Author Topic: SSX Tricky, Coolboarders 3, Tony Hawk 3, Any modern equivalents?  (Read 1078 times)

Some of my favorite gaming moment were tearing it up in SSX Tricky, Coolboarders 3, and Tony Hawk 3. Can anyone recommend any modern games that might have a similar feeling to any of those?

Re: SSX Tricky, Coolboarders 3, Tony Hawk 3, Any modern equivalents?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:24:44 pm »
SSX.  Steep.

Skate 3. Tony hawk 5.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:35:47 pm »
Stay far away from THPS5

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 11:53:26 pm »
Stay far away from THPS5

No good eh?

You can basically play Tony Hawk up to Proving Ground, and then just stop.  That gives you like 6 more games.  The moment Neversoft stopped making them, the series fell off a cliff.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:54:59 am »
Stay far away from THPS5

No good eh?

Beyond trash. It was clear that Activision by that point was just doing it to watch it burn and die. It felt so off and even after they "fixed" it, it was too late. I was done with the Hawks franchise after Proving Ground cuz I hated P8 and PG was too much like it and never finished. I will say that Tony Hawk HD was nice but then again that was more like a greatest hits type of deal so it wasnt hard to screw that one up.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 05:06:05 am »
It's not really an Xtreme sports game, but Sunset Overdrive is what would happen if SSX had a baby with Ratchet and Clank. It is a platforming shooter that plays like a extreme sports game.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:56:18 am »
Sunset Overdrive takes the rail grinding fun of Tony Hawk with a cartoony Jet Set Radio/SSX flare but mixes it wonderfully with Ratchet and Clank style mayhem with some wierd 3rd person shooting. :)   

It's the closest to the old games ive seen but of course it's a little different.

telly

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:33:38 am »
I've played the SSX reboot on PS3 and it's fun! The level design isn't as great as Tricky or 3 but it does have some cool new features. I'd give it a shot :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 08:20:42 pm »
I happen to have SSX on PS3. I’ll have to give it a shot. But damn now I want an Xbox one!!! Ugh thanks guys lol.  Won’t happen for a while but hopefully I can pick one up at some point