Author Topic: Advice on Signatures (what should I get signed)  (Read 807 times)

Advice on Signatures (what should I get signed)
« on: June 08, 2018, 02:10:38 pm »
I'm going to ConnectiCon next month and Steve Blum is gonna be there. Here's the thing, I have nearly a dozen games that he's been in, but I don't know what I should have him sign. I can only get like three things signed at most because it costs money to get a signature so I wanted to see what you guys thing.
Here's what he's been in that I own:

The Bouncer - Kou Leifoh
Killer 7 - Kenjiro Matsuoka
Valkyria Chronicles - Zaka
Mass Effect 2 – Grunt
Vanquish – Robert Burns
Prey – Walther Dahl
Lawbreakers – Faust
God of War – Ares
Madworld – Jack Cayman
Bulletstorm – Grayson Hunt
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War – Sauron
The Punisher - Bullseye

I'm gonna have him sign my Mass Effect Trilogy box because its one of my favorite franchises of all time. After that, I'm torn between whether I should get something signed to increase the value of my collection or because I really like the game.

One thing I'm really torn on is whether I should get my copy of lawbreakers signed. For those of you that don't know, its one of the worst selling games in history and only sold a few thousand copies on launch. The PS4 version literally only had about 300 people playing on launch. The only reason I bought a copy is because it had a limited physical release through limited run games. Now that makes me think it could be really valuable one day because there were so few copies made, on the other hand its a game no one bought and most people forgot existed.

rayne315

Re: Advice on Signatures (what should I get signed)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 03:40:40 pm »
if it helps you any I heard that the lawbreakers servers have already been shut down. so its already a glorified paper weight.

I would probably do god of war, middle earth shadow of mordor, and the bouncer. don't do mass effect 2 if you are already getting the trilogy signed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:43:20 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 04:17:49 pm »
From that list i would go with a Mass Effect (the second game is my favorite but i agree with rayne315, if you already have decided to get a signature on the Mass Effect Trilogy, it would probably be better to choose another game than Mass Effect 2), God of War, Killer7 and maybe .Hack//Infection (it was not the best character in the series but i really liked Sanjuro).

But if I had the chance to go and get something signed by Steven Blum it would be FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, i freaking love that game  8).

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 12:46:14 pm »
Get something signed for YOU, not for value. Most autographs are personalized anyway, so you're not really adding that much value unless you sell your game to someone with the same name.

Make sure it's not the media itself getting signed. You don't want to have to give up an autograph because your game broke.

Leave yourself open to the possibility that the person might have some art cards along specifically for signing- I know for a fact Steve Blum has done this in the past.

But if I had the chance to go and get something signed by Steven Blum it would be FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, i freaking love that game  8).

Apparently, we think alike.

telly

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:51 pm »
If IIIII were you I would have him sign a copy of Ace Combat 5. He was Captain Bartlett in that game. Beau Billingsly was Snow  in that game as well.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery