Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113436 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2018, 03:27:44 pm »
Yeah, I think stuff like Soedesco and Natsume are weird because they aren't explicitly Amazon exclusives, it just worked out that way.

Play-asia has announced Devious Dungeon for sale on PS4 and PS Vita (1,000 and 1,250 copies respectively).  Goes up for sale on August 9th.

Oxenfree now up for preorder.  Exile's End is currently still available if you were thinking about bundling.

Rabi-ribi date pushed back to October.  Devious Dungeon announced from eastasiasoft.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:02:34 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2018, 12:25:58 pm »
Ruiner up for sale on SRG's website.

argyle

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 09:40:37 am »
I'm concerned some of these places are - either on purpose or inadvertently - trying to con us into double dipping on some of these games. For example, I know Phantom Breaker is out for the Switch as well, so what are the odds that LRG announces a Switch release after the PS4/Vita release is done? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2018, 10:31:51 am »
I'm concerned some of these places are - either on purpose or inadvertently - trying to con us into double dipping on some of these games. For example, I know Phantom Breaker is out for the Switch as well, so what are the odds that LRG announces a Switch release after the PS4/Vita release is done?
They've kind of hinted that they'll be doing a Switch release next year of Phantom Breaker.

soera

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:58 am »
Im pretty sure they are not intended to make people double dip. I know Douglas has seemed shocked and/or pissed at a few of the redos (I know Ghost Blade was a touchy one for him).

Ive bit on the double dip a few times. I wanted to keep both my LRG and Play Asia set complete so I have 2 copies of RIVE for example. Ys Origin got released with an Asian/English version before the LRG one was actually announced so I have 2 copies of that game well. Wonder boy seems to have 3 different versions eventually.

Its a nightmare already to keep up with all the indie releases already without mentioning multiple companies releasing the same game.

desocietas

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2018, 12:43:13 pm »
Im pretty sure they are not intended to make people double dip. I know Douglas has seemed shocked and/or pissed at a few of the redos (I know Ghost Blade was a touchy one for him).

Ive bit on the double dip a few times. I wanted to keep both my LRG and Play Asia set complete so I have 2 copies of RIVE for example. Ys Origin got released with an Asian/English version before the LRG one was actually announced so I have 2 copies of that game well. Wonder boy seems to have 3 different versions eventually.

Its a nightmare already to keep up with all the indie releases already without mentioning multiple companies releasing the same game.

I totally know what you mean. I think collector's are going to get burnt out on all these sporadic releases, and I'm glad that LRG is trying to be more conscientious about releasing the same game on different platforms too close together.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2018, 12:53:39 pm »
SRG casually confirmed Messenger physical is coming.  They hinted that Switch was coming, but no confirmed platforms really

Super Rare also confirmed that Mutant Mudds collection goes on sale August 20th.

soera

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2018, 05:48:30 pm »

I totally know what you mean. I think collector's are going to get burnt out on all these sporadic releases, and I'm glad that LRG is trying to be more conscientious about releasing the same game on different platforms too close together.

Im probably the only person on the planet still working towards that complete PS4 set, lmao. Ive seen lots of collectors drop out of the race.

argyle

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2018, 05:49:27 pm »

Well having more than one company release a game is a bit different. I'm talking about when some of these guys release a game for Switch that they previously already released for ps4/vita, and it was already out on the Switch at the time. If they're hinting that Phantom Breaker will get a Switch release, I'll gamble and wait.

One good thing about there being so many of these games getting physical releases now is that the number of people trying for complete collections is seriously dwindling. That means many of these games don't hold their value on the secondary market. I picked up Flinthook and Lili for the PS4 on Ebay about a month ago, both sealed, and paid less than they originally sold for on LRG. And I'm currently addicted to Flinthook, so I'm very glad I was able to grab it. :)

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:46 am »
Devious Dungeon goes up for sale in a few hours.
https://bit.ly/2vCS9zh

Doug has seemingly hinted that LRG will be doing their own release of Bard's Tale Remastered.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:08:29 pm by ignition365 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2018, 04:23:46 pm »
Just curious but are those 4 different versions of Phantom Breaker that are going to be released tomorrow or 2 regular editions and 2 collector's edition. They're not titled the same so it's kind of confusing me.  :-\

soera

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2018, 05:10:54 pm »
Its only 2 versions. PS4 and Vita. CE and Standard.

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2018, 05:15:20 pm »
PS Vita game is called Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds.  PS4 game is called Phantom breaker battle grounds over drive.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0745-PCSE00458_00-PBBG0APPLICATION
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0745-CUSA02934_00-PBBG0APPLICATION

Technically two different games.  Hence the different titles.

Flashback2012

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2018, 06:18:07 pm »
Thanks soera and ignition365. Not sure why it was throwing me off, it looked like to me the regular edition was worded differently than the CE but looking again, I see they're the same game (aside from the extras). I plan to grab both PS4 and Vita but debating if I want to drop an extra $70 for the CEs.  :P

argyle

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 12:18:04 pm »
Doug has seemingly hinted that LRG will be doing their own release of Bard's Tale Remastered.

Is this the PS2-era "not really" Bard's Tale game, or the remaster that's being worked on of the 80's original?