Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113499 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2019, 08:27:29 am »
Ghoul Boy announced by EAS/Play-asia for PS4/Vita.  Don't know if Light Tracer from LRG was ever mentioned, but that's tomorrow.

LRG announced ToeJam and Earl for this friday along with Oddworld Stranger's Wrath on PS3, their first PS3 release.  I'll wait to add the PS3 title to the list until we find out if it is part of the same numbering as PS4/Vita or if it's its own run.

GameTrust will be releasing Trine Series 1-3 for Switch exclusively through Gamestop.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:45:21 am by ignition365 »

argyle

« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2019, 03:45:37 pm »
Q.U.B.E. 2 for Switch went up for preorder from Super Rare Games this morning - there are only 23% left in stock as of this posting.

https://superraregames.com/products/srg-13-q-u-b-e-2-switch

I also dropped $5 down on the Trine trilogy at lunch. I'm in for Toejam & Earl from LRG, but I'll wait until next month both because this month has been SUPER expensive, and because they may put up another preorder before this one ends where I can combine shipping.

EDIT: Oh, and remember that Battle Chef Brigade, also for the Switch, comes out through Best Buy this Friday!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2019, 09:06:12 am »
PS3 games are part of the PS set, as expected, so oddworld is Release #244.

Ghoul Boy goes on sale soon from Play-asia/EAS.

« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2019, 05:02:29 am »
Next week Limited Run Games are going all out for fighting game fans.

- The King of Fighters ‘97: Global Match (PS4/Vita). A CE is also available that includes a custom NeoGeo shock box from Fangamer.

- Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai (PS4). Looks like the game will also include a separate OST as part of the deal.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

argyle

« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2019, 10:10:17 am »
Just a heads up, this was including in their Toejam & Earl release email they sent out yesterday:

Best Buy will be receiving 7,000 copies of this game on Switch from us with a different, non-foil, cover. Best Buy's copies will not be available until a later date and will likely not overlap our own preorder window. Please understand that if you sit out on our open window in order to try and secure a copy through Best Buy, you may be left empty handed. Best Buy also has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Opt to wait at your own risk.

There's a lot of CYA in that message, but I'm confident enough now to wait - especially since it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did miss out on TJ&E. If I can get the game for cheaper (my Gamer's Club Unlocked membership is still active for another year) AND not have my money tied up for months waiting on the game to get made, then I'll happily wait.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

Flashback2012

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2019, 10:12:04 am »
Took it a minute before the "Add Cart" button showed up on the screen for the LRG releases this morning. Best I can tell, they decided at the last minute to make a new bundle with the CE versions and a hat.  ::)

Almost went CE on Koihime but talked myself out of it as I didn't think the items in the CE merited another $35. I would have paid $50.  :P

Grousing about how LRG does things aside, it's been a pretty decent month in terms of releases.  ;)

« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2019, 11:02:18 pm »
For you Kemco RPG lovers (whoever you are), LRG are releasing Chronus Arc for PS4 and Vita next Friday, March 1.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2019, 03:47:56 pm »
LRG announces The Escapists: The complete edition for sale this friday for Switch.

argyle

« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2019, 12:25:23 pm »
FYI, while not limited releases Play-Asia is selling Asian English physical copies of both World of Final Fantasy Maxima and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! for the Switch. WoFFM comes out this week while CMDEB comes out next month. They are priced $46 & $47 respectively, and my order for both only cost $10 to ship to the US. Use code GEMATSU to knock $3 off.  Seeing as this is the only way to get these games physically for the Switch, I figured someone here might be interested. :)

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2019, 08:37:07 am »
FYI, while not limited releases Play-Asia is selling Asian English physical copies of both World of Final Fantasy Maxima and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! for the Switch. WoFFM comes out this week while CMDEB comes out next month. They are priced $46 & $47 respectively, and my order for both only cost $10 to ship to the US. Use code GEMATSU to knock $3 off.  Seeing as this is the only way to get these games physically for the Switch, I figured someone here might be interested. :)
Nevermind.  Someone would need to confirm if the JP version has english text.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:39:14 am by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:17 am »

The versions I'm seeing on play Asia's site have English and Asian languages listed
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:16 am »

The versions I'm seeing on play Asia's site have English and Asian languages listed
Righto, but I'm talking about the [JAPAN] release, not the [ASIAN ENGLISH]

telly

« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2019, 10:46:14 am »
I guess I'm confused, why would it matter if it's JP vs Asian?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2019, 11:42:38 am »
I guess I'm confused, why would it matter if it's JP vs Asian?
Because if the JP version has English text, you can get it cheaper and quicker through Amazon JP as opposed to Play Asia.

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2019, 11:01:41 pm »
EastAsiaSoft have announced Pato Box will go on sale for Vita/Switch this Thursday, as always exclusively through Play-Asia.com.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)