Author Topic: What should I play?  (Read 3464 times)

scott

Re: What should I play?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:25 am »
I've never played past the 1st level of Ninja Gaiden Shadow, and I've actually never played Balloon Kid. Hmmmm, choices.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:04 pm »
So I got home from work, and was unsure which game to play between Balloon Kid and Ninja Gaiden Shadow. So I used the most scientific approach possible. I dug into the box I have the Game Boy games in and picked which ever one I found first:

I ended up finding Ninja Gaiden Shadow first.

Popped it into my Game Boy Light and started it up. Played through the 1st 3 levels without dying, but with only 1 heath box left on each boss. Then came Stage 4 and the vertical climb with water chasing me... I think I spent 10 minutes dying before I finally got through it. Then came level 5, not too bad, but damn that end boss is a pain in the ass. Ended up not finishing the game, but I played for about an hour and a half.

One thing I don't like about the game is the lack of wall jumps, and the climbing chain instead. I can't tell you how many times I dropped down into bad stuff because I hit A and disconnected myself from the ceiling.

Next time I'll load it up on my Game Boy Player I think. Even with the contrast adjustment, it's is hard to see some of the moving enemies.

darko

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:08 pm »
I'm glad you played it because I was considering picking it up.

Who's next?

scott

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »
ya I bought it a while back, and prolly over paid for it too. But I'd been looking for it for awhile and there was a B2G1 so I guess I did pay less than it was marked.

jcalder8

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 12:16:17 am »
Well I guess I will be the next to go. With the three day weekend coming up I am looking for something to play. I have to have dinner with my parents and then the inlaws so I am looking for something portable. Anything for any Nintendo handheld system is my only guide.

scott

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 12:59:38 am »
Golden Sun on GBA. Should give you a weekend worth of game play.

amauriel

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 01:49:54 am »
The Pokemon Trading Card Game for GBC. It's so random...I dig it out every couple of years and start a new game.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

darko

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:52 am »
I second Golden Sun if you've never played it. It's really well done and it shouldn't take you too terribly long to play through.

scott

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 09:12:30 am »
Reminds me, I need to replace both Golden Sun games for GBA. Like a fool I traded them in, prolly for something stupid.

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »
Reminds me, I need to replace both Golden Sun games for GBA. Like a fool I traded them in, prolly for something stupid.

Aw, those are some of my most cherished CIBs, considering how easy it was for people to destroy those cases.

Getting the 3rd Golden Sun felt kinda of anticlimactic with its hard shell case.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 11:34:31 am »
Looks like I will be putting in some time with Golden Sun this weekend. I think I've put in about an hour before so I will see how far I can get in it.

scott

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »
I loved Golden Sun and put in a good amount of time with it. Trading them in was one of the worst choices I've made.

scott

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 05:06:19 pm »
Looks like I will be putting in some time with Golden Sun this weekend. I think I've put in about an hour before so I will see how far I can get in it.

details!

scott

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 12:25:18 am »
I feel a jones to play some Saturn. But I have over 70 Saturn titles... so give a Saturn game to play tomorrow. I'll play it for the allotted hour or more and report back how I feel about it afterwards, as per the rules.

darko

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 12:34:19 am »
It's got to be Last Bronx.

Also, how on earth do you have games in your collection without artwork? For shame.