Author Topic: Making extra money for games purchases,  (Read 4295 times)

Re: Making extra money for games purchases,
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 07:42:13 pm »
Don't eat.

But seriously though. One way I save money is remain sober. Alcoholic can be expensive. ;D That's not the only reason why I don't drink, but its definitely a plus.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:01:44 pm by badATchaos »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 12:57:23 pm »
Don't have a kid, lol. They drain your account.

But honestly, I've been doing it by selling off parts of my collection that I don't want or need anymore.

Back in the day, I'd hold on to ANY comics, games, or movies I got in my collection. Because pre-internet, it was a lot harder to come by things and I'd take what I can get.

But nowadays, there's the internet. So I can be a lot more picky about what I add to the collection. In the meantime, I can trim the fat off of that old stuff that I picked up that may not be the greatest.

spac316

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 04:49:47 pm »
Helping out my friends and family give me a little pocket money.

maximo310

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 02:16:40 am »
I used to use E-Rewards, and then got banned out of the blue one day after a number of surveys, so i recently switched to Swagbucks, and make some extra money on the side since it allows a number of gift card purchases from various companies.

tpugmire

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 07:51:03 am »
I do the bing rewards thing too. I also make and sell CD-I controller adapters.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 10:17:28 am »
free giftcards through various channels

Come again? What? How?

Want a Bing Rewards referral? I get points for that! ;)

I don't know what that is but if it gets me free stuff please do!

It seems I can't earn referral points right now *grumble*- but setting up is easy. Just login to your Microsoft account, then go to account.microsoft.com/rewards, it should let you sign up.

After that, just use bing instead of google. You can do other things, like quizzes and such, to earn extra points. If you max out your daily rewards, you can get about $5 a month- which sounds terrible, but it's like 3-5 minutes a day tops.

rayne315

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 02:39:13 pm »
Cut off a digit... lol if you have Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance (usually given by your work) you can claim anything that cuts through your bone. my cousin does Woodworking for a hobby and ended up accidentally band-sawing off a quarter inch of his middle finger and got a lot of money for it, 1.5X his yearly Income.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 12:29:55 am »
Dirty scalpers, the lot of you.

Actually waaay back in the early days, I used to buy duplicates with the intention to trade them. That never happens. Who actually knows people that want to trade games? Not me. So I'm still sitting on that stuff to this day, just riding the value train to the pot of gold some day when a single N64 console is worth a grand, and probably won't be long given how collector's be - and they be crazy.

I just do that good old fashion fork over thing, or just throw my wallet at them and beg for mercy. If gets to be too expensive, I scratch it from the list. I go for things I think might not remain cheap as a priority over the more expensive, and I stay on top of what's coming out that's worth scooping up right away. I would say I'm still relatively thrifty even in this ridiculously overblown era we're in.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 11:00:57 am »
Dirty scalpers, the lot of you.

Actually waaay back in the early days, I used to buy duplicates with the intention to trade them. That never happens. Who actually knows people that want to trade games? Not me. So I'm still sitting on that stuff to this day, just riding the value train to the pot of gold some day when a single N64 console is worth a grand, and probably won't be long given how collector's be - and they be crazy.

I just do that good old fashion fork over thing, or just throw my wallet at them and beg for mercy. If gets to be too expensive, I scratch it from the list. I go for things I think might not remain cheap as a priority over the more expensive, and I stay on top of what's coming out that's worth scooping up right away. I would say I'm still relatively thrifty even in this ridiculously overblown era we're in.

There's a little site called GameTZ that's just for game trading. Been using it for years. No fees or subscription needed. Solid feedback and transaction system.

I'm always up for trading, too. But I don't have a whole lot left of tradable stuff anymore. Same username on that site as here, BurningDoom, if you wanted to see the tiny bit I do have left.

Warmsignal

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
The problem is, now the games I'm interested in are not common titles and most people don't have them, or if they did, I'm not sure they'd trade them. Because all I have duplicates of are common titles that only a newbie wouldn't have.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 08:38:28 pm »
I work alot of overtime my job requires it eventhough i don't need or want it. Usually 4 or 5 hours a day so I reward myself and spend the extra on what I love.

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 09:33:40 am »
I'd be interested in the Flea's response to this.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 12:54:58 pm »

He probably harvests organs.

doafan

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 01:35:14 pm »
Started to sell my duplicate titles at Mercado Libre and honestly got a good ammount for them so decided to sell those physical games where I own the digital version and it worked pretty good, now am selling those titles that never played and that only had at my collection because a friend told me that I need to have it and guess what, yeah they are selling too also am selling comics and damn it the people is paying good ammounts of money for them, honestly I don't have space to keep them and since already own the digital versions which were free and can be stored in an USB don't have any problem with this, got a New Nintendo 3DS and six games with this process also managed to have some money saved at my bank account which of course am gonna use to purchase more titles but will have to wait the right moment to get them at the best possible price  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 12:48:23 am »

He probably harvests organs.

I always assumed he was secretly El Chapo or Bill Gates.