Author Topic: PS1 VS PS2 VS PS3 VS PS4 rank them  (Read 4934 times)

PS1 VS PS2 VS PS3 VS PS4 rank them
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:23:45 pm »
PS1 you can play cds and PS1 games

to me these both PS2 and PS3 are my most important consoles in my collection and take the most beating. With the PlayStation 2 you can play DVD's, CD's, PlayStation 1 games, and of course every single PlayStation 2 video game.

with the PlayStation 3 all PS3's can play PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 3 games also Blueray and CD's also it can rip CD's much faster then the Xbox 360. and you can listen to all you music collection in once huge playlist with shuffling the all songs on the harddirve feature. also you can watch Youtube IGN amazon instant video, browse the internet, and record videos, and watch other many tv channels
 like Netflix and also access SONY store as far as of 12-5-2017. and in older but less reliable PlayStation 3's you can play PS2 games

and all PS3's never need any kind of a memory card of any kind. And the harddrive is vary easy to upgrade on the PlayStation 3's

I don't own a PlayStation 4 currently, but I heard you can watch bluray and play PS4 games offline or Online. Access the Sony store as of 12-5-2017 for Downloadable content and but not sure watch various  tv channels like the PS3 I think

but the PS3 older models from what I hear are supurb to the PS4 in my opinion

PS3#1
PS2#2
PS4#3
PS1#4
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:31:41 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: PS1 VS PS2 VS PS3 VS PS4 rank them
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:15 pm »
PS2
PS1
PS4
PS3

azure

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:33:18 pm »
  • PS2
  • PS1
  • PS4
  • PS3

pizzasafari

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:09 pm »
I think it's still a bit early to judge the PS4, I doubt we're even halfway through its lifecycle yet. But in their current state I'd say:

PS2
PS1
PS4
PS3

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:41:09 pm »
the reason why I ranked the PS3 so high is mostly for it's recording music ability :) and the fact that it the super slim seems vary relyable
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 10:38:53 pm »
From best to least, PS2, PS1, PS4, PS3.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 10:45:40 pm »
1. PS4
2. PS3
3. PS2
4. PS1

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 11:20:13 pm »
I prefer to judge them based on the games rather than the specs. While the PS3 was an impressive machine, it was expensive (especially the fully backwards compatible model). The problem for me was the lack of interesting exclusives and tendency for multi-plats to run better elsewhere, and now a lot of key PS3 games have been re-released for PS4.

So purely in terms of the gaming content -

1 - PS2
2 - PS1
3 - PS4
4 - PS3

Of course technically speaking, each console is more advanced than the previous.

hexen

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 11:35:16 pm »
They are in descending order of both release and quality. Sony is in a downward spiral.

PS1 & PS2 are titans with both technology and library, I ranked them my 2nd and 3rd favorite consoles on a thread here. PS3 introduced one of my favorite series of all time (LittleBigPlanet) and all 3 games are playable on it, but otherwise... not much. There are some ok things, but otherwise pretty shallow to comparable systems of the time. PS4 is like the PS3 but in an age where it's similarity and inferiority to PCs make it worse. It also has very few games, and not even a unique LBP. Take the BloodBourne meme challenge - how many times can you play BloodBourne to make it worth buying a PS4?
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

empovyle

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 12:04:06 am »
PS3 > PS1 > PS4 > PS2

PS3 has a library which I'm still investing a lot of time in, especially because of trophy support, and one day I plan to move onto PS4 as well but I'm not quite there yet. I haven't particularly found many PS2 games that I enjoy yet, so that's why it's at the bottom. But aside from my personal preferences and backwards compatibility aspects, I'd probably rank them PS2 > PS3 > PS1 > PS4.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:46 am »
Wow, This is so tough to choose between especially PS3 and PS2 but nostalgia more or less settles this list for me. :)

#1  PlayStation 2 - Playstation 2 combines innovation, childhood memories and one of the most dominant and loaded libraries in gaming history.  It is one of the most perfectly rounded and essential video game consoles ever and not only launched so many of the greatest franchises in video game history (God of War, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, Shadow of the Collossus, Jak and Daxter) to name a very short few it also dominated in pure 3rd party depth.   It's not only the best playstation console ever, it may be the best console ever imo.   Dualshock 2 was also never beaten and Sony took multiple steps back with the controller.  PS2 is the console I grew up through almost my enitre life with. 

#2 Playstation 3 -   Yet another amazing huge library.  It's as close to the PS2 as we can get.  It's truly an amazing console and right up there with PS2s legacy.   All the franchises seen amazing games in this generation and it was a pivitol moment in Sony's Legacy.

#3   PlayStation Portable -    Not on the list but is a essential and amazing handheld. 

#4   Playstation 1-    The one that sparked it all.  With amazing unforgettable classics like Parappa, Tomba, Crash, Spyro and endless others.  It's 3rd party support was phenomenal and it truly spanked its competition.

#5-  Playstation 4-  To be honest sony has dropped the ball multiple times with the PS4 but it's still an incredible system still.  I just wish some of the major franchises would have had been made more and it seems this library doesn't hold up to the previous 3 units.   Their are a few amazing exclusives but not PS3 caliber library wise :)

#6  PS Vita-    The biggest blunder in Sony history.  A complete failure that doesn't get the heat it deserves.  It's very one dimensional in it's library and i'd put it at the bottom of my list.  :D

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 01:36:32 am »
Easy

1 - PS1
2 - PS2
3 - PS4
4 - PS3

bet you didn't see that coming
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

stealthrush

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 01:44:59 am »
1 - PS1
2 - PS2
3 - PS3
4 - PS4

My personal favorite would be the original Sony PlayStaion console. I have such great memories growing up playing it along side of my Sega Saturn. So many innovative games lurked around the corner; a real exciting system all around.

kashell

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:47 am »