Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113432 times)

telly

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2019, 11:01:36 am »
On the topic of Shenmue III, has anyone gotten an email about providing an email for shipping? I haven't seen anything
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2019, 10:38:04 am »
Just a friendly reminder that the Shenmue 3 CE goes up on LRG in about an hour and a half.

Flashback2012

« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2019, 11:57:53 am »
Just a friendly reminder that the Shenmue 3 CE goes up on LRG in about an hour and a half.

I just realized why they're releasing it today. It's the Dreamcast's 20th Birthday (in North America) today!  ;D

Warmsignal

« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2019, 07:01:09 pm »
Weird that they are able to publish the game before the mainstream release. Figured the the publisher might see that as potentially hurting the sales of their own release date.

Flashback2012

« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2019, 08:21:00 pm »
Weird that they are able to publish the game before the mainstream release. Figured the the publisher might see that as potentially hurting the sales of their own release date.

Site says it's launching at or just before the retail launch. Took it a while to sell out at noon this morning. I figured it would be gone in minutes but it still showed available like 30 minutes after it went up.

« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2019, 01:02:41 pm »
LRG announces Duck Game for NS/PS4 and Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier for PS4 for sale this Friday.  Duck Game is open preorder on both platforms but is broken on PS4.  Impossible to earn Platinum trophy among other problems, no fix in place, no expectation of it being fixed for the release.  LRG will allow this because they want to work with Adult Swim Games whereas they cancelled the PS4 release of Super Mutant Alien Assault for the same issue because they aren't a big company.  Also, the Apes game is a Playlink game... so gimmicks.

Ghost Blade HD goes up for preorder on Play Asia tomorrow.

« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2019, 01:36:22 pm »
PA announces Mercenary Kings for PS Vita and Space Shooter Habraxia for PS Vita this Thursday.

RAG announces Xeodrifter for NS this Wednesday.

Super Rare announces Darkside Detective for NS this Thursday.

Special Reserve has Downwell Tomorrow.

LRG has announced Asdivine Hearts 2 for PS4 this Friday.  As always LRG has not and will not release their full schedule for the week in any form of a timely manner.

First Press announces Castle of Heart.  I will try to update one of the OPs to add First Press at some point.  New company, hasn't shipped anything yet, so as always be careful.
https://firstpressgames.com/collections/collection

LRG has announced another distribution deal where they are the sole distributor of Fairy Fencer F for NS.  In light of LRG doing a lot more distribution deals (thus claiming that they aren't technically breaking their 1 switch every other week promise, which they have broken time and again) LRG distro is now lavender on the calendar.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 02:43:06 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2019, 01:55:55 pm »
iam8bit announces preorders for Sayonara Wild Hearts on NS/PS4.

« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2019, 03:59:25 pm »
VBlank announces that Shakedown Hawaii will go on sale next Wednesday the 25th for NS.

LRG announces Ms. Splosion Man for NS and Serial Cleaner for PS4.

mark1982

« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2019, 08:12:10 pm »
VBlank announces that Shakedown Hawaii will go on sale next Wednesday the 25th for NS.

Oooh finally, after seeing this post I saw the email too for Shakedown, definitely gonna grab that.
  l    l 

mark1982

« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2019, 03:26:13 am »

YES! Blazing Chrome. Mark it down people ;D, glad I held off the digital version.
  l    l 

telly

« Reply #296 on: September 25, 2019, 10:46:24 am »
Is it good? I might pick it up!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

mark1982

« Reply #297 on: September 25, 2019, 10:07:41 pm »
Is it good? I might pick it up!

If you're into Contra or Metal Slug type games, it's should be right up your alley ;D

l    l 

telly

« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2019, 10:37:20 am »
I took a look at a little gameplay. Looks like fun, unsure if I could justify paying premium for a physical version
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2019, 12:53:24 pm »
Some updates.  LRG has Thea (NS) and System Shock (PC) up for order as distro titles.  LRG has announced Mary Skelter 2 (NS) as a distro title coming in late November.

LRG announced Wandersong for NS and PS4 for next Friday.  This last Friday had 6 Switch titles available for order and currently next Friday is looking like it'll be 5 Switch titles.  They're really ramping things up as opposed to staying with a reasonable number of releases like other pubs.

SLG had Door Kickers Action Squad up for order this last weekend for NS/PS4.

Gigantic Army (NS) went up on various outlets (PA/VGP.ca/VGNY/etc).  Allegedly this is the start of a new lim print publisher who does distro with a bunch of companies.  PEGI rated games being sold in NA/EU/JP.