Author Topic: More obscure Switch game recommendations?  (Read 847 times)

More obscure Switch game recommendations?
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:22:31 pm »
I just got my Switch about two weeks ago now and am looking for any recommendations from people who have had theirs for a while and have picked up some of the lesser known titles either physically or digitally. I'm aware of pretty much all of the major titles on the system since there are so few, so if anyone has gotten any of the "dime-a-dozen" titled anime games digitally, or any other neat games that might not get much coverage or discussion, I'd love to hear about them. I'd say I'm mostly interested in RPGs genre wise but I've found with Picross the Switch has turned into an amazing puzzle console for me, until I finish that at least.

Re: More obscure Switch game recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:08:25 pm »
NBA Playground is a blast, it's a cheap digital only game for switch.  It takes from NBA Jam and NBA street games and blends them with modern rosters and online competitive play.  It's pretty awesome :)

Not really obscure but Mario + Rabbids is painfully underated imo.  Might be the 3rd best game on the console behind the two obvious masterpieces.  :D

Fast RMX is also another digital only indie style F-Zero style space ship racer.  It's very fast paced arcade racing through pretty epic looking tracks. 

azure

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:25:08 pm »
Sine Mora EX is a fantastic shooter, with a solid story. Don't see too many people talking about it, so might fit what your're looking for.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:53:20 pm »
Tiny Barbarian DX. Reminds me of Shovel Knight. Has kick-ass soundtrack.
It got a pretty sweet physical release with a manual and key chain.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 08:23:17 am »
Snipperclips.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 07:02:37 pm »
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas - link to the past style game
Kamiko - not sure how to describe this one kinda NES Zelda-ish
GUNBARICH - Breakout with pinball flippers
Implosion - Hack'n'slash
Project Octopath Traveler - technically a Demo but you said you like RPG's and this is by the studio that made Bravely default

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 03:17:28 am »
Sine Mora EX is a fantastic shooter, with a solid story. Don't see too many people talking about it, so might fit what your're looking for.
Probably because the game mechanics and feel of the ship movement, which were lacking the original release, didn't really get fixed for this definitive release, along with a number of other issues. Playing one of the stg's on the ACA Neo Geo Archives would be a far better option imo.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:21:05 am by maximo310 »