Author Topic: How Many Bought A Game New & It's Now Worth More Then Purchase Price  (Read 2357 times)

Re: How Many Bought A Game New & It's Now Worth More Then Purchase Price
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 06:15:34 am »
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, getting that complete (the physical release was LE-only) is much more expensive than when I got it (I pre-ordered it). There's also the LE for Fate/Extra on the PSP which I got a month after that game came out. Some of my GBA games I got as a kid also possibly go for more these days as they're mostly complete, I'm just missing the cardboard insert that held the cartridge for most of them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:21:08 am by bigonanime »

kashell

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 08:30:36 am »
Maybe Valkyrie Profile for the PlayStation?

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 04:12:05 pm »
New meaning sealed or the msrp?

I’ve bought many games on clearance over the years. Suikoden 1 and 2 for $20. Xenogears, Tales of Destiny II for $30. Almost all the expensive games in my collection were purchased when nobody wanted them.

Once I got outta high school, almost everybody I knew stopped collecting/playing video games. I put a crap load of games on EBay, because there wasn’t anybody local I knew to trade with. I saved several listings of games I sold around 15 years ago. Most of the duplicate sealed RPG’s went for around $30-$40 LOL

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 04:15:14 pm »

I’ve bought many games on clearance over the years. Suikoden 1 and 2 for $20. Xenogears, Tales of Destiny II for $30. Almost all the expensive games in my collection were purchased when nobody wanted them.

Once I got outta high school, almost everybody I knew stopped collecting/playing video games. I put a crap load of games on EBay, because there wasn’t anybody local I knew to trade with. I saved several listings of games I sold around 15 years ago. Most of the duplicate sealed RPG’s went for around $30-$40 LOL

I remember around 2006 FF7 black label was worth like $100. I actually had a sealed copy of FF7 Greatest Hits that I bought from a local Sam Goody that was going out of business. Needed so cash and I think i got like $120 for it. I know what you mean though, most of the PS1 JRPGs were dirt cheap around that time and a bit earlier.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 04:55:56 pm »

I remember around 2006 FF7 black label was worth like $100. I actually had a sealed copy of FF7 Greatest Hits that I bought from a local Sam Goody that was going out of business. Needed so cash and I think i got like $120 for it. I know what you mean though, most of the PS1 JRPGs were dirt cheap around that time and a bit earlier.

I definitely remember it. There was a short time there where anything with the name "Final Fantasy" on it was worth something. But FFVII, especially. The ironic part is that most all other retro games at the time were dirt-cheap, like $5 a pop cheap.