Author Topic: My Cross Stitch  (Read 1057 times)

amauriel

My Cross Stitch
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:26 am »
I wouldn't consider either of these my best, but here's what I've got available at the moment to show y'all. (I'll get pictures of the others at some point too.)

I mentioned that I do cross stitch from games...I like the contradiction of the old style art with new media. (But I'm generally retro...more nostalgia and sprites lend themselves well to the art.)

The first one here is the box art from the Super Famicom version of Final Fantasy IV. (Minus the text, of course.) This was maybe the second video game cross stitch I had ever attempted and I obviously didn't know how to photograph them back then...it looks a bit better than what the picture depicts.

The second one here I did for a friend for her wedding. The sprites are Link, Zelda, and a Heart Container from LttP, the quote is from OoT (If you can't read it, I chose "A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time..." It's what Sheik says before she teaches the Bolero of Fire.) Then I did their names, their date, the Hylian Crest, and the border is all gold rupees.

If anyone has any ideas for anything that might do well for a stitching, feel free to pass info on. I've done two Final Fantasy ones and two Zelda ones, so I will be less willing to do those, but I'm up for any ideas.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

darko

Re: My Cross Stitch
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:48:24 am »
Nice work. Much cooler than what my mom used to make :)

How about a Metroid design?

scott

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:54:56 am »
Nice!

How about one of this?  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:58:43 am »
I've definitely never done a Castlevania one. ::wheels turning:: I did the Metroid opening scene (right after she's teleported down and is still facing forward) but Ronalopolis lost it in one of his many moves before we got married.

Most of the others have been RPGs or Zelda.

Edit: Looking at it closer,  that black background would probably make me go mad before I'd have it done. Unless I used black fabric and just stitched the sky...nah, still pretty monotonous in the background...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:00:43 am by amauriel »
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:36:47 am »
Since I beat soera to the thread I will say anything Dragon Warrior/Quest!

These look great btw. I'm amazed at what creative people are capable of doing.

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:16 am »
They look fantastic, especially the Final Fantasy one.  Great work!

soera

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 10:52:00 am »
Since I beat soera to the thread I will say anything Dragon Warrior/Quest!

These look great btw. I'm amazed at what creative people are capable of doing.

Lol you read my mind! I love the final fantasy one however too. :)