Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113513 times)

desocietas

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2018, 03:12:20 pm »
I've heard some people complaining a lot but it doesn't bother me at all. I buy LRG because I like physical things. Could care less about the "limited" nature of it all.

Yeah, the items are still limited from what it looks like in that email. It's such a small number, I feel like there will just be more folks complaining that it wasn't available from Best Buy 'cause stuff sold out or wasn't in their store...  ::)

But yeah, it doesn't bother me. I'm just curious about what the other covers will look like.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2018, 04:58:58 pm »
LRG announced To The Top (PSVR) for sale Nov 7th.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1055913899164360705

Night Trap for Vita Next friday Nov 2nd.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:00:37 pm by ignition365 »

argyle

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2018, 03:03:07 am »
I've heard some people complaining a lot but it doesn't bother me at all. I buy LRG because I like physical things. Could care less about the "limited" nature of it all.

I agree, but the backlash had to be expected when they have built their entire business model on the limited nature of these games. It's why they can release absolute trash and it still sells out.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2018, 08:36:31 am »
LRG announced that the 3rd Best Buy Switch title will be available for sale at Best Buy before LRG puts it up for sale.  Expected to be available in January.

Siralim 2 (PS4/PS Vita) this Friday Nov 2nd.

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2018, 02:08:03 pm »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1058044017273786369
Grim Fandango up for pre-order on iam8bit.

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2018, 08:05:05 am »
Battle Chef Brigade announced for PS4/NS.  Collector's Edition will be available.  Goes on sale this Friday.

Rabi-Ribi will also go on sale this Friday.  An add-on item containing the CE contents from the PC release will also be available.

Allegedly Accounting+ was accidentally confirmed to be coming from LRG during a recent stream.

In non LRG news.  Déraciné (FromSoftware) released exclusively at Gamestop yesterday... and Home Sweet Home also exclusive to Gamestop release some point last month.

« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2018, 11:24:51 am »
https://twitter.com/REDARTGAMES/status/1060562649052798976

Red Art Games third title is whatever this is.  Demetrios PS4/PS Vita 999 copies.

Test your luck with the unproven Red Art Games.

I will once again warn that Red Art Games founder was originally a customer of LRG who had repeatedly performed chargebacks and purchased above limits to scalp titles.  They have yet to ship out or sell out of a game, and I would highly recommend staying away from them until they manage to produce orders for folks who already placed orders.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:47:35 am by ignition365 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2018, 02:35:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/REDARTGAMES/status/1060562649052798976

Red Art Games third title is whatever this is.  Demetrios PS4/PS Vita 999 copies.

Test your luck with the unproven Red Art Games.

I will once again warn that Red Art Games founder was originally a customer of LRG who had repeatedly performed chargebacks and purchased above limits to scalp titles.  They have yet to ship out or sell out of a game, and I would highly recommend staying away from them until they manage to produce orders for folks who already placed orders.

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:04 am »
Hi,

As the developer of Demetrios who has worked with both LRG and Red Art Games (I ported and published Xenon Valkyrie+ to consoles and it got a release through LRG), I can tell you Red Art is legit. I don't know where those rumors come from but we've done a lot of work for this release. I've signed a contract similar to what LRG made me sign, submitted for new product codes and new builds to Sony, submitted for PEGI, even prepared a manual. They hired someone to design the required box art, someone else for the communication...

If they weren't legit they wouldn't go through all this trouble, don't you think?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:54:26 am by cowcat »

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2018, 09:04:48 am »
Hi,

As the developer of Demetrios who has worked with both LRG and Red Art Games (I ported and published Xenon Valkyrie+ to consoles and it got a release through LRG), I can tell you Red Art is legit. I don't know where those rumors come from but we've done a lot of work for this release. I've signed a contract similar to what LRG made me sign, submitted for new product codes and new builds to Sony, even prepared a manual. They hired someone to design the required box art, someone else for the communication...

If they weren't legit they wouldn't go through all this trouble, don't you think?
The information came directly from LRG.

I will not give RAG the benefit of the doubt, nor will I change my recommendation until they prove themselves by shipping a title. 

Rumors aside, other companies have the backing of being attached to existing companies with provable results.  LRG -> Mighty Rabbit, Super Rare -> Curve Digital, EAS -> Play-Asia/EAS, SRG -> Devolver Digital, SLG -> United Games (German company), HCG -> Severed Press, GameFairy -> Headup Games, Signature Edition -> Merge Games, etc. 

If RAG has a parent company with a proven track record, by all means provide that information, because they sure haven't.

« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2018, 05:30:19 am »
I know they have a physical store in Paris (can't remember which one though but they told me so a while ago) so yes, they have a parent company too.

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2018, 03:12:18 pm »
Headlander announced for sale on Dec 7th from LRG.  Not the big charity game.

argyle

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2018, 11:22:04 am »
I got an email from LRG yesterday announcing their variant cover edition of Special Reserve Games' release of Enter the Gungeon going on sale. I somehow got removed from SRG's mailing list - I'm guessing during the Ruiner kerfuffle - so I didn't know they had put this one out. Promptly went to their site & bought EtG from them. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2018, 08:19:27 am »
Headlander for PS4 announced and Shantae Pirates Curse for Switch announced for Switch.  Entirely possible that Risky's Revenge will come down the line if this sells well enough.

The BIGGEST GAME EVER PS4 game that has been hyped for months will no longer be open preorder, limited to 5,000 standard copies and 2,500 CE copies.  Game will be announced on the PS Blog the morning of the sale.  LRG claims to not know when the blog will go up, could be 15 minutes before the sale, could be 10, could be 5, could be simultaneous, could be well after the game has sold out.

Edit: Game is also no longer a for charity thing.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:01:35 pm by ignition365 »