Author Topic: What is a new collection thing that would ruin you if you started?  (Read 3210 times)

Re: What is a new collection thing that would ruin you if you started?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 11:22:01 pm »
Id love to collect cars. Not hot wheels like mentioned above ... but actual cars.

I want a Lotus Elise. Id take another Mini cooper (or 3 so that I can have the full Pixels set!). A T-rex. Another Honda Del Sol and Mazda Miata.

What kind of Mini do you have? An older or newer model? :).  I do love Mini Coopers.  I have an especial affinity for the countryman.  Wouldn't mind getting one soon if things line up. :D.

I'm a car guy at heart but not at wallet lol.  ;D

soera

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 12:59:44 am »
2005 S. 6 speed with a supercharger. Blue and have Inky as the license plate.

pizzasafari

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 07:26:04 am »
Maybe not new in the typical definition, but I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards when I was a kid and when I was 18 my mum made me throw all my cards away because she thought I was too old for them, and I've since come to learn how to actually play the actual card game and I really enjoy it, but the thought of all the awesome cards I've lost makes me really really not want to start collecting all over again so that'll have to just stay a pipe dream.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 02:44:23 pm »
Coin or paper currency collecting would break the bank if I got back into it.
I just enjoy seeing the way it changed over the years. It doesn’t take up much room , but can get really expensive when you’re done with the modern stuff.
I would still like to one day have a bank stack in my collection of all bills up to $100. To have that cash laying around not doing anything though, doesn’t make sense.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 07:55:51 pm »
Warhamer figures I've been tempted to start collecting them but must resist.

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 08:59:49 pm »

Never played Warhammer, but I love all the figurines and like doing your own figure painting, so I can understand this one lol

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 11:00:04 pm »

Never played Warhammer, but I love all the figurines and like doing your own figure painting, so I can understand this one lol
I bought a starter set a few years ago and just couldn’t make the time to build paint or play.  I love the idea and the game, just never really make it work.

ffxik

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 11:03:34 pm »
Outside video games it was Magic: The Gathering along with other CCG's and TCG's.  Had been collecting primarily MtG since '97 recently quit because the quality has seriously taken a hit.  I have since picked up board gaming.  It's expensive... :-\

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2018, 02:05:18 am »
I have since picked up board gaming.  It's expensive... :-\

I find it about the same as video game collecting. Sure, there are some expensive ones, but it's pretty easy to bulk up the library with games with large replayability without spending too much.

The main challenge is trying to divide your budget between the two hobbies. I find myself constantly asking myself things like "Do I want to get this RPG I've heard good reviews about, or do I want to grab another expansion for Dominion?".

ffxik

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 11:39:19 am »
I have since picked up board gaming.  It's expensive... :-\

I find it about the same as video game collecting. Sure, there are some expensive ones, but it's pretty easy to bulk up the library with games with large replayability without spending too much.

The main challenge is trying to divide your budget between the two hobbies. I find myself constantly asking myself things like "Do I want to get this RPG I've heard good reviews about, or do I want to grab another expansion for Dominion?".

Isn't that the truth.  I like the deck builders but I have a love for the miniatures games like Descent.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 05:57:48 pm »
I still like to buy legos  from time to time, but it's something I kinda have to pull myself back from getting really into. They're just too expensive.

I usually avoid figurines and such outside of the more collectible ones, but I always get kinda tempted by Star Wars figures and stuff like that..