Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113450 times)

telly

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2018, 08:34:55 am »
Do we even know when this PS4 game will be sold? Is it going to be next week the 14th?

I'm liking this whole deal less and less the more I hear about it  >:(
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2018, 08:57:59 am »
Do we even know when this PS4 game will be sold? Is it going to be next week the 14th?

I'm liking this whole deal less and less the more I hear about it  >:(
This Friday 9am CST/10am EST.

It seems very likely that the title is one of the PS2 on PS4 titles.

telly

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2018, 09:01:51 am »
Ok at least the time has been revealed

Which PS2 titles were on PS4 again? I know Rogue Galaxy was one

EDIT: NVM found this list on Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:14:13 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2018, 12:53:19 pm »
It seems very likely that the title is one of the PS2 on PS4 titles.

If that's true, I'd put my money on the Jak & Daxter trilogy/quadrilogy.

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2018, 01:09:34 pm »
Personally I'd love for it to be Wild Arms 3, but a lot of folks are speculating Parappa the rapper 2.

telly

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2018, 04:09:44 pm »
If it's a PS2 game I'd probably pass since it would't be worth the better visuals and trophy support esp. Since any PS2 game on the PS4 has cheaper options available, save for maybe Dark Cloud 2

Personally I doubt it's Parappa 2. LRG has been hyping up that this is one of the most popular game's they've ever released. That doesn't sound like Parappa to me haha.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »
If it's a PS2 game I'd probably pass since it would't be worth the better visuals and trophy support esp. Since any PS2 game on the PS4 has cheaper options available, save for maybe Dark Cloud 2

Personally I doubt it's Parappa 2. LRG has been hyping up that this is one of the most popular game's they've ever released. That doesn't sound like Parappa to me haha.
They've back peddled many times stating that this isn't the most popular game they've ever released, stating that this release is a big deal because of the partnership it establishes.

Flashback2012

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2018, 04:19:12 pm »

You give them far too much credit. It wouldn't be the first time they've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hell, going away from the pre-order to the set number + going the whole mysterious entry route reeks of them trying to catch that lightning in a bottle again over their releases. I hope it's a one-off thing and not the new normal because I need a little bit more time than the last freaking minute to decide if I want to drop $75 on a CE.  >:(

telly

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2018, 04:45:23 pm »

They've back peddled many times stating that this isn't the most popular game they've ever released, stating that this release is a big deal because of the partnership it establishes.

I mean I was basing that off their listing on the site, which still says "this is one of the most well-known games we have ever released". I still would not consider Parappa 2 worthy of that description xD

Quote from: Flashback2012
You give them far too much credit. It wouldn't be the first time they've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hell, going away from the pre-order to the set number + going the whole mysterious entry route reeks of them trying to catch that lightning in a bottle again over their releases. I hope it's a one-off thing and not the new normal because I need a little bit more time than the last freaking minute to decide if I want to drop $75 on a CE.  >:(

Yeah it really bothers me that they're not doing preorders now; if they were, I would feel much better about the secrecy because at least you would have the time to make a decision whether to buy it or not. I just feels very crummy to me :(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:47:43 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

telly

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2018, 10:11:21 am »
It ended up being Jak and Daxter. Definitely passed on it: I already own the game on PS2, and if I really wanted an HD version of the game I would just buy the HD trilogy on PS3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Also I'm hearing the PS4 build of the game doesn't run as good anyway since it's emulated quality, which is a double the reason to pass on it. I don't know if that's true though.

EDIT 2: Looks like from the blog post they aim to release all four classic Jak and Daxter PlayStation 2 games on the PS4. Talking about milking it for all you've got. I like how that post says it's "preserving" these games. Please.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:43:11 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

Flashback2012

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2018, 02:13:23 pm »
It ended up being Jak and Daxter. Definitely passed on it: I already own the game on PS2, and if I really wanted an HD version of the game I would just buy the HD trilogy on PS3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Also I'm hearing the PS4 build of the game doesn't run as good anyway since it's emulated quality, which is a double the reason to pass on it. I don't know if that's true though.

EDIT 2: Looks like from the blog post they aim to release all four classic Jak and Daxter PlayStation 2 games on the PS4. Talking about milking it for all you've got. I like how that post says it's "preserving" these games. Please.

OOF. LOL Talk about a let down and a half. Waiting till the last minute to reveal that it was just a remaster of Jak & Daxter. It's not "don't you guys phones?!" bad but it's up there IMHO.  :P

I did go ahead and put in for a regular edition but seeing the reveal a few minutes prior on their forums made it super easy to avoid buying the CE. I kind of feel for the guys like theflea who'll end up spending $225-300 on those CEs when it's all said and done. Speaking of subsequent games/releases, I assume they're putting out Jak 1-3 and Jak X: Combat Racing a port/remaster of Lost Frontier from the PSP, or is it possibly the stand-alone Daxter game?.

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2018, 02:52:38 pm »
Jak 2, 3 and X: Combat Racing are slated for June.

argyle

« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2018, 07:13:51 am »
Ugh, LRG just keeps getting sleezier. I'm pretty they can't claim they're "helping preserve" Jak & Daxter, this is just a blatant fleecing. $120 shipped for 4 PS2 games, and that's assuming you just get the standard editions.  ::)

And it looks like Dust has become their newest game to get endless delays. And the more big corporate tie-ins they get, the less I buy their excuses for these long waits after purchase. You'd think they'd have this whole thing figured out by now, right? Maybe at least wait until the physical game is finalized & has an ESRB rating before selling it? Just a thought...
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2018, 09:36:44 am »
Celeste (PS4/NS) and Windjammers (NS) coming from LRG in the coming weeks.

New PSV games from Play-Asia Super Destronaut and I am the Hero coming later this week.

Updated OP.

EDIT: Updated OP 2nd post to include the new company Warned Collectors.  Based in France (like Red Art Games) seemingly doing PEGI releases of titles.  Already have a lot of heat on them because their first announce releases were re-releases of recently released LRG and SLG titles (specifically Furi and Pankapu)  They have since pulled the Furi (NS) and Pankapu (PS4) releases, possibly because of threats to devs from LRG/SLG that caused the devs to back out of their deals with Warned Collectors... possibly to just push off the releases so they aren't so close to recent releases... who knows.

Like Red Art, they have no backing from a reputable company, are based in France, and don't seem to know what they are doing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:06:18 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2018, 01:59:28 am »
Well, this week I purchased both Super Destronaut DX and I Am The Hero for my Vita from EastAsiaSoft, and today ordered Hyper Sentinel for the PS4 from Strictly Limited. That’s the extent of my limited purchases this month. Nothing from LRG for me until Celeste next month.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)