Author Topic: Mega Man 2 & X - 30th Anniversary Classic Cartridges from iam8bit  (Read 2491 times)

desocietas

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection

$100 each if you've got the money! they say they're playable...

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

Re: Mega Man 2 & X - 30th Anniversary Classic Cartridges from iam8bit
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 01:23:04 pm »
Hmm. That's sleek, but I think I'll pass. It wouldn't get much usage.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 04:44:56 pm »
As cool as it is that they are re-releasing games on their original hardware I cant help but feel that it is a ridiculous cash grab at $100 a piece. I know they are only making 8500 of each but there are repro makers out there that make batches smaller than that and they sell at half or less that price.

also does anyone think these editions will be more or less prized from a collectors standpoint than the original games?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:19:07 am »
Why not buy both the "Megaman X Collection" and the "Megaman Anniversary Collection on the PlayStation 2  or Gamecube ???

the "Megaman Anniversary Collection" contains 10 Megaman Games in FULL with 2 of the  games being exclusives in Japan

and the "Megaman X Collection" contains 7 more different FULL megaman games

PLAYSTATION 2 VERSIONS
https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Anniversary-Collection-PlayStation-2/dp/B00019HNNC

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-X-Collection-PlayStation-2/dp/B0009XBWY6

GAMECUBE VERSIONS
https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Anniversary-Collection-Gamecube/dp/B00019AZC8

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-X-Collection-Gamecube/dp/B000A28ENI
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:26:55 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 06:13:02 am »
But wait there's more!  You could be one of the lucky one out out of eight to get the dark blue variant!  I thinks its neat that companies are entertaining this idea more and more.  Since ive already got these in they're gray glory there's little incentive.  ironically I just beat MegaMan2 last night from the PSN Legacy Collection.  Which while i love that, it doesn't feel complete since there's so much more content in the games department that could have been added.  But thats a story for another topic.

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 06:29:04 am »
Not worth it at that price point. I'd probably grab the upcoming X Collection on ps4 ( since its gonna have all of the x titles on 2 discs).

kashell

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 08:03:02 am »
Not worth it at that price point. I'd probably grab the upcoming X Collection on ps4 ( since its gonna have all of the x titles on 2 discs).

I thought it was only going to have X through X4, and then the rest would be DLC? Or am I thinking of something else? @.@

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 08:43:33 am »

I thought it was only going to have X through X4, and then the rest would be DLC? Or am I thinking of something else? @.@

That's the Switch Version.  XB1 and PS4 are pure digital.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »
It would be cooler if it were officially licensed cart versions of Mega Man 9 and 10. As it stands, do these do anything that the originals don't?

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 04:11:10 pm »

That's the Switch Version.  XB1 and PS4 are pure digital.
From what I've seen, the PS4/XB1 version was also announced to have a 2 disc retail release for $40 ( not sure how limited it will be), and switch has X1-X4  on cart ( with X5-X8 as a internet download code). In addition, the X Collection has two separate physical releases for Switch in Japan ($33 for each legacy collection), which you can grab via Playasia.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:14:42 pm by maximo310 »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 06:50:51 pm »
Looks cool but not going to go out of my way to get them.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 07:32:45 pm »
I think iam8bit is making these for a special subset of collectors. They are cool, but not really something everyone is going to want. You could buy both the original carts for less than one of these reissues. Personally I'm more interested in what Retro-Bit is doing with Holy Diver and R-type

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 08:42:44 pm »
That's just a blatant cash-grab by Capcom and iam8bit. I like some of iam8bit's releases, but this probably would be much more worth it if the NES cart included all six NES games and if the Mega Man X cart had all three X SNES games on it. Either way, they're kind of cool. I'd probably consider if they were half the price, but it's not really an "official" release, would would up it's value much more over just being in small supply.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 01:19:19 am »
I was never sold on the whole "official" reproduction thing, but I could see purpose in the compilation carts? There was at least a new feature to them and they were cheaper than buying them all invidually.

But this? They're overpriced fancy looking carts, and you could buy both of the games for less, which kills the purpose of them stone dead.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 06:11:32 pm »
Really to expensive, I would only see the hardcore fans buy those versions. The kind of fans that need to buy every single Mega Man games/versions.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac