Author Topic: A Question about the Xbox One X...  (Read 762 times)

A Question about the Xbox One X...
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:07 am »
Who here thinks that the XBox One X should have been a next-gen console with immediate backwards comparability and it's own string of games to compete with the Nintendo Switch (Like there's even a competition lol)?

Could be just me

Re: A Question about the Xbox One X...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:25 am »
Nah- while the last gen run has kind of messed with the timeline a bit, it's still a little too early to iterate into a new generation. Plus, it still wouldn't be competing with Switch- that guy is such a bizarre take on a traditional gaming console it's running in its own separate category. Y'know, basically what Nintendo's been up to since about the Gamecube days or so.

I think the mid-cycle upgrade route was a good call for both Sony & Microsoft this time- it lets the people who want the bleeding edge tech get bleeding edge tech, without alienating anybody who doesn't. I'd like to see another couple years go before we spin out another complete console generation.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: A Question about the Xbox One X...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:56:16 pm »
It's been almost 5 years now since the XBox One released. Before this last generation, 5 years was the normal console life-cycle. So it's not that it's too soon, per se. But I do feel this last generation wasn't the best with games. We need more great games this generation, or just move on.