Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113379 times)

mark1982

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2019, 12:16:22 am »
It DID come out on switch.

https://firstpressgames.com/products/a-hole-new-world-nintendo-switch-collectors-edition

Mind you this is a publisher that I haven't really tracked yet.

Wow, I had no idea, I'm not familiar with the publisher, looks like they're just starting out with their first batch of games and A Hole New World is their first. Really cool how they also provide NES and Famicom cartridge versions as well.

I pre-ordered the Switch standard edition, looks like it comes with a bunch of goodies and a collectible coin. ;D Says it ships in September so I'll post some impressions when I get it, quality wise and so forth.

Thanks for the heads up ignition! ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:11:31 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »
On the first post, Unbox under GameStop should be removed. There's already a note mentioning seeing it at Walmart where I've seen it as well and I've also seen it at Target.

« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2019, 09:10:04 am »
On the first post, Unbox under GameStop should be removed. There's already a note mentioning seeing it at Walmart where I've seen it as well and I've also seen it at Target.
Yeah, the second post doesn't get updated often.  I need to get to that.

EDIT: I updated the second post a bit.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:54:15 am by ignition365 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2019, 02:36:49 pm »
Nothing from LRG this week? I see River City Girls is going up next week alongside Bubsy (and I'm sure one or two more things because they just can't help themselves at this point with dogpiling releases).

I think something from SRG comes out Saturday evening.

« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2019, 04:49:08 pm »
Nothing from LRG this week? I see River City Girls is going up next week alongside Bubsy (and I'm sure one or two more things because they just can't help themselves at this point with dogpiling releases).

I think something from SRG comes out Saturday evening.
Information is sorta hard now that LRG banned me from their discord server.

This week is a break week.

Next week is River City Girls (Again PA is likely cheaper and faster)
Revenant Dogma (PS4/Vita)
Bubsy (NS) [Not an LRG release]

SRG did Enter the Gungeon earlier this week.

SRG will do Metal Wolf Chaos next week, the same day that Gamestop will release Metal Wolf Chaos.  GS already has MWC in hand in stores across the country, but it's been street dated.

mark1982

« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2019, 06:05:14 am »
I'm undecided yet which version of River City Girls I'm gonna get, LRG or Play-Asia. Have to wait and see which ships first, should be Play-Asia. Either way the game looks great!
  l    l 

« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2019, 09:32:32 am »
I'm undecided yet which version of River City Girls I'm gonna get, LRG or Play-Asia. Have to wait and see which ships first, should be Play-Asia. Either way the game looks great!
I'd go with PA as the LRG cover art makes the characters look like they have beards.  Plus it'll arrive before LRG even starts shipping.

« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2019, 11:56:39 am »
Updated OP.  LRG now takes up more than the 20,000 character minimum, so it's on the 1st and 2nd post now.

Flashback2012

« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2019, 06:48:12 pm »
Doesn't seem like much of a Break Week if you've got items going up on Wednesday and Friday the following week.  ::)

« Reply #279 on: August 27, 2019, 01:29:53 pm »
Metal Wolf Chaos XD is now up for order from Special Reserve Games

Bubsy and Gunvolt are/should be up at LRG.

RAG announced switch releases for Riddled Corpses and Demetrios/Xenon Valkyrie.

SLG had Slaps and Beans this past weekend.  Might still be in stock, I have no clue.

Flashback2012

« Reply #280 on: September 05, 2019, 07:51:51 pm »
I just KNEW that LRG would pull their nonsense again. I mean, I know there has to be a release calendar out there but it's still annoying to not see anything on the site for days and then one day beforehand they put everything up. And here I thought I was going to get off light with just that NES cart.  :P

« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2019, 11:50:26 pm »
The Shenmue 3 Limited Edition is going to be an absolute bloodbath. It's almost certain that it's gone in under a minute. My guess is that most people's browsers will stall out during checkout due to heavy traffic. I really hate this shit.

« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2019, 02:47:35 am »
The Shenmue 3 Limited Edition is going to be an absolute bloodbath. It's almost certain that it's gone in under a minute. My guess is that most people's browsers will stall out during checkout due to heavy traffic. I really hate this shit.

It really is, to be honest I don't think the extra Dreamcast Immitation case is all that, but considering that the only way to get the CE is through Limited Run... I'm just glad here in Europe that we aren't that restricted. Thing is, Limited Run did ecently start taking Pre-Orders on their prodcuts, so I did start to have a little bit of respect for them... that is not the case with the Shenmue III C.E. - I usually hope that LR don't get their claws on properties I care for.

« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2019, 08:30:50 am »
There is a google calendar in the OP where I list the releases almost as soon as I find out about them.  If you're not averse to Discord, there are many servers out there that track these things.

There are 5,000 copies of the CE through LRG.  I have no insight on the demand, so I won't speculate on how quick it will go, but I know there are a lot of folks who hate LRG, are displeased with YsNet since they backed the KS and now they have to spend more money to get the CE, and have no clue what LRG even is.

Flashback2012

« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2019, 10:25:15 am »
I knew it was going to be a scramble this morning just like it is every release day where Vita releases are involved.  :o

I almost lost out on the two Vita releases because I accidentally clicked on the wrong cart option for the J&SB game. I had a tab open for the 3-Cart option instead of the 1-Cart one where you pick your color. I noticed the HUGE price discrepancy, realized my error, and quickly removed it. I think if I had taken any longer I would have been out of luck and would have had to try for them again at 6PM.  :P

What ended up happening is I had to put in a separate order for the 1-Cart release (I went with NES Grey). I have to pay another shipping charge but at this point I'm okay with it since my Vita order went through unscathed.

As for the Shenmue III CE, I am seriously considering trying for one even though I backed the Kickstarter at the $60 tier and will have a normal PS4 copy coming to me.  :o