Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2017 Loot Thread!  (Read 6141 times)

telly

VGCollect Secret Santa 2017 Loot Thread!
« on: December 15, 2017, 10:32:12 am »
Alright guys, time to post your gets! A bunch of us opened them up on the podcast last night, so be sure to check it out.

Be warned, santas will be revealed in this thread! Don't read if you want to keep your santa as much of a secret as possible!

Here's mine. I must say, my santa went above and beyond with an amazing gift. It had everything: games I wanted, games that sound really cool and fun... he threw in a couple strategy guides that have been a joy to look through as well. Even added some local chips and chili to top it all off! So awesome  8)

Thank you, flashback2012!
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2017 Loot Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 11:38:27 am »
He had our opening party last night on Our Parents' Basement.  Telly, Tpug, and DashV all joined the fun it was a blast.  Here's the link if you want to watch an hour of chuckleheads opening video games.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONvv3ZQ4as

Here's what I got.  Thank You, Santa!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:14:55 pm »
He had our opening party last night on Our Parents' Basement.  Telly, Tpug, and DashV all joined the fun it was a blast.  Here's the link if you want to watch an hour of chuckleheads opening video games.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONvv3ZQ4as

I remember eyeballing that Deathsmiles edition at my local Gamestop years ago, wish I had bought it back then.  It just looks so cool.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »
It's beginning to look a lot like DREAMCAST! Thanks Santa whoever you were, and if you hand drew that Kingdom Hearts picture that is amazing and I appreciate that on so many levels (now just to find a spot to hang it) :)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:08:41 am by tafk »

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »
Received the Dutch (?) versions of Doom and Gravity Rush for the PS4. A little disappointed that I can't access the side content on my American PSN account, but both of the core games are mostly playable in English, plus I got some European candy. Have no idea what the flavor is, but I like it. Thank you, Santa!

Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

soera

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 03:35:10 pm »
Busy week at work (which is why I couldnt even be part of the reveal pod last night) but I did want to give a shout out to my Santa. I told Mr Claus to surprise me with a series of anything they thought I would like. Well, it worked out fantastic cause I was turned onto a series that I had kind of heard about but never really noticed till now. I got 3 vita games and 3 PS3 games from the Hyperdimension series. And once I opened them I went and wiki'ed them and it turns out to sound like a super awesome concept and I honestly am looking forward to playing them!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 05:02:03 pm »
This was my first year participating in the VG Collect Secret Santa and it certainly wont be my last! First of all I have no idea who my santa was, all i have was their name on the shipping label. I gave my Santa a short wish list and told them feel free to stick to it or go wild; they decided to go off script, not one gift was on my short list and man I'm glad they did (way more fun that way). I would love to figure out who my Santa was and talk to them so I can hear about their thought process when shopping for me cause they really did a DAMN GOOD JOB!!! Thank you Santa who ever you are. Anyway enough talky talky, heres the loot:

I just want to thank you again Santa! High Fives all around!!

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 07:24:50 pm »

I remember eyeballing that Deathsmiles edition at my local Gamestop years ago, wish I had bought it back then.  It just looks so cool.

Still available on Amazon, I think!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 08:02:33 pm »

Still available on Amazon, I think!
I think Gs carried it for $15-20 back when.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:08:56 am »
Updated my post above!  ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 11:38:29 am »
Saving a spot here. Whether I decide to wait or do it now is another thing. #peerpressure

telly

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 11:55:08 am »
Saving a spot here. Whether I decide to wait or do it now is another thing. #peerpressure

No one will blame you if you open it now :)
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 01:03:35 am »
Dear VGCollect,

As I enter day 3 into not giving into #peerpressure, the urges to open become greater. Because of this I have not eaten in two days. I have survived long enough on water and crackers. With 7 days to go, I wonder if I will survive and whether the willpower is there.

DROAA

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 04:55:52 pm »
Dear VGCollect,

As I enter day 3 into not giving into #peerpressure, the urges to open become greater. Because of this I have not eaten in two days. I have survived long enough on water and crackers. With 7 days to go, I wonder if I will survive and whether the willpower is there.

DROAA

Do it!  Peer Pressure!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 05:55:26 pm »
Dear VGCollect,

DROAA