Author Topic: VGC Signature  (Read 3109 times)

desocietas

VGC Signature
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:35:00 pm »
I'm liking that we can now use our VGC sig in the VGC forums!  Though I'm wondering if it'd be possible to have the images link to their item page... For instance, I saw that Scott added the NOA Kid Icarus pack and realized I should do the same.

My first reaction is to click on that image to get to its item record.  Instead, it brings me to Scott's collection.  And while that's fine and dandy, there's no way for me to see his most recent additions from that page either.

Sometimes I see stuff newly added to someone's collection in their sig and want to know what it is... but can't :\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

Re: VGC Signature
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:51 pm »
... I agree.

There should probably be a list of "Recently added items" on each user's profile, similar to what Backloggery does when you add or update a game. It'd be great!

darko

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:58:07 pm »
It would be cool if you could click on one of the games in the sig, but honestly, you can very easily get to collection page of anyone from clicking on the "view collection" link. I think a more useful application of the idea would be to have the option to sort by X on the collection page (sort by date added to collection, for example). That would involve one extra mouse click from the forums but it would also benefit people who don't use the forums.

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:53:10 am »
i would love that  ;D

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 10:28:28 pm »
... I agree.

There should probably be a list of "Recently added items" on each user's profile, similar to what Backloggery does when you add or update a game. It'd be great!

Unfortunately haven't anything actually clickable from within the image isn't possible. Most forums don't allow for any more advanced HTML in their sigs.

I do like the idea of a Recently added list. I'll see what I can do on that one.

Also if anyone would like to design a more visually appealing sig. Go for it. I basically whipped up the one we have now.

scott

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:27 pm »
I can play with it and see what I can come up with.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread