Author Topic: Who's the idiot running the edits submissions?  (Read 2314 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

Who's the idiot running the edits submissions?
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:44:08 pm »

It's bad when moderators can't make the difference between a regular and collector's edition of a game... And to further prove that this edit rejection was wrong, here's a screenshot of the SAME EXACT GAME from the SAME EXACT COUNTRY (South Korea) but for PC:

So what? Because it's on PS2 suddenly it's not a collector's edition???

Please fix this and maybe reconsider your moderating team? (and by "reconsider", I mean teach them how to read game boxes or fire them if necessary). Thank you :)
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

Re: Who's the idiot running the edits submissions?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:49:02 pm »
You put [KR] in the Title?

That is wrong.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 12:51:11 pm »

That is wrong.

[KR] Significates that the game is the korean version. But the real problem is that they declined the "Collector's Edition" part.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 12:52:51 pm »

That is wrong.

[KR] Significates that the game is the korean version. But the real problem is that they declined the "Collector's Edition" part.
No.  The fact that it is categorized under PS2 [KR] significates [sic] that it is the korean version.

They didn't decline the "Collector's Edition" part.  The declined the whole thing.  Because you put in "[KR]".

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 01:00:59 pm »
Fine, I'll go make another edit request but without the [KR] part. Still, I don't understand why some items on this website have their country code in brackets but nobody rejected those edits, and when I do the same, it gets rejected.

telly

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 01:13:35 pm »
I get edits rejected all the time. Just post about it in listing errors, it's really not that big of a deal. The mods are really good at clarifying things even when at first glance it may not seem like they care. They do.

I suspect the title got rejected because of the [KR] in the title. Which as ignition said, is wrong.

EDIT: And to clarify. Country TLD get added to the name of a game when it's in a large category that has more than one country in it. EU has many TLD in it because those games are released in many and multiple countries at the same time within that region.

There is a method to the madness ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:17:21 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 01:18:35 pm »
Well look at this BS

Even when I removed the [KR] it STILL got rejected. WTF?

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 01:19:13 pm »
I already submitted the edit and it has been approved.

Well look at this BS

Even when I removed the [KR] it STILL got rejected. WTF?
As noted, it has already been edited.

telly

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 01:20:43 pm »
Yeah the title looks okay now. Someone beat you to the submission I guess  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 01:22:53 pm »
Oh right, I can see it now. It still displayed the old name when I submitted the edit. But now it's fine.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 01:34:24 pm »
Please fix this and maybe reconsider your moderating team? (and by "reconsider", I mean teach them how to read game boxes or fire them if necessary). Thank you :)

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 01:42:15 pm »
leonefamily, welcome to the site!

There are several of us who work on the edits page, but as others have mentioned, there is a handy thread where we can discuss and explain editing choices (both from the admin and user side): https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8002.0.html

We admit that the way rejections are sent back are not the most clear (we hope one day we'll get a free text field where we can say exactly what the issue is), but at the current time we're limited to just a few options to send back.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 02:26:30 pm »
@desocietas I'm not new on this website, this is my 14th post after all. Well ok 14 isn't that much, let's say I'm RELATIVELY new. But sure, there should be a text field with rejections to make it more clear. But thanks for the greetings anyway :)

@Nickkchilla lol

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 03:29:21 pm »
@desocietas I'm not new on this website, this is my 14th post after all. Well ok 14 isn't that much, let's say I'm RELATIVELY new. But sure, there should be a text field with rejections to make it more clear. But thanks for the greetings anyway :)

Ha, you're right - I always assume that people are new when they don't have a million posts to their name, but I forget that folks lurk and use the actual collection part of the site rather than the forums. My bad!  :-[
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 07:33:46 pm »
I've gotten over 5000 edits on the site in the past. Usually if i had rejects and didn't know why I'd pm Tripedacus or badATchaos and they'd tell me why or fix the issues.
Sometimes even it's easier to create a new, more complete entry of the title and then post about it in the dupes thread too, I've done this a time or two.
Also, the mods on this site are users just like you and me. They occasionally make mistakes and they do this because they love the hobby. Just food for thought. This site isn't a commercially run corporation, it's run by collectors and for collectors, that's why I love it so much.
 8) Just chill out. Everything will be all right.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."