Author Topic: Our Gaming Forum Avatars And Why We Chosen them  (Read 4708 times)

Our Gaming Forum Avatars And Why We Chosen them
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:09 pm »
My avatar is the earth as many might know. I chose it because I thought it was cool. To get the photo I simply put my PS3'S music on and pressed the square button 2 times. and took a photo You can too. it comes in handy putting something on the screen while listening to ripped cd tracks on your PlayStation 3's harddrive.

I chosen it rather then my crucifix because retro collect banned me for displaying an upright cross as an avatar. and I got perm banned for latter for putting an angel as my avatar. And I don't want to get banned here so I came up with the earth.

What Happen On a Different Forum for posting my preferred avatar
While I had the upright cross as an avatar. An ever so loved member complained to management I think. and then send me a pm for his dislike in everything I did on the forum while everyone else was fine with my posts and such. I told him to calm down and I am sorry I offended him than he bloats me again saying He wanted another apology for telling him to calm down. I am not going to say his name because some of the retro collect members are on VGcollect. chances are if you are on retro collect you may not know that is what happened to me.

If I posted a demon instead of an angel I might still be posting on that site
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:24:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

Re: Our Gaming Forum Avatars And Why We Chosen them
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:24:00 pm »
 :o Retro Collect sounds like lame-sauce. What a world we live in.

My avatar is from Paper Mario. I mean, who doesn't like to go on message boards and complain about games they've never played?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:30:28 pm »
Mine is just a picture of me, playing with a yoyo, in Paris

ferraroso

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:19 pm »
The Sega Saturn is awesome. Segata Sanshiro is awesome. So, my avatar is simply Segata Sanshiro holding a Sega Saturn, which is double awesome!

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 07:34:59 pm »
That's really unfortunate about what happened on that other forum... Our general rule here is to make sure that everything is safe for work. Thankfully, there have been very few forum members who have caused any issues with their avatars.

Mine is my character on FFXIV. I should probably change it, but since I've been playing it nearly every day for the last year, I figured it was worth an avatar spot.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:46 pm »
My avatar is the character Spooky from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. I'm bad for changing my avatar often, so I tried to find one to stick with. I chose it simply because he is one of my favorite characters, from one of my favorite games.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 07:55:20 pm »
Joel from The Last of Us cause he hot

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:00:36 pm »
Mine is the White-Haired Girl from The House in Fata Morgana. I've not long finished it and I loved it to pieces and it deserves to be loved to pieces by more people so I'm repping it wherever I can. Go get it. It's on Steam. It's amazing. Do it.

Before this it was a silhouette from the Persona 3 opening because Persona 3 is bae.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:07:08 pm by LeJason »

thewelshman

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 08:09:11 pm »
Mine is Lithia from Tales of Hearts R. I got the game the day before my wedding and took it with me on my honeymoon. I uploaded it whenever I joined the forum and never really thought to change it.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:16:33 pm »

For a long time I used this avatar and I still do on some sites. When I first bought my Famicom I took a series of photos of it. A few years later I traced it in Adobe Illustrator and colored it in. The dark blue/purple background was chosen to kind of match some of the Famicom's original TV ads which used a similar color gradient background.

I recently switched to this illustration of Link. The Zelda series isn't necessarily my favorite Nintendo franchise, but I've always adored the early Zelda art the most. I find it better than other contemporary Nintendo art. Mario and Metroid promotional material took a few years to mature into consistent styles.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:20:57 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:43 pm »
Mine is a really bad photoshop effort of a random logo I found online to fit the name I typically use.

anagar

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 09:46:35 pm »
I like Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly is my fav.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

soera

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 10:02:45 pm »
Mine is to honor a member here that passed on.

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 10:20:25 pm »
My avatar is Balok's puppet from the second episode of Star Trek "The Corbomite Maneuver"
chose it cause i love Trek and it's an iconic image from the original series.

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »
Mine is just a rad little Mordekaiser from League of Legends rocking out, because he's awesome and in a band.  I love metal and he is metal, so I love him.  I do not play LoL, but I enjoy some of their characters.