Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113439 times)

desocietas

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2018, 10:00:41 pm »
Is the focus here console games or do PC ones count too? There's a small publisher called Screen 7 http://www.screen7.co.uk/#!/home, who specialize in adventure games, they have an online shop with limited physical editions of some of their games http://www.screen7.co.uk/treasure/, frankly they're likely to be much smaller runs than most of these 'limited run' games for PS4 etc.

The only problem is they only ship to North America at the minute (strange, for a UK company), but I've took delivery of the 5-disc version of The Cat Lady today by using a third party to repackage and ship to me (UK). I was very pleased to receive it though :D The Cat Lady looks like a fantastic horror game.

Cat Lady is a classic! Hadn't heard of Screen7 - thanks for passing along the info :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shfan

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2018, 03:58:52 am »
My pleasure  :)

argyle

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2018, 05:20:15 am »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2018, 08:52:30 am »
Just a question about what has been the consistent practice (if there has been one) for "release dates" on items that have limited releases or pre-orders. When the actual production/shipping date is unknown, have we just been using the date of first sale as the "release date"?
I would do the release date as the sale date just because they don't consistently make releases arrive at the same time for everyone.

Is the focus here console games or do PC ones count too? There's a small publisher called Screen 7 http://www.screen7.co.uk/#!/home, who specialize in adventure games, they have an online shop with limited physical editions of some of their games http://www.screen7.co.uk/treasure/, frankly they're likely to be much smaller runs than most of these 'limited run' games for PS4 etc.

The only problem is they only ship to North America at the minute (strange, for a UK company), but I've took delivery of the 5-disc version of The Cat Lady today by using a third party to repackage and ship to me (UK). I was very pleased to receive it though :D The Cat Lady looks like a fantastic horror game.
PC collecting is super niche, I haven't been tracking it.

desocietas

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2018, 07:07:09 pm »
Just a question about what has been the consistent practice (if there has been one) for "release dates" on items that have limited releases or pre-orders. When the actual production/shipping date is unknown, have we just been using the date of first sale as the "release date"?
I would do the release date as the sale date just because they don't consistently make releases arrive at the same time for everyone.

Cool, I think that's the best course of action as well, at least for LRG items. Delays happen during their shipping process, and yeah, everyone receives their items at the same time.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:30 am »
So my on the nose guess was correct.  8-bit Adventure Anthology Volume 1 coming this friday along side Broken Age and presumably Dragon's Lair Trilogy.

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2018, 03:09:13 pm »
Dragon's lair pushed off (obviously)
Huge Project delayed to next month or further, allegedly 30 days notice is legally required for sales that go to charity... allegedly.
PS4/PS Vita game for the 26th is announced to be Dragon Sinker.

argyle

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2018, 05:11:02 pm »
Good, with the delay of the "big unknown", and with me having already put down my order for the Play-Asia PS4 game of the month, I think I'm clear for a few weeks. Think I'm gonna invest some money in some upcoming Asian-English releases I want during the lull - the 2 Psikyo shmup collections for the Switch, the Capcom beat-em-up collection also for the Switch, and the Asterix & Obelix remake for the PS4.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2018, 01:34:22 pm »
Dragon's Lair Trilogy is 99% for sure happening tomorrow.

Possible title going up on Halloween.

Double Switch (PS4) goes up for open pre-order November 2nd-16th.

desocietas

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2018, 04:40:30 pm »

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2018, 12:51:08 pm »
I really wanted the Laser Disc bundle of Dragon's Lair.  I just couldn't justify spending $75 on it.  Then, where do I keep something that big?

telly

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2018, 12:53:02 pm »
I wanted Dragon's Lair just to have it, but I doubt it would have seen much play
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »
I wanted Dragon's Lair just to have it, but I doubt it would have seen much play

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I couldn't justify the price of the CE personally either. I expect a Switch version at some point - might get in on it at that point, but I'm not too bothered either way.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2018, 01:25:05 pm »
https://mailchi.mp/limitedrungames/limited-run-games-at-best-buy

Details about LRG's partnership with Best Buy.

telly

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2018, 03:09:36 pm »
I've heard some people complaining a lot but it doesn't bother me at all. I buy LRG because I like physical things. Could care less about the "limited" nature of it all.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery