couple at a time.  For most other systems, I collect what I want to play.  Saturn might be fun to do a complete set for, and maybe Dreamcast, but we'll see if I'm able to finish the ps1 set.  Hopefully by that point, I will have enough room to display them all!