Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2017 Loot Thread!  (Read 6229 times)

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2017 Loot Thread!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 01:32:10 am »
Opened up my gifts as promised. My wishlist wasnt very extensive since I didnt know what I wanted. That said, my SS managed to get my top want which was the English translation of Bare Knuckle III which is essentially a homebrew cart and Im blown away at the fact that this was chosen. Much appreciated. The other thing from my want was Halo which also I appreciate since I just got an Xbox One not too long ago. From there, they decide to go outside and into some surprising gets that were not on my list. One of them being a Funko Pop from Diablo III which is cool since I got into collecting them or atleast the ones I really like over the summer and its gonna look badass with what I have so far. They also sent me what they thought was a code for Playstation All Stars but upon further inspection, this is the online pass for it, not the game. I do have the game already due to PS+ but since I never listed it into my collection, I wouldnt have expected them to know that but obviously a thoughtful gesture considering what they have brought. Finally as you can see some Super Smash Bros. posters which look nice and by boy Link is in one of them so I was stoked. I had to put stuff on top of them just to show what they were. Overall, I really appreciate what my SS has brought me with a combo of stuff I wanted and stuff that was not on my list which made it that much more surprising so thank you. I will say I knew who it was when I saw where it came from just cuz I had a recent transaction with them so yeah. Hope to be part of this next year, this was great.

FUCK PHOTOBUCKET

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:50:46 pm by droaa »

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 08:23:12 am »
Photobucket doesn't allow 3rd party sharing or whatever.  You should try somewhere else like Imgur or something.

Also... ignore the quoted text in my previous post on the last page. kthxbai.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:35:16 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 08:26:15 am »
I did see what you got for a hot second, but now it's gone.  :'(

But yeah. Use Imgur like ignition said.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 08:53:31 am »
Finally took a pic of my Secret Santa stuff.

And the unboxing video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RU2gbUSJw
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:39:36 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 08:54:59 am »
What are you gonna use that gift card on? :3
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 08:59:13 am »
What are you gonna use that gift card on? :3
Probably Gorogoa.  I've heard really good things and my wife really liked it when she played it at PAX last year.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2017, 11:13:07 am »
So, who all hasn't opened their gift yet?  We need to hound them, except Deso. She's got an iron will and we'd just be an annoyance.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2017, 02:12:51 am »

My Secret Santa did an incredible job as well.  The Legend of Heroes PSP game was one of the top games I wanted and same with Silver.  New Super Mario Bros and Wii Sports Resort were great surprises as well, just need to track down a wii motion plus.  And even got some cool ps2 games, excited to check out Crash Nitro Kart and see if it measures up to Crash Team Racing.  Also got some sealed demo discs! Very cool!  And as an added bonus, my secret santa added some candy including Mario and DK Pez dispensers and some extra trinkets- love the Soul Calibur III pencil and the THUG2 stickers.  Even the wrapping paper was game themed.  Can't wait to participate again next year! 

indenton

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2017, 09:17:54 pm »
Man ohh MAN this sneaked up on me, alright!

So of all things, I'm sick over Christmas.  My Secret Santa however certainly cheered me up significantly!!
I partially forgot what I included on my list so this was a pleasant surprise

Me and my Dad were baffled by your "Terrible wrapping", quite the contrary those were most neatly wrapped presents under our tree.  Thank you very much and I will be getting back to YouTube once work cools off a bit which should be fairly soon
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:22:12 am by indenton »

karyann

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »
I love seeing what you guys received, keep the pictures coming  ;D

Great presents so far!

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2017, 07:05:14 pm »
This is what I received from my secret santa. He did absolutely amazing job with everything he got me, especially the two Atlus games.  Im so glad I have this week off to get a jump start on these. I can't wait to do it again next year.

Flashback2012

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2017, 07:55:54 pm »
No picture because the camera on my phone and my computer do not play nice with one another for some reason. If I can get it to work, I'll update this post.

I don't have any idea who my SS was but they did really good. I received multiple packages with different names on them so I assume they took to eBay to find the items I wanted and had the seller ship to me instead of them.

I received 3 items in total and I'm really happy with what I got. The first item actually showed up last but it's a game I've been on the hunt for. It's the PSP game Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light. I had a chance to pick this up way back when (long enough ago to where GS still carried new PSP releases) but passed on it for whatever reason. I've not seen it since save for two times, once was when a mom n' pop shop had a Japanese copy of the game and the other time it was incomplete/beat up looking. I'm rather glad I don't have to hunt around for that one anymore.  ;)

The second item was shipped second and it's a quirky "RPG" I've wanted for a while because I have this blind obsession with acquiring Agetec releases. The game is called Falling Stars and I've only seen it out in the wild once and it was in a replacement case missing the book. I figured I would get around to picking it up at some point but I'm glad my SS saved me the trouble.

The last item actually arrived first and it's the crown jewel of my SS gets. I put it on my list as something of a long shot but thankfully my SS came through for me. I received an amiibo Wii Fit Trainer still in the original packaging. It's the one SSB amiibo I wasn't able to pick up because right as soon as they came out the specullectors/price jacking resell mouth breathers snapped them all up before I had a chance to grab one. I'm REALLY happy to finally have her.  ;D

Thanks a TON to my SS whomever you might be!  ;)

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2017, 01:16:45 am »
At what point are we suppose to reveal who gifted who or is that optional?

Warmsignal

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 05:05:05 pm »
Here's what I got.

Many thanks for the great stuff!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:17:21 pm by Warmsignal »

soera

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »
At what point are we suppose to reveal who gifted who or is that optional?

Some people like not knowing who bought for them. Its not been required at all to say who you bought for.