Author Topic: Your unpopular gaming opinions.  (Read 6635 times)

telly

Re: Your unpopular gaming opinions.
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2018, 04:33:03 pm »
Ohh I definitely agree with the original Legend of Zelda. It's a classic case of bad game design and IMO the only reason anybody was able to beat it back in 1986 was Nintendo Power.

I'd take Link to the Past any day
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Agozer

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2018, 04:44:29 pm »
Adding onto that...I like the 3D zelda games? I think it's kind of a shame how much of a bad wrap they get these days.
I hope you meant the 3DO Zelda games. On the topic of the 3DO Zeldas, I haven't personally played any of them, but I've watched extensive playthoughs. Absolutely horrible both in design and mechanics. :/

Well, compared to Zelda's Adventure, the two that preceded it are masterpieces.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:46:40 pm by Agozer »

Agozer

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2018, 04:45:27 pm »
-double post-

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »
Ohh I definitely agree with the original Legend of Zelda. It's a classic case of bad game design and IMO the only reason anybody was able to beat it back in 1986 was Nintendo Power.

I'd take Link to the Past any day

Didn't have Nintendo Power, and beat it.

thefr0zenanus

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 10:33:10 pm »
if i see Green Hill Zone in one more Sonic game, i'm going to scream.

honestly, the series has 99 problems (regardless if your a classic/adventure/modern/whatever only-fan) and forced nostalgia is one.

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2018, 12:44:54 pm »
Call Of Duty Ghosts on  PS3 is a decent game in it's single player campaign. But the story was never finished, at the end of Call Of Duty Ghosts campaign from what I remember on my first play through, the villain survived and drags you away and that was the end of the single player campaign.

I never had too much trouble with the dog character in which you can't use too often because the dog will die and if the dog dies you lose and have to start over from a checkpoint

and the game gets harder with one mission navigating through a bunch of hungry sharks
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:48:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »
Speaking of Call of Duty Ghosts, I absolutely loved their Zombies-like game, "Extinction". I actually don't like zombies in COD because there's no end to it so I feel like I'm wasting my time in a sense. With Extinction there was an actual goal to work through which made it more fun. You can add relics to your character to increase the difficulty too so they still kept things from getting stale.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

thefr0zenanus

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2018, 03:22:31 pm »
the only appealing thing about Kirby is his character design, his games are just shallow cut/paste 2d platformers that play exactly the same.