Author Topic: A Year in Review - 2017  (Read 2338 times)

Re: A Year in Review - 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 07:05:10 pm »
I will probably make my list later this month, possibly in January! It doesn't help that I've played no games released in 2017 this year D:

If you played more than 20 games this year than you are better than me I can tell you that.

azure

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »
Favorite 2017 Release: Yakuza 0/ NieR Automata, I can't pick between the two. There is literally no way, so I pick both.

Least Favorite 2017 Release: I liked all the 2017 releases I played this year. I'll give this spot to Fire Emblem Warriors, since I do believe the game could have done a lot of things better than it did. Mainly the roster of playable characters and DLC.

Favorite Game Played in 2017: Have to give this one to Evergrace. I fell in love with this game from the get go, and now it's one of my favorites. Still listen to the OST at least once a week, since I played it.

Least Favorite Game Played in 2017: Nights of Azure. That game was absolutely mediocre, and quite boring. Skipped through almost the entire story, it nearly put me to sleep.

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2017: Finally decided to give Fire Emblem Fates a go, even after all the issues surrounding its localization. Found a killer deal on the Special edition, which also happen to complete my FE collection. Own every official NA release now.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »
Favorite 2017 Release: Yakuza 0/ NieR Automata
Both of these are on my short list right now.  Hoping I can finish both of these by the end of the year.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 11:11:00 am »
Favorite 2017 Release: What's your favorite game that you played this year that was released in 2017?

Mario odyssey wich I haven;t played yet but I'll get a switch in the beginning of next year.

Probably   :P

Least Favorite 2017 Release: On the opposite end, what's your least favorite game released in 2017?

I'm not really into new games  ::)

Favorite Game Played in 2017: All of us enjoy games from yesteryear. What game this year earns your spot for best game ever? It could be released in 2017 if you like.

Nothing to mention to many great games

Least Favorite Game Played in 2017: What's your least favorite game that you played this year?

Humans on Gameboy seemed interesting pretty trash not that I'm to fond of gameboy games in the first place.

Sleeper Hit of 2017: What's your personal sleeper hit for 2017?

the wild west Ds by majesco

quite a gem on the DS a mix between wild guns and gun smoke kind game.

It was very cheap with some old store stock not to mention pretty unknown to me so i didn't expect to much however it was pretty pricy online for a ds title and not easy to get in europe so i picked it up and I was quite suprised wich doesn't happen allot.

I'd rather play console games but I have to say pretty excellent game. The soundtrack of this game is also quite excellent.

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2017: What moment in a game you played this sticks in your head the strongest? Was it something awesome? Something tragic? Something completely over the top? Keep spoilers to a minimum or mark them if you can.

Finally playing raiden II again a near arcade perfect port kinda nostalgic to me since i did play it in the arcades as a little kid.

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2017

I have had many cool finds this year, the best kinda stories are if people throw extra's in or bring have something else wich is pretty rare sought after for bargain prices since they just found it. Or people who contact you wanting to get rid of the collection fast not to mention not listed on the black market for any other interesting buyers wich means very solid low prices and high quality stuff in larger quantities It's christmas almost every week to many great moments to mention.

As far as accomplishments this year go

Overall I surpassed the 100 mark with sega megadrive games and beefed up many collection quite allot also crossed of many good games including some sought after ones for the collection.

CIB Dreamcast and snes in paticular have increased relatively allot I'm pretty pleased with especially those results since they are pretty sought after and dreamcast supply is pretty limited. Snes is pretty over rated though I'd rather stick with other consoles gameplay wise  :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:49:42 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kevininja

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 05:22:59 am »
Favorite 2017 Release: Life is Strange: Before The Storm

Least Favorite 2017 Release: Taiku Mansion

Favorite Game(s) Played in 2017: A tie between Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Metro Last Light Redux.

Least Favorite Game Played in 2017: Deadlight, what a disappointing game. I really liked the artstyle, but the platforming was clunky and unresponsive and the voice acting was piss poor.

Sleeper Hit of 2017: Gravity Rush 2

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2017: Me and a few other people organized a Gaming event in Eindhoven called GuildGames! It was a lot of hard work, but it was worth it.

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2017: Finally got Nier on PS3 for a reasonable price because of a reprint ( I have yet to play it though).

takai

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 11:27:15 pm »
Favorite 2017 Release: Persona 5. I've been looking forward to that for so long. I beat Persona 4 about a year and a half before its release, and I adored it. So I was so stoked to get my hands on the next one.

Least Favorite 2017 Release: Don't think I really have one.

Favorite Game Played in 2017: Split between Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild. Both were so excellent.

Least Favorite Game Played in 2017: Probably Fate GO. I was expecting so much more given the hype around it. But the gameplay was boring and all of my summons were awful. The game advertises all these gorgeous and well endowed women, but instead I mostly got ugly men with mediocre looking art. Overall a big disappointment.

Sleeper Hit of 2017: Gravity Rush 2. Incredibly fun game, gorgeous to look at, phenomenal soundtrack, fascinating and well built worlds, plenty to do and see, accompanied by great story telling and a lovable cast of characters.

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2017:

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2017: I actually beat a Zelda game for the first time, Breath of the Wild to be precise. So glad I was able to do that. BOTW blew me away completely. It gave me this sense of wonder and adventure that I hadn't felt in a game in years. The sheer freedom I got felt wonderful, while at the same time allowing me to progress the main story whenever I wished. I struck the perfect balance between the two.

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 02:06:21 pm »
Favorite 2017 Release: Mass Effect Andromeda, while I haven't finished it yet i'm almost 50 hours in and I absolutely adore this game! Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 came in close too, best fighting games of the year!

Least Favorite 2017 Release: None, haven't played any games from 2017 that I didn't like.

Favorite Game Played in 2017: Mass Effect 3. This game is perfection. But I have played many games that I adored this year so it's rare to choose one tbh.

Least Favorite Game Played in 2017: Handball 2016, just look at a video of the game and you'll understand why.

Sleeper Hit of 2017: Mass Effect Andromeda. A lot of people talked shit about the game but haven't even tried to like it, they just trash talked it without even playing it.

Best Hidden Gem Played : Oxenfree. An amazing indie game that really touched my soul tbh. Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams gets a HM because I didn't expect it to be that good!

Best Looking Game Played : Watch Dogs 1 and 2 both blew my mind!

Best Story : The Walking Dead Telltale season 1 to 3 were amazing, and once again Oxenfree.

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2017: Getting and Xbox One, a PS4, a Wii U and a Switch, and just overall getting serious about gaming.

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2017: Same as above!