Author Topic: Anger Quits  (Read 3023 times)

Re: Anger Quits
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 11:32:43 pm »
I haven't raged about a game since I was like, 10 years old. Adults having temper tantrums about video games is totally inexcusable and childish - don't like it, don't play it, and if you really can't control your anger, get professional help.

There's a difference between being frustrated and a temper tantrum, I'm pretty sure anyone who has broken a controller didn't mean to but just did it on moment.

In my personal life I am not an angry or aggressive person, but I guess because I am so passionate about video games, that passion seems to manifest itself as anger when a game is really kicking my ass, especially if it's because of some broken mechanic on a game or because of cheap game design. To be fair I don't get angry at every game I play, maybe 1/4 games I play really push my buttons, but in terms of getting ultra pissed, it's probably 1/20 games. I definitely don't need professional help, not does my anger at games translate into me trying to run people off the road, beating my spouse, or getting into fist fights with strangers.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 12:08:55 am »
Also "don't like it don't play it" is a pretty stupid thing to say considering some of my favorite games make me rage the most

arkaneer

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 10:11:01 am »
me too i will growl like a idiot and flip my tv off when no one's looking and mumble under my breath I know I
look like a asshole but it's makes me feel better.

Yep...I grumble like hell to myself and hope nobody hears!

I try and avoid frustrating games these days...I have limited time to play, so I like to maximize the happiness. I am strangely drawn to Cuphead though  :o

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 08:33:18 pm »
How do you handle rage or anger quits? Have you ever broken a controller or a console? for me

When generally a video game goes too fast or too complex or, it makes me fatigue. I get angry  and turn off the game console. I have broken a few controller a long time ago. I'm a loser when it comes to games, I usually get lost or don't know what to do in which is why I turn off so many games not even bothering to get off the first level

At first I usually cuss the game out  or just have the basic frustration we all experience :).  9 times out of 10 a game won't push me beyond that.  I usually just shut the game off. But some games are really captivating with their evil.  Like Ninja Gaiden or Cuphead.  But as the game's irradiating pain lingers through my veins as it's RNG spends hours ripping me off and violating me emotionally like some sick captor I develop this sense of stockholm syndrome.  I try to pass the frustration and anger off with 3rd person comedy routines and I laugh at the game as if it's a joke or as if it's meant to be a joke but once it sets in that i'm imprisoned and the thing I so very hate has become my very vice I become afraid that I will never find a way to beat it or that it's just toying with me.  I scream to the TV to fix the problems and I question life itself. I swear, I grunt angrily and I eventually cry which makes me madder and than I typically go off the handle with tears rolling down my cheeks, distain in my heart. I stand up to my captor (the game) and call it some obscene words that should not be repeated.  I spit villainy at my TV screen and typically end up punching a pillow or DVD case until I become breathless and hurt my knuckles and I can no longer throw a punch which is when I collapse into the cushions and finish my cry.

Rarely games get me to that level.  It's certainly not a common occurance.  But maybe 3 times in my life have come a game that essentially game raped me. Being just truly abused by a sick game dev until you forget who you truly are or what world you are in.  And when you end up beating the game you feel this sense of sadness that combines with your valor. You beat your captor but It's like the walls melting in your prison cell.  You extinguished a living hell around you but the hell became you so a piece of you dies in the process. You mind became institutionalized and you just want nothing more for the pain to come back. It's the feeling of being sick and twisted and the whole time you can't understand why but you love the game regardless of what it put your through. You question weather you beat the game or did the game beat you.  And it's at this moment you find your true identity and purpose in life.  You long to be hurt again.  The scars have become your soul.  Sat, head in your palms.  Rain pouring down your hair.  Soaked shirt.  Rain drops or tears on your cheeks?  Only you know the truth.  And THOSE games are the games that keep us up at night.  Like an ex lover that called you fat and tried coaxing you into self harming but you miss them because they were the only friend you had.   You have grown but that piece of you still exists and always will.   

Than have come games that I just sold out of rage lol.  Last year I posted NBA 2k18 on ebay for 40 dollars (55 at the time) and sold it within 1 hour to some UNlucky fellow.  It's rare a game pushes me to sell it but if it does it's typically a broken, micro trans riddled piece of trash like 2k18 :)

Lately when A game gets me mad I just take it out of the console and call it a day though. I get mad but typically a game either isn't good enough for me to troop it out and get mad enough or it's just a light amount of anger that I can ignore with some youtube.   :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:40:39 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 10:43:13 am »
I live by this.  I've had to say it to my son several times. 
"Games are supposed to be fun.  If you're mad, you're not having fun.  If you're not having fun, go do something else."

It's ok to get frustrated with a hard game. It makes overcoming the challenge that much sweeter.   It's just not ok to get full on mad.

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 03:23:02 pm »
For me most fast pace reflex games are not fun. I play mostly sports games and first person shooters. I usally get mad if I can't make out whats on screen and the cpu takes advantage of bad screen angles. I have vary poor eyesight and often can't see well in shiny night lights like in need for speed underground" and also in some first person shooters when a bunch of guys is hiding far away and killing me in the process.

I never beat Medal Of Honor: Front lines. due to bad guys shooting me off screen in an area on a hill far beyond what the graphics display and at night too. It's the level where you start on a hill and the bad guys shoot rockets far beyond the visual distance of the game. everything is in fog and you can't see the other side of the field when the men are shooting you as an example.

turns out they are on a distant hill and harrass you and use the view distance of the game itself to hide and kill you
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

soera

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 03:25:53 pm »
Ive raged. I remember one time I was playing MK PS3 online. Was kicking the shit out of this person and all the sudden they caught me in some cheap ass combo and beat me. I was like wtf and tossed my controller. Ill be damned if it didnt hit the wall and shatter. Had to go buy another one the next day. Never did it again though.

Ive lost my marbles once during Everquest. Our loot was handled by a raid council who determined who got what. I had been after a certain item for months. The thing finally drops and it honestly should have been mine. But one of the raid leader's buddy decided he wanted it too and it was awarded to him. I got pissed and punched the wall. My hand hurt for a few days. Funny thing is now I cant remember what the item was or if I ever even got it later on.

Another time was another MMO, Dungeons and Dragons online. The weird thing about that game is you are not set in stone on your class (this has to do with the whole story). I played a bard and I repeatedly organized groups to get my bard's epic weapon. It was like an hour long quest with a 12 hour lockout. The main piece only dropped in this one quest. After doing this thing literally every day for about 2-3 weeks, the item finally drops. I was the only bard so naturally I figured I would get it but another guy in the group said he was going to class swap to a bard later and wanted to roll against me. Sure enough, he fucking won. I was angry as fuck and just turned the fucking computer straight off. Cooled down the next day and it dropped again, lol. This time I went with a guild group so they all knew I wanted it and let me have it.

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 03:52:27 pm »
I've had my fair share of pissed off gaming moments but the only time I remember strait up raging was in Gran Turismo 3 trying to get the damn licenses.... I gripped this PS2 controller and twisted as hard as i could till it broke.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 05:36:45 pm »
I've had my fair share of pissed off gaming moments but the only time I remember strait up raging was in Gran Turismo 3 trying to get the damn licenses.... I gripped this PS2 controller and twisted as hard as i could till it broke.

Gran Turismo 4 I know is hard, I never played 3 as much. due to the lack of cars in that game. Overall I find Gran Turismo 3 A spec the worst gran Turismo I ever played. try gran turismo 2 for PS1 that game has TON's of cars and is easier but Gran Turismo 4 has more tracks and cars though ::)

Their is also harsh language spoken by myself when I fail in the license by a few milliseconds I don't ever aim for all gold I am happy with  silver & bronze, when comes :) but for all gold you can unlock a hidden car in some Gran Turismo games
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:44:19 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 05:59:03 pm »
Ive raged. I remember one time I was playing MK PS3 online. Was kicking the shit out of this person and all the sudden they caught me in some cheap ass combo and beat me. I was like wtf and tossed my controller. Ill be damned if it didnt hit the wall and shatter. Had to go buy another one the next day. Never did it again though.
Online games against people can sometime be a bitch Mortal Kombat can be especially frustrating even against the CPU because that game rewards the person with the best reflexes and combos, it can be majorly unfair and unbalanced at times

As for RPGs sounds like you got trolled  @soera or maybe just highly unlucky at that moment
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:02:27 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

mark1982

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 01:40:47 am »
I've never rage quit per-say, but I have gotten frustrated at certain games like the souls series. I would just take a deep breath and try again later, works every time, especially with Nioh on those DLC bosses.

I use to play a lot of Street Fighter IV and V online, never rage quit there either, just treat it as a learning process when I get beat to get better.

But then again, takes quite a bit for me to get really angry in general. So never broke a controller in my time of gaming.

However, I have gotten some nasty messages from people on Xbox Live and PSN while playing Street Fighter. To the point where I can feel their anger through my screen. Not my fault I beat them and bumped their rank lower, heh.
  l    l 

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 08:37:02 am »
I try to quit playing games before I get to the point of anger.

I've been playing Furi lately, so I've been playing one life at a time.  If I die, I stop playing for a while so I don't get flustered and stuff.  I find the game is much easier as just a pick up and play... not that I get angry when I die in this game... but I bet I would if I wasn't taking constant breaks.

doafan

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 07:18:36 pm »
When I was a kid used to leave the room with the TV and the Console on just to go outside and play with my friends, hours later when I came back I continue with the game with a different attitude and of course more relaxed, most of the times this worked like a charm now as an old man when I don't have time to play I just turn the fucking console and the tv off, don't like to throw my controllers cause these are so freaking expensive  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy