Author Topic: Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series  (Read 3117 times)

azure

Re: Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 06:50:04 pm »
I think the original trilogy and Reach are solid games. I haven't played the newer titles, but they don't seem to capture the same feeling.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 11:57:03 pm »
halo was amazing
halo 2 was great too
halo 3 was not as good as 1 or 2 imo. but good none the less.
halo 3 odst at first I hated it but went back to it years later and loved it.
halo reach brought back the feel of the original imo.not as good but close.
halo 4 was good but a step backwards.
halo 5 was great till you meet the new enemies then it was a huge letdown for me so unmemorable in fact I played threw it twice because I forgot I beat it. Worst game out of them all.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:00:51 am by wartoy »

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 05:44:11 am »
Its a good series but the levels with the Flood bring the game from a 9-10 to a 7

warning spoiler for halo 1 combat evolved

lol you said flood levels and I expected a massive First Person under water swimming section bad controls and the constant drowning of Master Chief,causing me to rage quit.  I think I'm on the last mission in fact I made it past all the hordes of enemies in the Plague or what the story calls the flood.  level where you follow a drone through basically I call big endurance round with wave after wave of enemies and I am taking a break from all that mayhem making another reply. Anyway by looking up Halo Flood Levels and the experience playing the first flood level I don't see any water deep enough to drown Master Chief in the entire game in which is a good thing

I am about that level where it I am surprised the whole alien race was not killed off. I am at the point in halo 1 combat evolved that I believe is the last unlock able mission. Where you are on a mission to destroy the ring. There are still lots of enemies in fact wave after wave but, and I can see why so many FPS fans love Halo :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:47:29 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pizzasafari

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 05:49:45 pm »
I love the first Halo but I have the seemingly unpopular opinion that they went downhill from there. I thought Halo 2 was okay, couldn't get into 3 at all, and something just felt off about Reach. I haven't played any of the others.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 08:32:55 am »
I've played every game in series except for 5, and I think they are all generally good (ODST) to great (Halo 2) games.  They are smooth responsive shooters that have surprisingly deep stories for a genre that isn't exactly know for that.  I played a ton of multiplayer for both Combat Evolved and 2, and spent a fair-ish amount of time with 4, and I think that the worst part of the Halo series are other Halo players, but that is generally the case with most online multiplayer console games.

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 11:56:57 pm »
I played 1-2 and they were decently fun. They had great music, a pretty good story and decent gameplay, though the series really isn't something I'd itch to come back to. Mainly because they're xbox exclusives lol

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 10:59:58 pm »
I remembered this topic I made a while ago since I'm playing the Halos games again, this time with the whole series except for Halo Wars 1 and Halo 5: Guardians

I recommend the entire Halo series, but please note the Halo Wars and Halo Wars 2 are not first person shooters and are real time strategy  games instead.

But I actually never completed the first release due to a bug I think. that made the game impossible to beat. But from what I gather this series has a long single player campaign. I can tell from only the 3 games I touched from this series but not beaten, due to how long the campaigns seem to be.

This is an awesome series, and I can tell that a lot of work was involved with the creation of this series at least Halo Reach and Halo Combat Evolved in which I never played the others yet except for some of Halo 3 :ODST

1. Halo: Wars
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo: Combat Evolved
4. Halo 2
5. Halo 3: ODST
6. Halo 3
7. Halo 4
8. Halo 5: Guardians
9: Halo Wars: 2
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:03:44 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 10:58:06 am »
1.Halo Combat Evolved was imo.a masterpiece my favorite.
2.Halo 2 was even better but lacked the feeling of exploration the first game had.
3.Halo 3 ODST I hated this game it played differently than the others and it threw me off a bit.Then I went back to it a few years later and loved it now it's one of my favorites.
4.Halo 3 more of the same here excellent game another favorite of mine.
5.Halo 4 again excellent game
6.Halo Reach alot of people I know didn't care for this one but I loved it!This game brought back the feel of exploration the first game had another favorite of mine.
7.Halo 5 I played this game and was extremely disappointed hated the new enemies it was so boring I actually played threw it a second time a year later because I forgot I already beat it.You know a game sucks when it's you can't even remember it.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 08:48:22 am »
I just got Halo Wars 1 yesterday and played 1 mission, but I like the First Person Shooter Halo games better, because I can understand how to play most first person shooter games.

Sometime late last year I finally played through the entire Halo 1: Combat evolved, and that was a darn hard game to finish even on the lowest difficulty, especially the last mission where you need to get in a Vehicle. Then you need race to finish the last level, on a timer through a long drive to an epic jump of faith. even after I went through those difficult flood levels, in which I found out has nothing to do with water by the way.

I just got done playing through part of Halo 2, I love this game so far. it too has flood levels and yes they are difficult sometimes you can find yourself in a corner with 3 or 4 guys all acting like bullet sponges, running out of ammo and just hoping you can get past it, just like the first Halo game.

I recommend Any Halo Series game to any first person shooter fan

Does anyone own the Master Chief Collection, for Xbox One? please post if you played any part of the Master Chief collection, I'd like to hear you comments on it.

I don't have the Master Chief Collection because I have each game individually except Halo 5: Guardians

NO APPS NEEDED

ferraroso

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 08:38:24 pm »
I used to work at an electronics shop when the first Halo: Combat Evolved came out and, even though I played in one of the store's TVs whenever we had no clients, I remember I never could understand the appeal it had on so many game magazines back in the day.
A couple of years ago, I decided to finally give it a second chance and... man... now I can finally understand why so many people love this series! Even though I still don't care for the story or even Master Chief as a character, the first Halos where soooo ahead of their time when concerning gameplay! Even though I haven't played anything past Halo 3 (and I'm yet to finish a game in this series), I can say I really respect it now!

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 06:01:00 pm »
I read the following on the internet is this true? Is Halo 4 and Halo Wars 2 the end of the story saga?

Does Halo 5 Guardians have a campaign?
Unlike previous first-person shooters in the Halo franchise, Halo 5: Guardians does not feature any offline multiplayer capabilities, like split-screen cooperative campaign and multiplayer modes; it also does not have any local networking options.

never mind Halo 5 Guardians might have a single player campaign after all
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:34:22 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

mark1982

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2020, 11:02:02 pm »
It peaked at Halo 3, I remember playing 3 and was impressed how polished the game was.

After that it went downhill, fell asleep playing 4 a few times, that rarely happens when I play games... After I finished 5 I told myself that's the last Halo game I play.
  l    l 

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 08:33:57 pm »
Ammo is sparse? Are we playing the same game? Every single enemy you kill has ammo on them.

The ammo in Halo 3 ODST version the enemies are a lot tougher and ammo is vary hard to find, but HALO 3 ODST is not the same as Halo 3. SO far I only played HALO 1 and Halo 3 ODST. I remember the Halo 3 ODST the enemies take hundreds of lasers guns and ammo to defeat and their are lots of those kinds of enemies :'(

Ammo in that game has you scouring for ammo continuously

Well ODST is just a spinoff bonus game.  Halo in general throws all the weapons and ammo at you.

I finally finished Halo 3 ODST and it was a fun game I think, I like how I can go at my own pace and don't need to worry about getting 100's of guys spawning in and trying to kill me like in Halo 1: Combat Evolved I played it on the easiest setting (on like all Halo games so far) and I loved that game, never played 3 or 4 or finished 2 though

Halo 3 ODST is different from Halo 3 because Halo 3 ODST's story takes place without Master Chief. In the events that directly happen after Halo 2's campaign

(story order so far)
1. Halo: Wars
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo: Combat Evolved
4. Halo 2
5. Halo 3: ODST
6. Halo 3
7. Halo 4
8. Halo 5: Guardians
9: Halo Wars: 2

NO APPS NEEDED

covfefe2020

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 11:41:06 am »
I hold the opinion that you havent actually experienced the original halo games if you havent played split screen co op and splitscreen multiplayer, it was so good that I had to buy a second xbox for lan.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

telekill

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 12:16:04 pm »
I only really played the first two.

Original Halo - Really enjoyed this. Played it often with my brother. Had a blast with LAN parties that he and his friends would have. Fun story and gameplay. Great game.

Halo 2 - Enjoyed the continuation of the story. I bought an Xbox when this released just to continue playing online with my brother. I beat the story and went online. My brother was never online. I was stuck was the random general community. Kids (yes kids) singing into the mic. They would dance around in circles instead of doing the objective like morons. I also didn't know how loose my mom was until I went on Xbox Live. Man she got around. The community was so non-stop toxic that after a single month of owning the Xbox, I sold it and have never looked back at the Xbox brand again.

I played the third a couple times at a friend's house but never really delved into it. That was the last I played of the series.