Author Topic: How is retro game pricing as of Feb 2018?  (Read 5333 times)

tripredacus

Re: How is retro game pricing as of Feb 2018?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 09:46:02 am »
I'd say to be careful in representing pro models for anything. PVM and BVM you can find easily with high prices like you describe, but you can also find ones that do not have such a high premium. The difference is that there are way more out there in the hands (or storage) of regular people vs CRT enthuisiasts. CRTs of any sort have no real market value at this point and the people who do want pro (or RGB) monitors are a niche.

But I will say that there may be a big difference between the US and Europe in regards to these things. I already know that there is even a big difference between my area and another state, as I recently found out that PC collecting is apparently boom-town, in every other area except the one I live in.  :-X

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2018, 05:46:50 pm »
I've noticed a slight uptick in Dreamcast prices. Bought a complete copy of D2 last year for around $50, I checked this month and every complete copy on Ebay is going for $80 now. Then there are some of the rarer games like Project Justice that was $60+ when I was in middle school and is now $120+ in my final year of high school

Just cause these are what most people are selling them for doesn't mean it's the price at which people are buying them though

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 06:58:29 pm »
My copies of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on NES seem to have sprouted legs and walked off. So I just re-bought them...both under $10, shipped. And this is off of eBay.

So yeah, there seems to be a noticeable difference with NES game prices...thankfully since that's my favorite retro console.

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2018, 01:41:27 am »
I've noticed a slight uptick in Dreamcast prices. Bought a complete copy of D2 last year for around $50, I checked this month and every complete copy on Ebay is going for $80 now. Then there are some of the rarer games like Project Justice that was $60+ when I was in middle school and is now $120+ in my final year of high school

Just cause these are what most people are selling them for doesn't mean it's the price at which people are buying them though

I have a graph to show you

https://www.pricecharting.com/console/sega-dreamcast

tripredacus

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2018, 09:38:30 am »
Speaking of D2, I had noticed within the past few months that Ebay no longer will show me listings from Japanese sellers. Sometimes I will see a hit-japan item, but It seems that 2-3 months ago I see nothing from Japan anymore. I remember this because I had a D2 on my WL for some time because I am missing a disc, so I would always search for D2 on Ebay in case I found a good deal or a lot or something.

sworddude

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2018, 08:33:15 pm »

If someone sold a D2 at 80 it has been bought by someone even though the overall value is less thanks to other listings.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:40:00 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!