Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113429 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2019, 08:49:52 am »
Wandersong, Deadbolt, and Shapeshifting Detective go up today.

Pantsu Hunter for Vita up at PA yesterday

Evoland up at Super Rare yesterday as well.

argyle

« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2019, 12:24:21 am »
I jumped on Evoland yesterday. I've always been interested in checking out those games so I couldn't pass that one up.

A public service announcement, the Trine Series 1-3 set that is exclusive to Gamestop appears to be the ONLY way to get those games physical, on the Switch at least (not sure about other platforms). I found out the hard way today that the Ultimate Collection for the Switch only has Trine 4 on the cart, there is a packed-in code that you redeem for the other 3 games. :( 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2019, 03:47:42 am »
I'm not seeing the SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER Definitive Edition in normal online retailers, not even GAME! The only place I am seeing it is on Square-Enix's website:
https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/en_GB/product/593479/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4

I'm curious to know if it will have all  the DLC on Disc or not...

I've Been informed it' listed at most retailers in the USA.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:36:05 am by vivigamer »

« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2019, 05:08:56 pm »

Flashback2012

« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:22 pm »
Mulaka PS4/Switch in February.

https://twitter.com/firstpressgames/status/1189195165937782784

I damn well better be able to square off against a Chupacabra in that game!  :P

LRG released Tokyo Chronos this morning. I just happened to be on the site looking at something else and saw it on a refresh. At least they were nice enough to list this Friday's release today (I'm sure they'll find a way to add more stuff before then). On that note, I like how Jumanji popped up outta nowhere yesterday.  :P

« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2019, 08:26:57 am »
Yeah, LRG is hot garbage lately.  Tokyo Chronos can be had from Amazon JP (with english supprt) for around $40.

mark1982

« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2019, 10:25:29 am »

Son of a...

I think this is gonna go fast

If not there's always the standard edition. I'm just so very glad I will get to "own" a copy *sheds tear* :'(
  l    l 

kashell

« Reply #307 on: November 05, 2019, 11:07:20 am »
Yeah, my buddy told me about that yesterday.

I'm not going to go with that deluxe version due to space. I'll just be happy with a standard physical version.

Flashback2012

« Reply #308 on: November 05, 2019, 11:23:40 am »
What are the regular editions going for? $34.99?

« Reply #309 on: November 05, 2019, 03:45:54 pm »
$39.99

« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2019, 12:46:35 pm »
I update the OP very frequently, but not the subsequent stuff.  The google calendar is the best place for release info.

Steamworld Quest (NS) from Super Rare Games launches today.

Distraint Collection (NS) from EastAsiaSoft launches today.

LRG has some random Kemco game and Polybius (PS4) tomorrow.

Matter of fact, I'm gonna start the process of converting the OP into an immediate information section with a link to a Google Sheet that has more detailed historical information.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:51:03 pm by ignition365 »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:45 pm »
Can somebody tell me what the appeal is of LRG?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2019, 08:12:26 pm »
Well, it used to be that LRG offered die hard physical collectors a chance at games that otherwise would never see a brick and mortar store. However, along the way they got that mission statement crossed up with the (un?)intended consequence of FOMO and scalpers causing huge spikes of their products on the secondary market.

Then they started  believing their own press and thinking people would buy just about any turd they put in a box, coupled with them determined to stomp the market into oblivion by selling multiple products per week nearly every week this year.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:32:07 pm by bunnybear »
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2019, 08:20:21 am »
Well, it used to be that LRG offered die hard physical collectors a chance at games that otherwise would never see a brick and mortar store. However, along the way they got that mission statement crossed up with the (un?)intended consequence of FOMO and scalpers causing huge spikes of their products on the secondary market.

Then they started  believing their own press and thinking people would buy just about any ahit they turd they put in a box, coupled with them determined to stomp the market into oblivion by selling multiple products per week nearly every week this year.

Thank you for the answer! The ps4 started out as great collecting system because Europe got a lot of exclusives but now with all these limited offerings it will be impossible to complete the collection ever!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

mark1982

« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2019, 09:36:31 pm »
Yeah I agree, if you’re a completionist collector these limited releases are a total nightmare. Just keeping track of all of them is already tedious. However if you’re a collector that only buys selective titles based on preference then LRG provides options to those collectors to own and collect a physical version.

I only buy and collect games that I play or see myself playing, so I pick up a handful of LRG titles throughout the year. So for a collector like myself, the appeal is there for me to own a physical version over digital for the titles I am interested in.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:16:20 am by mark1982 »
  l    l