Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113430 times)

desocietas

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 08:07:17 pm »
I can't believe they're rebooting the Bard's Tale - I mean don't get me wrong, horses for courses, but how many gamers are seriously itching for that one to get remade out of all the games from the GC/Xbox/PS2 era? It's just so random.

Hehe, totally understandable. I imagine there were some folks interested seeing as Bard's Tale IV will be out soonish. Makes sense to try to drum up some interest again in the series before then.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shfan

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 05:16:27 am »
Ah! Now it makes sense, thanks for that  ;D

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 12:09:00 pm »
Candle: The power of the flame added to Signature editions games.  Likely will go full ESRB retail, minus the Signature edition contents.

Shifted some stuff to the second post and added Nicalis and Skybound Games.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:38:04 pm by ignition365 »

rayne315

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 02:04:20 pm »
thank you ignition for doing this by the way! its significantly more convenient as it includes every limited release title and will actually be updated!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 02:14:11 pm »
If anyone notices I have incorrect information, please correct me.  I know I have quite a bit of stuff with "??" because I couldn't find such information through basic non-thorough searching.  I'll try to do more thorough searching as the OP gets cleaned up.  Plan to reformat the images to be more friendly as they are still quite large.

rayne315

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 05:56:22 pm »
If anyone notices I have incorrect information, please correct me.  I know I have quite a bit of stuff with "??" because I couldn't find such information through basic non-thorough searching.  I'll try to do more thorough searching as the OP gets cleaned up.  Plan to reformat the images to be more friendly as they are still quite large.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (ps4) 4500 copies
Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Vita) 3500 copies
also there were 750 pulled from each of those numbers for 1500 Dad editions (if it maters) so it would make them 3750 ps4 and 2750 for vita

Shadow Complex Remastered (PS4) 6900 copies

PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

argyle

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 09:47:29 pm »
Very nice Ignition, thanks for compiling all of this for us! :D

BTW, does anyone have any idea what the mystery LRG game is going to be this Friday? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 10:15:52 pm »
Updated the LRG section to add numbers for Exile's End, Everspace, and the Mystery game.

Rumor has it, the mystery game might be Bastion.  I'm skeptical.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (ps4) 4500 copies
Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Vita) 3500 copies
also there were 750 pulled from each of those numbers for 1500 Dad editions (if it maters) so it would make them 3750 ps4 and 2750 for vita

Shadow Complex Remastered (PS4) 6900 copies
Thank you for correcting me on the PS4 Octodad, I didn't double check Abe's info from the old LRG thread.

Shadow Complex is 7,500.  Only 6,900 were put up for sale, but 7,500 were printed.  600 went to Epic games or something.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:38:32 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 11:03:58 am »
Fair warning to anyone interested in Salt and Sanctuary.  Full Retail release coming for Switch later this year.  I presume it is somehow more complete than the planned LRG release.

https://ska-studios.com/2018/07/25/salt-and-sanctuary-coming-to-nintendo-switch-august-2nd-2/

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 11:08:43 am »
Fair warning to anyone interested in Salt and Sanctuary.  Full Retail release coming for Switch later this year.  I presume it is somehow more complete than the planned LRG release.

https://ska-studios.com/2018/07/25/salt-and-sanctuary-coming-to-nintendo-switch-august-2nd-2/

Oh, that is good to know!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 04:49:55 pm »
Updated Nicalis.

Planning to figure something out to put up on the top of the OP to track immediate or upcoming releases across all companies.

Severed (PS Vita) goes up 10am CDT tomorrow morning at Play-Asia.

LRG just announced the August 3rd Switch title will be Oxenfree.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:01:27 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 06:16:02 pm »
What could be the differences between the PS4 and Switch versions of S&S? If they aren't much different I'll probably get the PS4 version but of the Switch version is better than I'll hold off.

And I'll still definitely get Spelunky because that game is fantastic.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 06:36:15 pm »
LRG just announced the August 3rd Switch title will be Oxenfree.

Ooo, nice! I have the CE from iam8bit, but even that didn't have a physical game at the time... :/ This will be a nice complement!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 06:41:40 pm »
What could be the differences between the PS4 and Switch versions of S&S? If they aren't much different I'll probably get the PS4 version but of the Switch version is better than I'll hold off.

And I'll still definitely get Spelunky because that game is fantastic.
Sounds like the Switch release will be branded as the Drowned Tome edition.  Sounds... special.

telly

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 09:27:24 pm »
Oooo that does sound special. Guess I'll hold off on the PS4 version unless something changes.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery