Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113435 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2019, 12:04:09 pm »
Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human releases tomorrow from Hard Copy Games.  12pm EST and 6pm EST.

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon (NS/PS4/PS Vita) and A Hole New World (PS4) announced from LRG for next friday March 15th.

Pato Box went up for preorder on Play-asia this morning for PS Vita and Switch.

Fairune collection goes up next week on sale at Super Rare Games.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:08:16 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2019, 12:11:18 pm »
Hmm is Bloodstained Curse of the Moon any good? Looks interesting.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2019, 01:06:04 pm »
Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human releases tomorrow from Hard Copy Games.  12pm EST and 6pm EST.

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon (NS/PS4/PS Vita) and A Hole New World (PS4) announced from LRG for next friday March 15th.

Pato Box went up for preorder on Play-asia this morning for PS Vita and Switch.

Fairune collection goes up next week on sale at Super Rare Games.

The first batch for Aquatic Adventure went up just now at 1PM EST. I originally thought it was 10AM like LRG so I set my alarm for then. Saw this post before laying down so I re-adjusted my alarm. When I got up and went to the site, I saw the correct time so I set my alarm a 3rd time. Finally ordered but my sleep for the day is borked so going in tonight is going to be Fuuuuuuuuuuuun.  :-\

« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2019, 06:33:39 pm »
It's a fun but short homage to NES era Castlevania. It's rather easy (or possibly, simply not full of bullshit like the NES games) so you notice the briefness of it. It perfectly fits its $10 price tag, if LRG puts it up for more than $20 with no significant content added, I can't say it'd be worth it.

Flashback2012

« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2019, 08:37:33 pm »
It's a fun but short homage to NES era Castlevania. It's rather easy (or possibly, simply not full of bullshit like the NES games) so you notice the briefness of it. It perfectly fits its $10 price tag, if LRG puts it up for more than $20 with no significant content added, I can't say it'd be worth it.

They had pricing for the CE in the email set at $54.99. They usually price those around $25-30 over what they charge for the regular editions so expect those to be $30-35 for PS4/Vita and Switch.

argyle

« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2019, 04:33:01 am »

It has a fair amount of replay value tho - branching paths, multiple characters to switch between and quite a few different endings.

Also keep in mind they confirmed this will be one that Best Buy carries as well.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2019, 09:42:58 am »

It has a fair amount of replay value tho - branching paths, multiple characters to switch between and quite a few different endings.

Also keep in mind they confirmed this will be one that Best Buy carries as well.

Thank goodness!

I was worried this would be one of those 5000 copies and then it's gone releases.

telly

« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2019, 10:30:04 am »
Hmm might be one that I pick up! :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2019, 11:54:58 am »
Hollow Knight available for preorder from Fangamer on PS4/NS/PC.  PS4/NS standard versions will be available at Best Buy.  CE exclusive to Fangamer.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/hollow-knight-switch-ps4-pc-collectors-edition-game

telly

« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2019, 01:05:29 pm »
Definitely will be picking that up. Any idea how long pre orders go until?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2019, 01:28:24 pm »
Definitely will be picking that up. Any idea how long pre orders go until?
Presumably... forever.

The Messenger goes up for preorder March 19th from SRG (PS4/NS)

argyle

« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2019, 02:57:54 pm »
Hollow Knight will be at BB huh? Good, that's one I can wait on & save a few bucks (my GCU membership still has another year left on it). 

The Messenger is a must-buy. On the fence about Fairune, has anyone played any of those games? There's definitely bang for the buck in that set w/ the number of games included, but if they aren't that great to begin with then it doesn't matter.

Also, what's the word on Warned Collectors? Are they reliable?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2019, 04:02:08 pm »
Hollow Knight will be at BB huh? Good, that's one I can wait on & save a few bucks (my GCU membership still has another year left on it). 

The Messenger is a must-buy. On the fence about Fairune, has anyone played any of those games? There's definitely bang for the buck in that set w/ the number of games included, but if they aren't that great to begin with then it doesn't matter.

Also, what's the word on Warned Collectors? Are they reliable?
Hollow Knight will allegedly also be available at GameStop and possibly other retailers too, full retail release... I guess.

Messenger will have free shipping from SRG, open preorder for 2 weeks.  Allegedly LRG will also be running open preorder on it, but no free shipping and presumably an LRG upcharge on it.

I don't know much about Fairune, but it looked like a game I and my wife would like, so I'm in.

No real info on Warned Collectors, there were some murmurs from the LRG folks that they are scammers, but they said the same thing about Red Art Games and they seem to be a solid company (with subpar titles :boom:).  WC looks to have some cool stuff down the pipe, but who knows.

Zombie Night Terrors went up for preorder today from Warned Collectors.

Guacamelee from LEadman will include all DLC.  DLC on disc for PS4 and DLC as download codes for GM2 on Switch with GM1 DLC on cart.

Lichtspeer has been swapped to be HCG#2 since Elliot's Quest is being delayed for a patch.

Bendy and the ink machine is no longer a GS exclusive.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:08:03 pm by ignition365 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2019, 10:18:05 am »
Gotta give Hard Copy Games credit, the game Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human went up for sale on the 8th and it took about a week for the game to show up. Mebbe they can learn LRG a thing or two.  :P

Speaking of LRG, looks like the fervor is still alive and well with this week's releases. Got dropped into the queue to check out and was mildly worried my Vita version might sell out but luckily it didn't. Still...bot the regular and CE versions went pretty fast. They have to be coming up on the end of the road for Vita releases, no?  :-\

« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:49 am »
Gotta give Hard Copy Games credit, the game Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human went up for sale on the 8th and it took about a week for the game to show up. Mebbe they can learn LRG a thing or two.  :P

Speaking of LRG, looks like the fervor is still alive and well with this week's releases. Got dropped into the queue to check out and was mildly worried my Vita version might sell out but luckily it didn't. Still...bot the regular and CE versions went pretty fast. They have to be coming up on the end of the road for Vita releases, no?  :-\
I think they have releases on Vita planned through the end of this year and into next year.  They'll have all Vita stock on hand in the next month or so, but nothing will go up for sale until later.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-15-the-high-cost-of-a-wii-u-retail-release

Axiom Verge on Wii U finally confirmed from LRG.  Sale on March 29th.

Also announced is Bomb Chicken for PS4/NS from LRG.  Sale also on March 29th.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:50:35 pm by ignition365 »