Author Topic: non-violent fun kid games for the 3ds  (Read 1468 times)

rayne315

non-violent fun kid games for the 3ds
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:22:57 am »
Hello All!

I have a Nephew that is turning 7 real soon and his parents are getting him a 3ds. Im trying to come up with a game or 2 that is actually good and age appropriate to around his age. 10+ is acceptable so long as there is no violence. unfortunately most of the easy to know stuff (Mario titles, pokemon, Lego, ECT) are already gotten for him and everything I can think of that I know he will love have violence in them (rule set by his parents not his age). as far as genera of games he likes I haven't the slightest idea. I know he plays roblox/minecraft a lot (this will be his first gaming console) but those are the only games I know of that he has access to play.

Any help would be great!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Re: non-violent fun kid games for the 3ds
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:40:28 am »
Did anyone get him New Yoshi's Island, Luigi's Mansion New Moon or The 2 Kirby games?  I assume those would fall into the well known stuff he already has but those are amazing and must haves for the console imo. They are also very child friendly :)

Yo Kai Watch is really fun, it's similar to pokemon and my nephew loves it alot. It's got fun and vibrant cat like characters. :D

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:36:31 am »
Hello All!

I have a Nephew that is turning 7 real soon and his parents are getting him a 3ds. Im trying to come up with a game or 2 that is actually good and age appropriate to around his age. 10+ is acceptable so long as there is no violence. unfortunately most of the easy to know stuff (Mario titles, pokemon, Lego, ECT) are already gotten for him and everything I can think of that I know he will love have violence in them (rule set by his parents not his age). as far as genera of games he likes I haven't the slightest idea. I know he plays roblox/minecraft a lot (this will be his first gaming console) but those are the only games I know of that he has access to play.

Any help would be great!

Hm, can't guarantee they'll all be to his liking:

Animal Crossing
Chibi-Robo!
Harvest Moon
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World
Yo-kai Watch (the enhanced version of the sequel just came out)

eShop
Pushmo
Crashmo

And don't forget that the 3DS can play DS games!
Cooking Mama games
Kirby games
Nintendogs
Pokemon Ranger is pretty simple
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 12:21:13 pm »
Since he can play DS games, that opens up a lot of options, too. A few folks have mentioned Kirby, so I would definitely recommend those!

...actually, hold that thought. I recommend all of the Kirby games except for Canvas Curse. That game is BRUTAL.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 05:59:21 pm »
If you like to download titles from the eshop, I'd recommend Pushmo. Very cute and fun to.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 12:24:03 am »
Looking at my collection, here are a few I can suggest.

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Fossil Fighters (Though the Dinosaurs do fight)
Any of the Scribblenauts games
The Skylanders 3DS games (There is a 3DS portal needed)
Drawn to Life Collection
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 01:12:40 am »
Both 3Ds Kirby games. The DS titles are pretty solid too
Super Mario 3D land if he hasn't gotten that already
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Yoshi's Wooly World
Donkey Kong Country 3D

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 02:15:25 am »
The BoxBoy series is a really nice game series if your nephew is into puzzle-action. :)
There are three games in the series of reasonable length, which while not too difficult also have a challenge in completing the levels within a limited number of moves and obtaining crowns for completionists, so I feel it's a great game for people of varying playstyles.

If your nephew hasn't played the original Sonic games they are available for sale 3D Sonic The Hedgehog and 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 with added 3D and special features like restore points a Super Sonic mode where he is already unlocked. I feel it's really fun. ^^

Some other interesting games include Starship Patrol (mild violence but only spaceships shooting) and HarmoKnight which is a rhythm-action game by Game Freak the creators of Pokémon.
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:38:13 pm »
There is Minecraft now, but that is "New" Nintendo 3DS only. Just saying...

To contribute something different, there are a number of Sonic games for 3DS also. Let's face it, we all played sonic as kids! Sonic Rush (DS), and Generations (3DS) are pretty well loved by handheld sonic players. There is also Sonic Allstar Racing that gets some love around the web. I think there was even 2D Sonic Colors game for DS that was based on Sonic Rush that was pretty good.

kevininja

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 05:01:20 pm »
Freakyforms Deluxe is pretty great!

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:00:22 am »
Kirby was probably mentioned, but I definately would recommend the Kirby games. Even the ones on the e-shop. I have a little niece who is six that I introduced to Kirby, and she can't get enough of it. First games she ever played.