Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113491 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2019, 09:45:41 am »
Some updates.  B Side Games exists in JP to do limited indie releases in JP region.  First two titles are Golf Story and Cat Quest.

LRG will have Jak X up for sale tomorrow along with Blasphemous.

RAG has Hover on Switch up for sale.

That is all.

« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:02 pm »
LRG are releasing their own copy of Tetris Effect this Friday, because fuck you, that’s why.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

Flashback2012

« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2019, 09:15:50 pm »
LRG are releasing their own copy of Tetris Effect this Friday, because fuck you, that’s why.

LOL. I just picked this up the other week at GameStop for $10 so no need to get this overpriced one.

soera

« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2019, 02:11:50 am »

This is literally the dumbest thing they have done so far and they have 2 games based on goats and another 2 based on fish.

« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2019, 02:49:33 pm »
What hot garbage.

LRG announces Tetris Effect for some god forsaken reason.  They also announce Fu'un Super Combo for PS4 (This is a JP PS2 Classic, so limited English, not a remaster or anything, exactly the JP PS2 release), VA-11 HALL-A and ROM 2064 Integral for Switch/PS4 and Switch respectively.  LRG will have Mary Skelter 2 and Moero Chronicles Hyper for Switch starting next week in their distribution line.

« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2019, 11:10:31 pm »

This is literally the dumbest thing they have done so far and they have 2 games based on goats and another 2 based on fish.

No kidding.  I just got the regular version dirt cheap a couple of months ago.  Why the heck would they do this?

« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2019, 12:18:38 am »

No kidding.  I just got the regular version dirt cheap a couple of months ago.  Why the heck would they do this?

They claim it's a 'new foil cover & updated version with patches on-disc'. Which is really a bunch of BS. It's got to have something to do with that vinyl release, like somehow they had to have the game with it for contract reasons. I doubt we'll ever know... or that it will sell.

« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2019, 07:00:58 am »

They claim it's a 'new foil cover & updated version with patches on-disc'. Which is really a bunch of BS. It's got to have something to do with that vinyl release, like somehow they had to have the game with it for contract reasons. I doubt we'll ever know... or that it will sell.
they've actually back peddled on the patches comment because they dont know if it will have patches.

« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2019, 08:40:02 am »
they've actually back peddled on the patches comment because they dont know if it will have patches.

Ah, so it's EXTRA pointless now!

« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2019, 09:37:05 am »

Ah, so it's EXTRA pointless now!
But it's not a numbered LRG release.  They are on and off referring to it as a distribution release (even though they set aside distribution releases for Tuesdays).

It mad dumb yo

Flashback2012

« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2019, 04:28:32 pm »
But it's not a numbered LRG release.  They are on and off referring to it as a distribution release (even though they set aside distribution releases for Tuesdays).

It mad dumb yo

I really wish they'd knock it off with the damn vinyl. That and all of the other damn overpriced merch they slap on the page that's just clutter and in the way. I'm okay with the distributed titles like the Idea Factory games (even if they are a little on the pricey side) but I definitely need to do better research on what they release. I wouldn't have sprung for the Jumanji had I known it was getting a regular release in stores but that's my own fault for a lack of due diligence.

As for releases, I wish they would just stick to Fridays for everything, distributed titles as well as their regular stuff. They really ought to limit it to just 2 released titles a week as well. It comes to roughly 100 titles a year which is still excessive but they really ought to curtail what they decide to put on physical release. I never would have picked up titles like Tharsis and Wandersong had I looked them up before purchasing them.  :P

« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2019, 09:16:24 am »
SLG announces Darius Cozmic Collection, sort of a confusing release.  I'll only bother to try to explain if someone really wants

New publisher 1Print Games announces Kero Blaster, Ittle Dew, and Death Squared for Switch.  Based in Japan, run by Nintendo Soup.

LRG has pushed back the release of Tetris Effect rerelease by 2 hours for a mystery game that will go up for a 4 week open preorder at noon EST today.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:03:16 am by ignition365 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2019, 12:14:10 pm »
Mystery game turned out to be Gris for PS4. I don't even remember SRG offering up the Switch version but it's already sold out. I figured LRG would have had a special variant release for Switch as well.

Hopefully they didn't print too many copies of Tetris Effect.  ;D

« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2019, 12:37:24 pm »
Hopefully they didn't print too many copies of Tetris Effect.  ;D
Hopefully they did.

argyle

« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2019, 01:06:05 pm »
I managed to get in on the restock/second chance for both Retro City Rampage from VBlank and Enter the Gungeon from SRG, both for Switch. Very happy about those. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis