Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113514 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2019, 08:47:13 pm »
PS4 only physical release from Special Reserve Games for Metal Wolf Chaos XD.

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/metal-wolf-chaos-xd-ps4-limited-run-physical-edition-announced

« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2019, 08:55:01 pm »
I am so upset about missing Battle Garegga! This game flew completely under my radar at the time it went up. If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price I'd be more than interested. Thanks.

Are there any officially partnered shops in your area that carry LRG releases? If not, I can check as I know one guy locally and one guy in Columbus are partnered with them.

There is a retro game store that gets them in, but they jack the prices up to whatever they're selling for on ebay; they don't sell them at MSRP almost ever. Other than that, no one else carries them. If you wouldn't mind doing that I'd be eternally grateful!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:14:08 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2019, 12:15:35 am »
I am so upset about missing Battle Garegga! This game flew completely under my radar at the time it went up. If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price I'd be more than interested. Thanks.

Are there any officially partnered shops in your area that carry LRG releases? If not, I can check as I know one guy locally and one guy in Columbus are partnered with them.

There is a retro game store that gets them in, but they jack the prices up to whatever they're selling for on ebay; they don't sell them at MSRP almost ever. Other than that, no one else carries them. If you wouldn't mind doing that I'd be eternally grateful!

Update: Luckily ebay prices on this have settled to around MSRP so I took the plunge and bought a copy! EXTREMELY happy about having one of these on the way :D

Flashback2012

« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2019, 04:05:08 am »

Update: Luckily ebay prices on this have settled to around MSRP so I took the plunge and bought a copy! EXTREMELY happy about having one of these on the way :D

Good to hear. We were supposed to hit up a mom n' pop shop here that has been known to carry LRG items but I ran out of steam from being up all night for work and we called it a day earlier than usual.

argyle

« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2019, 06:22:58 pm »

Good to hear! I've managed to pick up a few from ebay myself that I missed for very reasonable prices. I think they've gotten to the point where they have put out so many that the number of people going for complete sets has dwindled, so that leaves more people just collecting what they want to play.

EDIT: I popped my copy of Garega in this weekend to see if I liked it btw, was going to offer it to you for cost if I didn't. Turns out it's a REALLY fun SHMUP!  ;D

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2019, 08:34:56 am »
War Something/Mecho Something went up last week.
Lichtspeer goes up on HCG next week on the 30th.
Red Matter went up on LRG last week.
No real releases from LRG this week, just Star Wars repros.

argyle

« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2019, 05:58:34 pm »
Vasara Collection goes live from Strictly Limited Games this weekend for the Vita, PS4 & Switch. Looks like a really cool shmup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLQu_F6ig1s
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

telly

« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2019, 09:05:22 am »
Anybody have an opinion on Rogue Legacy? I've heard of it before but looking at some gameplay it doesn't really look like my cup of tea. I just saw that it was in preorder.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2019, 06:10:46 pm »
Vasara Collection just went up and the Vita versions were gone in a few minutes (no real surprise). Thankfully they set the Vita LE at 2 per person.  :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2019, 02:58:40 pm »
Anybody have an opinion on Rogue Legacy? I've heard of it before but looking at some gameplay it doesn't really look like my cup of tea. I just saw that it was in preorder.

I got it for steam a while ago. It’s a neat little game with a lot of cool gimmicks. I wouldn’t pay $30 for it though.

« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2019, 08:28:47 am »
LRG announced Timespinners, Atari Flashback Collection, and Hover for this Friday.

Hard Copy Games has Lichtspeer going up today as previously mentioned.

Last night Ready to Dispatch announced The Game Paradise: Cruisin Mix for Nintendo Switch.  This version is likely uncensored compared to the PS4 version (a single still image was replaced), but the CE doesn't have the anime DVD but in place has a Vinyl.

Ready to Dispatch has another announcement planned, rumor has it it is Kero Blaster for Switch.

« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2019, 09:03:35 am »
LRG has Gravity Ghost and Metal Slug 3 going up today.

They've announced Slime-san for next week going up with Turok 1 + 2 and an unannounced PS4 title.  Rumor is Jak X.

HCG has announced that title #5 will be -Klaus-, which I personally recommend the game, but I can't recommend the publisher.  They are starting to move towards LRGs less desirable business practices.

Play-Asia put up A Hole New World for Vita yesterday.

RAG has War Tech Fighters going up next Tuesday for PS4 and NS.

Special Reserve pushed back the physical release of Metal Wolf one week, so it's August 27th.  GS version comes with stickers but no manual.  Special Reserve version comes with a manual, but no stickers, plus some other goodies I think.  Game is available digitally already.  Allegedly the Steam files contain the original MWC rom, so you can dump that to your OG Xbox and it will play.

Super Rare has not yet announced their title for this month.  Will probably drop next Thursday though.

mark1982

« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2019, 10:13:26 am »

Yeah I noticed that too. A Hole New World is a fun game, would have bought a Physical copy if it came out on the Switch.
  l    l 

« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2019, 10:47:22 am »

Yeah I noticed that too. A Hole New World is a fun game, would have bought a Physical copy if it came out on the Switch.
It DID come out on switch.

https://firstpressgames.com/products/a-hole-new-world-nintendo-switch-collectors-edition

Mind you this is a publisher that I haven't really tracked yet.