Author Topic: Which gaming stereotype do you hate most? Which are you most like?  (Read 6701 times)

Re: Which gaming stereotype do you hate most? Which are you most like?
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 10:09:24 am »
One type I've noticed is The Elitist. They'll throw around the term "True Gamer" even though such a thing doesn't really exist, will go on about how people who have a preference for casual games or anything else they don't like aren't "real gamers", and will take offense at people who they think don't qualify as gamers labelling themselves as such. Overall they seem to be convinced video games are a very serious lifestyle rather than just a hobby, and treat it like it's some sort of super secret club you have to earn entry to.

Ugh. I dislike that attitude too.
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2017, 10:46:57 am »
It’s amusing how many of these stereotypes fit other hobbies as well.
I’m mainly a Transformers collector, and TF collecting boards have some of these same kinds of people, like the Elitists who say if you’re only a fan of the recent Michael Bay movies you’re not a “true fan” lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2017, 11:57:42 am »
I can't stand Nostalgists (Genesis-era Sonic fans, who disregard anything after Sonic 3K. are a good example) or Company-Fanboys

That's a fact. Genesis era Sonic is the best Sonic.

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »
I can't stand Nostalgists (Genesis-era Sonic fans, who disregard anything after Sonic 3K. are a good example) or Company-Fanboys

That's more of an opinion I'd say

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 04:32:22 pm »

Genesis era Mario is the best Sonic

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2017, 04:51:51 pm »

:P

Warmsignal

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2017, 05:21:22 pm »
If we're handing out unpopular opinions, Sonic 2 & 3 >>>>>>> Super Mario World. Just the way it is.

I agree about the nostalgists though, modern Sonic games are mostly good. Sonic bashing has just become some kind of Internet shtick among the moaner types.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:26:29 pm by Warmsignal »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2017, 06:10:00 pm »
I did like most of the handheld Sonics, but then those are done more in the Genesis style. And I did like Generations and Mania, which again, have that Genesis style.

But I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of the 3D Sonics. Not even Sonic Adventure.

But that's not to say I'm against modern gaming. I do own a XBox One, 3DS, and Wii U.

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2017, 07:49:28 pm »
Eh, I personally don't think the genesis Sonic games are all that great because the concept of a super fast platformer is pretty nonsensical. More often than not you'll be punished for trying to exploit the game's main selling point

thefr0zenanus

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2017, 07:17:06 am »
Guys, i don't want to drag this out into a Sonic fanbase internet argument, all i said i dislike hyper-defensive Classic Sonic fans. and i want to leave it at that. i wasn't trying to say anything negative towards the Classic games themselves. (their my favorite games besides the Adventure games btw)

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2017, 08:29:34 am »
I only liked Sonic back when I had never played a Mario game.  I haven't enjoyed a single Sonic game after playing Super Mario World.

shfan

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 08:29:47 am »
I believe stereotypes haven't helped gamers in any way and the best way to counter that is not to fling them around or rush to be part of any particular 'club'. Games good. Cliques knob.