Author Topic: June 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 6002 times)

shfan

Re: June 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 12:46:01 pm »
Picked up Rabi Ribi for PS4 from a local GAME, it was down to £10 and I got £1.10 off my loyalty card, as a special bonus it also had the soundtrack, which I wasn't expecting, thought that was a special offer which had come and gone. Very happy.

Did some trading-in at CEX and picked up some cracking blu rays: Flatliners (80s or bust!), Castle of Cagliostro (one of my all time favourite animes) and two Arrow Films horrors - Nightmare City (Italian zombie film, apparently the first to have 'running zombies', 1980) and Theatre of Blood (Vincent Price). I hadn't seen the horrors before, but Nightmare City was a peach, so looking forward to seeing Mr Price in action too. Arrow Films are a UK distributor who specialize in cult/indie/classic cinema, they're like Anchor Bay. In addition to cleaning up the originals for release they license and film new interviews and documentaries too as extras. Even though films and TV and nowhere near video games on my list of interests, I used to watch loads of horrors etc. in my teenage years and Arrow and their labels are rereleasing so many classics on Blu Ray - House series, the original The Crazies by Romero, Tetsuo Bodyhammer/Iron Man, Maniac Cop, Frankenhooker, The Guyver (Mutronics) and Battle Royale to name a few. Just checked their website and they're going to be releasing Heathers :D W00t! Gonna revel in cinematic goodness.

At the minute I'm clearing crap out of my collection, in several cases I've bought anything even vaguely resembling action games when the buying was good (IE when a system's just slipped into being old hat, like the 360/PS3/Wii now), but being honest there's not enough days in the hour for me to think about playing something "in case it's OK". Sod that, I want the kind of stuff I love or the cream of the action crop, not tired also-rans. It's not going to dip my collection much, a hundred at most, but even trading in nearly-worthless games is going to equate to some blu ray goodness or other games - both those horror Blu Rays were only £6 of credit each.

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »
Mostly been on the digital train this month.

From the Steam Summer Sale I picked up the following:
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition
Baldur’s Gate II - Enhanced Edition
Divinity: Original Sin x2 so my gf and I can play it together
Shadowrun Returns - Free from the Humble Store

Nintendo Switch
Hollow Knight
Stardew Valley
Breath of the Wild DLC

XB1
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Sunset Overdrive

I also picked up a 360 battery pack charger and power brick for $6.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 05:01:38 pm »
This was a pretty big week for my PC collection, i first found an offer on Facebook from someone who was almost trowing away his old PC collection (i got almost 120 games for 20€ :o, don't worry not everything will be listed nor shown in the pictures ;)... i haven't had the time to check everything anyway  ::)) then someone who sold me a big lot of PC/Mac/Amiga Big Box last year contacted me again to tell me that he found a few more in his attic (6 big box for 12€, one of them is still sealed... usually i would have opened it already but this one is from 1987 so i'm really hesitating, i will probably try to trade it for a month or two), and finally a few things i found Sunday at a garage sales (a few PS1 and PS2 games like always and then a few more PC games :P, someone had three boxes full of them still new and sealed... almost ten or twenty copies each of the same games but i still found things i didn't had and he even had a few DS and 3DS games still new and sealed in the last box).

PS1

Adiboo and the Green Shadow
Atari Anniversary Edition Redux
Hugo Frog Fighter
Men in Black: Crashdown

PS2

Energy Airforce: Aim Strike!
Enthusia Professional Racing
F1 Career Challenge
FMX: Freestyle Metal X
Richard Burns Rally
Road Trip Adventure
Speed Challenge: Jacques Villeneuves's Racing Vision
Test Drive Unlimited
Twin Caliber

DS

Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay

3DS

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2
Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper
Secrets of the Titanic

PC

From the 120 games lot (just a few of them ;)):

Hits Essentiels 2004/2005 (a few games i didn't had like Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness)
Hits Essentiels 2008/2009 (another Tomb Raider i didn't had on pc: Tomb Raider: Anniversary)
Might & Magic: Heroes Collection
Tomb Raider III: The Last Artifact (i didn't even knew that TR3 got another version with 5 more levels and with all those Tomb Raider games i found lately i really want to replay the old series again)
Unreal Anthology
Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year

The Big Box lot:

Forgotten Realms: Pool of Radiance
Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast
Might and Magic: World of Xeen (this is the Mac version)
Les Visiteurs
Papyrus: Le Secret de la Cité Perdue (i didn't knew they made games based on this series, i'm glad since i loved the animated series as a kid)
Wordtris (that's the sealed game, i don't know anything about collecting old sealed games but in this case the plastic seems to... shrink, the box seems to be compressed by it... i'm really forcing myself to resist the urge to tear off that plastic)

And my loot from the garage sales (all of them were new and sealed so the Steam keys worked just fine ;D):

Citadels
Coffret Aventure (Deponia, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island and Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle. Deponia comes with the physical soundtrack  8))
Dark
Fire Department
The First Templar
Rising Storm
Sniper Elite V2 - Collector's Edition (comes with the first Sniper Elite, most of the DLC, an artbook and the physical soundtrack)
Whispers

I also got three novels on Diablo, a controller adapter for PC/PS3/PS4/Switch (that can connect most of wireless and wired controller to those devices), the Vynil Edition of Good Morning England and a complete version of the Max Payne movie, the one i owned didn't have the slipcover (really cool slipcover by the way, it makes me remember the cover of the first Max Payne game)

tripredacus

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2018, 10:37:25 am »
Yeah well for Wordtris, idk if it is worth opening the box, or at least IDK if having it sealed has any real value either, other than it is sealed after all this time. I'm sure the disk image for that game is available online somewhere that you can try and see if you like it. ;)

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 10:42:03 am »
Finds from last week:
Tetris GB loose .95$
Super Mario Land GB loose .95$
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 PS1 cib .95$
Toy Story 2 PS1 cib .95$
Frogger 2 PS1 cib .95$
Crash Bash PS1 cib .95$
Uno GBC loose .95$
Ms Pacman GBC loose .95$
Project S-11 GBC loose .95$
Street Fighter Alpha GBC loose .95$
Sky Gunner PS2 cib .95$
Spyro Shadow Legacy DS loose .95$
Pokemon White 2 DS loose .95$
Mario Vs Donkey Kong Mini Land Mayhem DS loose .95$
Mario Kart DS loose .95$
Sonic Colors Wii .95$
Kirby's Epic Yarn Wii cib .95$
Mario Kart 7 3DS loose .95$
Call of Duty WW2 PS4 4$

tripredacus

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 12:57:12 pm »
Sometimes when I see games out and about, I will buy them for the sole purpose of making sure they are properly documented on VGC. Here is one example, since I can't read or speak Polish... and normally I would not see a Polish PC game here in the US... Least of all sitting along with the US version!

All of these are thrift gets except Transformers: Devastation, purchased from TRU clearance on the last day.

PC
XS (sealed)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition (Live Gold label)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition [PL]
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition
Twinson's Odyssey
A-10 Cuba!

PS2
NASCAR Dirt to Daytona

Xbox 360
Transformers: Devastation (sealed)

??
NHL Championship 2000 (boot)

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 11:29:25 am »
Wednesday the summer sales have started in France so i thought it was a good time to hit the shops and i did found a few things (everything was new and sealed).

PS4
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (10€)
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition (5€)
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (5€)
Just Cause 3 (9€)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (10€)

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (10€)
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (10€)
Story of Seasons (5€)

WiiU
Yoshi's Woolly World (12,50€)

I also got two Skylanders Creation Crystal (Water and Magic, for 3.96€ and it was a buy one get one free offer) and i found two amiibo: a Mario (Super Mario Bros 30th Anniversary, Modern Colours for 3€) and a Link Rider for 7€ (those Zelda amiibo were normally not in sale but when i see someone filling his cart with all the Zelda Guardians and Detective Pikachu available i started to check the prices and found that all the other amiibo in the shop were at 7€, sadly this was the only one left that i didn't had).

Yeah well for Wordtris, idk if it is worth opening the box, or at least IDK if having it sealed has any real value either, other than it is sealed after all this time. I'm sure the disk image for that game is available online somewhere that you can try and see if you like it. ;)

Yeah i asked around and it seems that the games on PC don't really have a value sealed (except for some particular games), so i think i will keep it sealed for now to see if i can find someone who want to trade it and like you said if i want to play that game, i can find other way to do it anyway.

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 12:21:03 pm »
Just got Super Streetfighter IV for Xbox 360 for £1 which is backwards compatible on Xbox one

spac316

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:42 am »
Just got The Last Guardian for PS4.