Author Topic: Xbox One Exclusives  (Read 3593 times)

sleepyevening

Xbox One Exclusives
« on: February 13, 2018, 03:37:10 pm »
As someone who only has a ps4, are there any Xbox One exclusives that make the console worth buying if you have a ps4?

So far I've been looking into Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay.

Re: Xbox One Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:40:06 pm »
As someone who only has a ps4, are there any Xbox One exclusives that make the console worth buying if you have a ps4?

That's about it unless you are interested in Forza, Halo, Gears of War, or maybe Sea of Thieves.

Uh... Ori and the Blind Forest.

Recore and Super Lucky's Tale if you hate yourself.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:41:51 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:56:57 pm »
"Exclusives" aren't exactly a big feature when it comes to the Xbone.  They have a couple that Ignition brought up, Crackdown 3 is also coming this year.  Uhhh, State of Decay 2 could be alright.  It's a very small selection compared to the PS4.  Probably the only reason to get one right now is if you can get a regular Xbox One S REAL cheap.  They are getting close to 200 bucks pre-owned at Gamestop, but even then I'd say that's pricey for the handful of games worth grabbing.  Also if you have a PC, it makes the Xbox even more pointless since they are pushing to release most of them on PC...Wish they'd do that for Rare Replay.  Kinda the only game I actually want from the console.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »
Halo 5 is good, better than 4, that's for sure.

And Ryse: Son of Rome is a good God of War clone.

Rare Replay is a great classic game collection ranging from ZX Spectrum games all the way up to 360 titles and everything in-between.

I've heard good things about Sea of Thieves, though haven't played it myself.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:17:51 pm by burningdoom »

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:40:20 pm »
someone posted a site that you can use to see every type of exclusive for xbone. if I find the post I will link it here.

EDIT:

well that was quick... here is the requested information https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

you can filter it by deselecting portions in the SHOWING section. allows you to look up what you actually consider exclusive
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:45:19 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:54:57 pm »
From the other topic a little further down the page:

https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

In any case, even as a main Xbox gamer, I'd agree that they've definitely lost the exclusivity war compared to previous gens. However, they are definitely winning when it comes to things like backwards compatibility and their subscription programs. For instance, Game Pass, the Xbox equivalent of Playstation Now, will have all 1st party exclusive titles available on day one, starting with Sea of Thieves.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 05:42:29 pm »

Here is a list of some of the pros to owning an Xbox One or One X along side your PS4 as unbiased as I can. :)  Remember these are just my opinions.  But I do think the Xbox has selling points that make it a must have.  :D

1. The controller....  The controller warrants out of body phenomenons that this planet can't even fathom, it's a van gough, it's a picasso, it's just pure divine excellence. Ergonomically it's better for FPS, and especially racers imo.  It's better than Pizza, it's slightly better than love.  I could sit here and make a novel of how great the controller is but that wouldn't be enough to convey it anyway.  It's like witnessing two galaxies collide and form one giant black holes that sucks you in, but instead of bursting from hydrophobic combustion you sparkle like the vampires in twilight and become god everytime you hold it. :)    It's the best controller my hands have ever touched.  I doubt it will ever be topped imo.

2. Next is the Forza franchise :).    Critical acclaim and community thoughts of it is that it has easily been the best racing simulator (arcade if you include the incredible open world horizon games) of the past decade.   Mostly because while Gran Turismo has spent the past 10 years selling their consumer a demo for 60 dollars and having the sheer nerve to call it a game (GT SPORT)  or just having such dated, inferior and lackluster game engines that have been inferior to Forza for quite some time Forza has been innovating and hitting home runs.   Which is why GT Sport and GT6 both had mediocre reviews from most racing lovers.     Forza on the other hand is almost worth buying the console alone.   If you love racers, they really set the bar for sims and open world racers.  They are awesome.

Some awesome games you can look forward too

1. Cuphead
2. Halo Master Chief Collection
3. Gears of War 4/ Collection
4. Forza 6,7, soon to be 8,  Horizon 2 and 3 soon to be 4
5. Sunset Overdrive
6. Crack down 3 coming soon
7. Rare Replay
8. Halo 5 Guardians
9.  Pub G  (Shooting game of the year)

All great exclusives.  Their are much more too. :)

Now granted I will admit.  PS4 has a night and day superior line up of exclusives. I'm not saying it's close.  It's not close.  And that's coming from a Xbox One fan.   PS4 has countless 1st party exclusives that I envy.   But in my opinion I think Xbox One, especially the One X handle 3rd party games much better and has a much better controller.  which is why I prefer it.

I think just for the games for mentioned, the controller, and the graphical superiority of the One X  (4k 60 fps)  makes it worth giving it a shot.   

I think if you can you should try to aquire it and than have both and make your own judgement from there.  But I do think it has much to offer to make it not a waste of money or time.    Just off graphical excellence, Xbox One X is the most powerful home console ever made.  It really does handle 3rd party games much better than even a PS4 pro can dream of. 

I think if you like shooters and racing games it's essential to give it a shot.   Hope this helps.   

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 08:11:49 pm »
  It's the best controller my hands have ever touched.  I doubt it will ever be topped imo

Gotta agree here. I thought the 360 controller was the best controller ever, then the One came out and they managed to top that. It just feels like the pure essence that is a game controller. I can sit with that controller in my hands for hours whereas with the Dualshocks, I'll get hand cramps if I play for more than 30 minutes or so without a break.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:47:47 am »
Rare Replay is worth it on its own....if you can find one for under $50 lol

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 08:03:28 am »
Forgot about Cuphead and Ryse.

Ryse is a fantastic game, it's just extremely short at about 6 hours.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:58 am »
There is one big, important question you must ask yourself before deciding on an Xbox One: Do you game on PC?

See, thanks to Microsoft's Play Anywhere initiative from a few years back, basically anything from Microsoft proper available for Xbox One is also available on PC. Now they've backpedaled on that a bit, but it still means that for non-pc exclusive content, you're largely counting on third parties to literally bet on the losing horse. In other words, PC gamers likely need not bother.

Now, assuming you aren't that big into PC gaming, your main issue becomes cost. Let's face it, the amount of content that can be considered Xbox exclusive in any capacity is minimal. See, I like my Xbox One as a machine. I like the interface. I like the lil' chime it makes when I turn it on. I like that it when I turn it off it doesn't default to a standby mode that makes it prone to damage if the power is cut (has Sony never heard of blackouts?!) Game content, though? Severely lacking- I keep an eye out since, y'know, I like my Xbox as a machine & want to use it. Those exclusives people have already mentioned? That's basically been the list since 2016. I mean, if you don't do PC and you're cool with download only, there's a couple more indies to throw in (like Slime Rancher). For the most part though, the games mentioned are your exclusive pool.

However- the thing about being the runner-up console? Multi-console games usually cost less on Xbox. So, if you have one, and you're not big into online play, you can save money getting Xbox versions over PS4. Hell, I just bought Tales from the Borderlands & Mirror's Edge Catalyst from the Microsoft store for $5 each. With free shipping! Now that I think about it, I haven't spent more than $20 for any of the Xbox One games I own. So, yeah... you'll do best if you treat it like a 'bargain' system & look for a good sale on a starter bundle. I got mine during last year's Prime sale. 1 TB Xbox One S, extra controller, play n' charge kit, and 5 download games total for $290. So far I haven't seen a bundle that matches than one, but it gives you an idea of how low it can go if you're patient about it. I imagine if you don't need/want the X, you could do better come next holiday rush/tax season clearance.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 09:27:59 am »
snip
All absolutely true.  But being a PC gamer these days just isn't reasonable anymore with the ridiculous cost of graphics cards.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 10:15:51 am »
If you leave off PC games and just go for console exclusives, XBone is the only place you can get Cuphead.  It was one of my top games last year.  I love it. 

Cuphead
Sunset Overdrive
Rare Replay

Crackdown 3 is coming.  I loved the first 2. I thought they were hugely underrated.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 10:48:17 am »
If you leave off PC games and just go for console exclusives, XBone is the only place you can get Cuphead.  It was one of my top games last year.  I love it. 

Cuphead
Sunset Overdrive
Rare Replay

Crackdown 3 is coming.  I loved the first 2. I thought they were hugely underrated.
Cuphead is on PC

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:07 am »

Cuphead
Sunset Overdrive
Rare Replay

Cuphead is on PC

I know.  That's where I have it.